Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What will Ross do? (in your opinion)
Go to McLaren 4 10.53%
Go to another team 1 2.63%
Stay at Ferrari 16 42.11%
Retire 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3684584)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this is a genuinely exciting rumour. if he's left to his own devices and allowed free reign then our sport future may be looking up...
Old 1 Nov 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3684587)   #52
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I cannot thin of a better qualified person to take over from Bernie. Although I suspect Bernie will never leave the F1 scene altogether.
Old 1 Nov 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3684589)   #53
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, Bernie will leave eventually, if only at the behest of the Grim Reaper. I'd be delighted if Ross was in charge of the sporting regulations; but, with new regs coming in next year, surely we need to leave them be for a good five years at least? Which might put RB out of the picture.
Old 1 Nov 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3684598)   #54
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Well, Bernie will leave eventually, if only at the behest of the Grim Reaper. I'd be delighted if Ross was in charge of the sporting regulations; but, with new regs coming in next year, surely we need to leave them be for a good five years at least? Which might put RB out of the picture.
However Brawn should be able to prevent the stupid stuff FOM,teams & FIA will come up when everybody realizes that next years cars will have difficulty passing each other.
Old 1 Nov 2016, 23:53 (Ref:3684654)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this is a genuinely exciting rumour. if he's left to his own devices and allowed free reign then our sport future may be looking up...
It is interesting, but to the comment of "free reign"... everyone has a boss that they report to and RB would be no different. So he will have to work with others.

Quote:
It would take time to formulate new regulations that are not knee jerk. So even if the new stuff is in place for awhile someone has to work on what is next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
However Brawn should be able to prevent the stupid stuff FOM,teams & FIA will come up when everybody realizes that next years cars will have difficulty passing each other.
And that as well! That is to my point above about knee jerk reactions. Maybe he can be a calming hand.

Richard
Old 2 Nov 2016, 01:01 (Ref:3684665)   #56
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, Bernie will leave eventually, if only at the behest of the Grim Reaper.
Not until he has successfully negotiated a multi year "future life" deal that ensures that his appropriately fluffy cloud never goes to near the open flames of the hot parts, that he might otherwise have had to set up residence in..
Old 2 Nov 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3684820)   #57
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Andrew Benson on BBC now saying Brawn has denied he's signed a proper job contract with Liberty etc.
He said he's just helping out with a bit of consultancy - 'to help them (Liberty) find their way in F1'
Old 2 Nov 2016, 18:37 (Ref:3684823)   #58
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Andrew Benson on BBC now saying Brawn has denied he's signed a proper job contract with Liberty etc.
He said he's just helping out with a bit of consultancy - 'to help them (Liberty) find their way in F1'
However he did not say he would not be taking a greater role in the future, or that he was not in negotiations about the possibility.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/br...ulting-846153/
Old 2 Nov 2016, 21:49 (Ref:3684874)   #59
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although everybody is getting terribly excited about the prospect that Brawn may/might/could/should be taking a position in the future management/regulation/making the tea for Formula 1, might I gently remind you that his book has just been published, and all this free publicity won't be harming the sales of the tome!
Old 3 Nov 2016, 15:13 (Ref:3685050)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I still wouldn't rule it out yet
Old 3 Nov 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3685116)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Bild" claims the contract is signed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Nov 2016, 23:33 (Ref:3685160)   #62
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
"Bild" claims the contract is signed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
that was from earlier this week - Brawn still denying it, to the BBC no less.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37847748
and
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37861373

all the Brawn publicity is good as, purely coincidentally, his book is out this week!!!

Cynic?
Moi?
Old 4 Nov 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3685356)   #63
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
that was from earlier this week - Brawn still denying it, to the BBC no less.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37847748
and
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37861373

all the Brawn publicity is good as, purely coincidentally, his book is out this week!!!

Cynic?
Moi?
To be honest I thought the same when I learned that his book was just released.

Richard
Old 7 Nov 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3686241)   #64
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
... might I gently remind you that his book has just been published, and all this free publicity won't be harming the sales of the tome!
its increasingly looking that way.

BE hitting out pretty hard that its not happening.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35203.html
Old 7 Nov 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3686269)   #65
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
its increasingly looking that way.

BE hitting out pretty hard that its not happening.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35203.html
That sounds to me like somebody who's job might be under pressure but then I am not so sure about that web site.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3686525)   #66
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me Ross Brawn is no Bernie and not suited for that role but the prospect of him having a lead role in the technical strategy is really interesting. The deal making role should be with Liberty as and when they have control
Old 29 Jan 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3707585)   #67
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read the book. If Liberty allows it, I think better things are coming. Brawn has the right attitude and is not afraid of being a bit ruthless. Even after Mclaren allowed Mercedes to supply the same engine to BrawnGP and saving Brawn's bacon by letting Mercedes leave Mclaren (Ron never forgave Martin for it), the NEXT YEAR Brawn asks Mercedes to give Mclaren an inferior engine (and was soundly told off).

Enviado do meu ONE E1003 através de Tapatalk
Old 21 Apr 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3728130)   #68
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Ross Brawn has said he could not work with Bernie as their approaches are very different.
Brawn says he likes to have a planned long term approach where as Bernie tends to react to what is happening now and let the future be what it is.
Brawn said that he never made it a condition that Bernie not be involved.

Perhaps Liberty has the view you cannot have the two opposing approaches and took the one that they thought was best.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129089
Old 21 Apr 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3728166)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, Ross has got good sense, so therefore he would very much at loggerheads with Bernie's spur of the moment thinking
Old 24 Apr 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3728878)   #70
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, Ross has got good sense, so therefore he would very much at loggerheads with Bernie's spur of the moment thinking
Did anyone see the Ecclstone interview by Eddie Jordan on Top gear last night?.....no wonder ecclstone got binned, what an awful person.....it was the most cringe-worthy interview I have ever seen.......yet again ecclestone was using Jordan as a mouth-piece.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3728907)   #71
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You intrigued me enough to go and find it on iPlayer.

There's 3 minutes of dead air, pretty much. With the Prost snippet as an exception, it's largely nothing I haven't heard before and seems to be just a puff piece to keep Bernie in the public eye IMO.

Of course, with Bernie, there's always some undercurrent, it's just not clear from this piece which way it's flowing...
Old 26 Apr 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3729327)   #72
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
You intrigued me enough to go and find it on iPlayer.

There's 3 minutes of dead air, pretty much. With the Prost snippet as an exception, it's largely nothing I haven't heard before and seems to be just a puff piece to keep Bernie in the public eye IMO.

Of course, with Bernie, there's always some undercurrent, it's just not clear from this piece which way it's flowing...
Down stream hopefully - all the way to the water treatmentioned works...
Old 27 Apr 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3729560)   #73
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember that Joe Sayward piece about Bernie going to do something at Bahrain? What happened?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3729565)   #74
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Bernie wanting to pull another Kirch Group buy back?