Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Oct 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2776373)   #301
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome story, hats off to the OAK and Prestige Racing guys, and good to hear he already has support from MOTUL and Michelin. Le Mans wasn't the same without Henri and his team this year and it would be great to see his cars once again fighting for the overall podium.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2776569)   #302
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
A Michelin man Pescarolo would be brilliant !!!

Great to hear he is tryin to make a comeback . If he can manage to get it together , I reckon he will have possibily the most popular sportscar team .

I got my Missis saying a novena !!!
Old 18 Oct 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2776680)   #303
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very very good news

But once again a JUDD for Pescarolo Team isn't that exciting though
Old 18 Oct 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2776824)   #304
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This news makes my heart soar like a hawk -- to borrow a quote from the motion picture "Little Big Man."

One hopes there are sponsors who recognize the enormous amount of good will that would accrue to them by sponsoring Henri. Simply to be associated with the great man would be a privilege and a marketing coup.

- Jeff
Old 19 Oct 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2777029)   #305
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result for a great enthusiast, congratulations to all involved.

I await with interest the full story that must now be told somewhere
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2777069)   #306
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to brag like a kid but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
The only think I'm thinking now as a good move, would be that Jacques Nicolet buys all the auction stuff. Oak having already bought IP of 2010 car (I may be wrong on this) and developing it for 2011 LMP2, they could actually become the new Pescarolo entity. Then they could continue their LMP2 challange with Mazda France backing, while letting the LMP1 effort in Henri's hand.
This is what I openly dreamt about eight days before the auction! A real case of "dream come true" isn't it?

I've ever been so happy to guess someting right!

Now... What do you think about the stuff on the CD rom. Early CFD studies obviously. But would you bet on a '09 Pescarolo 01 with the honking fin, or the basis of a new design?
Old 19 Oct 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2777238)   #307
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the most likley result, given the time restrictions, is a '09 car botched to fir the '11 regulations and - resources permitting - their own brand new car for '12.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2777452)   #308
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
I think the most likley result, given the time restrictions, is a '09 car botched to fir the '11 regulations and - resources permitting - their own brand new car for '12.
I believe it will be a car on the same level as the '05 Hybrid.
So that it will be a Pescarolo 1h - JUDD (maybe with a Zytek hybrid).
adapting the already good and competitive chassis, to the new regulations with only minor improvements (so it will be a hybrid chassis), will maybe not make them as fast as the AMR in one lap, but certainly more reliable and maybe also faster over a duration of time.

So what i hope, and believe we will se is a Pescarolo 1h - JUDDh. Ei. a 2009 chassis with the 2010 upgrades and with extra 2011 regulations adaptations and minor upgrades. Fitted with a Judd engine, with Judd's own hybrid system or Zyteks.
Old 21 Oct 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2778114)   #309
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://translate.google.com.au/trans..._10102005.html
Just picked it up from the Peugeot thread where it was posted by: "porsche91722".

If Henri has seen the 90X, and got info on it. That would mean he on some plan cooperates with Peugeot.
What i start to think of is the Peugeot Petrol Turbo engine, which was planned for Oreca, but since the Oreca 03 is cancelled that engine is free!? (if it's developed).
Could Peugeot choose to go back and form an engine cooperative with Henri once again?.
Old 21 Oct 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2778132)   #310
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the rumours of Peugeot going with a hybrid petrol engine are true, perhaps they could keep the diesel engines going in the back of the Pescarolos?
Old 22 Oct 2010, 03:51 (Ref:2778214)   #311
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
What i start to think of is the Peugeot Petrol Turbo engine, which was planned for Oreca, but since the Oreca 03 is cancelled that engine is free!? (if it's developed).
Again, it's the 02 that's cancelled, the 03 is the new-for-2011 P2 aimed at privateers and that's very much a project still underway.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2778301)   #312
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
If the rumours of Peugeot going with a hybrid petrol engine are true, perhaps they could keep the diesel engines going in the back of the Pescarolos?
Yeah , a little goodwill from them towards Pescarolo would go a long way in my mind .

I didnt like the treatment Pescarolo recieved after they wrecked Pugs car .

