Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3299244)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well,you have the five litre conversion to think of first Originality and present day cars?
Unfortunately there are VERY few of us who would not cheat in order to go faster.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3299318)   #27
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Earleir in the year at Donington I was told about a rather nice Italian icon that in previous seasons had been a mid-field runner but this time out had pretty much walked away with its race.

I have no idea how much the general fettling, lightening and suspension/braking system redesign and replacement cost but the figure for the engine work alone was deeply into 5 figures.

Nice, I suppose, if one has the wherewithal. Presumably running and travel costs along with entry fees become a little insignificant in such cases.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3299459)   #28
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If rebuild costs are at the figure Nick has quoted I can only think there is a lot of component recasting going on which begs the question of how closely they follow the original. Ridiculous![/QUOTE]

I am requoting that which someone said on this forum about a year ago about the E-type in that they have become more competitive the older they get...read into that what you will!
Old 6 Sep 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3299765)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Earleir in the year at Donington I was told about a rather nice Italian icon
Alfasud?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3299786)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

In fact,IF you could find a decent one [one with an english wiring loom etc] they were a very good car.I had an ex concourse Sprint,excellent little car,drove that a good many miles,all round Europe,didn't disgrace itself around the Ring,provided a lot of fun around Spa [when it was still mainly public road].
I had Dave Ashworth,of Brunswick Motorsport do an engine and decent wiring loom, never a moments problem,even used as daily driver!
Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3299831)   #31
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with TB about the Alfasud. My wife had one in the early 80s - just an ordinary Sud, 1186cc, not a Sprint or anything fancy but a fantastic little car to drive. Lovely engine and handling. Bodyrot left a little to be desired though!! It leaked like a sieve.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3300923)   #32
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verynearly started my racing career in a 'Sud. Mate of mine and his dad had one and we planned to race it. Went as far as buying the overalls and helmet and then his dad said he did not want me to be part of it anymore!!

Had to wait another 20 years before I finally got there - now luvvini' in in the 'B
Old 3 Oct 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3312150)   #33
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There another HRDC Allstars race this Saturday 5th October as part of the British GT race weekend.
30 entries ranging from Griffith and Galaxie, to A35 and Anglia.

Qual at 11h00, 30 minute race at 14h15 from the final regs.
Additional races are 2x BRSCC MX5 Autumn Challenge rounds.
British GT free practice at 09h35 and 11h40, qual at 15h45 (race is on Sunday at 13h15).