I understand business is business , but a company like Pug could have shouldered that cost burdan , especially when a team and jobs are at risk , and considering it was an older chassis .
Old 22 Oct 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2778312)   #313
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Again, it's the 02 that's cancelled, the 03 is the new-for-2011 P2 aimed at privateers and that's very much a project still underway.
I've heard a lot of talk about the car not happening but when was it confirmed that the project was cancelled? I'm sure Hughes at PLM wasn't talking about it as if it was cancelled.

Of course they have said they prefer to tie-up with a manufacturer, but unless they have solid guarantees from Peugeot it makes sense that they keep the project on the back burner.

Can anyone remember what he said when interviewed on Radio Le Mans?
Old 22 Oct 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2778327)   #314
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
.......it makes sense that they keep the project on the back burner.

Can anyone remember what he said when interviewed on Radio Le Mans?
Can't remember any exact quotes, but the project is definitely on hold. In other words, they are concentrating their efforts elsewhere, which we can fairly safely assume involves them getting their mitts on at least one 90X for 2011.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2778555)   #315
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I'm sorry about the mistake with the "02" and "03", but that is not the topic for this thread .

But could a Peugeot engine (Diesel or Petrol) find it's way into a Pescarolo!?. Henri must have something to do in the Peugeot Engine department to see the 90X engine.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2778858)   #316
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But could a Peugeot engine (Diesel or Petrol) find it's way into a Pescarolo!?.
In theory, yes.

But, reading what Henri had to say in the most recent interview on Endurance-Info.com, I suspect the cars will be Judd powered again next year. The question is, 3.4 or 5.5? He will be speaking to John Judd, the ACO and those responsible for the technical regs, in order to evaluate which is his best option. An alternative engine supplier hasn't been ruled out, but........

I'm expecting evolution rather than revolution chez Pescarolo.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2778897)   #317
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
In theory, yes.

But, reading what Henri had to say in the most recent interview on Endurance-Info.com, I suspect the cars will be Judd powered again next year. The question is, 3.4 or 5.5? He will be speaking to John Judd, the ACO and those responsible for the technical regs, in order to evaluate which is his best option. An alternative engine supplier hasn't been ruled out, but........

I'm expecting evolution rather than revolution chez Pescarolo.
I've read the interview shortly after i wrote the former. But what still puzzels me is what Pescarolo and Peugeot are doing together since Henri is allowed into some of the most secret places at Peugeot!
Old 23 Oct 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2778901)   #318
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've read the interview shortly after i wrote the former. But what still puzzels me is what Pescarolo and Peugeot are doing together since Henri is allowed into some of the most secret places at Peugeot!
Maybe Peugeot thought Henri was not likely to race in 2011 and so allowed him in as a gesture of goodwill? Maybe now they wish they hadn't?
Old 23 Oct 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2779086)   #319
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They'll probably go with the restricted 5.5 V10--a lot of them laying around, and will at least be reliable, thought the V8 has shown decent reliablity. And the Inline 4 has been installed in a Pescarolo in the form of the AER/Mazda MZR-R, but OAK ditched that in favor of the Judd V8, though they still have the Mazda France sponsorship.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2779110)   #320
The Badger
Veteran

Walk before running I suggest is the best formula for Pescarolo now .
Old 24 Oct 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2779703)   #321
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Walk before running I suggest is the best formula for Pescarolo now .
Henri has confirmed that there will be shared some knowledge between OAK and Pesca. So i expect a Judd V8 in the Pesca cars.
Also, if anyone know how important it is to follow the regulation changes it's Henri, after almost winning in 2005 (where the R8 was restricted)
Old 13 Nov 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2789715)   #322
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Henri announces a first new partner for his team. Autovision Technical Controls.

No idea how much money is involved in this but certainly good news. Henri needs a much budget as he can find and hopefully this will go some way to him have 2 cars on the grid at Le Mans!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5656.html
Old 17 Nov 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2792107)   #323
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Really good in-depth interview with Henri about how things are taking shape. He is looking at two engine options and seems set to do the LMS instead of ILMC in this transition year.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5678.html
Old 6 Dec 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2800274)   #324
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Michelin are providing rubber for Henri again:

http://www.lemanslive.com/?lang=en
Old 6 Dec 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2800564)   #325
The Badger
Veteran

This is shaping up quite nicely .