Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Apr 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2673391)   #1
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG With SBR until 2012

Announced this morning in Hamilton.

If he was they key to the silly season, where will everyone else fall?
Old 15 Apr 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2673394)   #2
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thursday 15th April

Stone Brothers Racing held an official press conference in Hamilton this morning to announce that Shane van Gisbergen has re-signed with the Ford backed team until the end of 2012. The re-sign comes at the turning point of van Gisbergen’s career having secured three podium finishes in the 2010 V8 Supercar season so far.

New Zealand born van Gisbergen made his rise to V8 Supercars at the tender age of 18 making his debut at Oran Park in 2008, driving the Stone Brothers Racing backed Team Kiwi entry. Since then van Gisbergen, who still remains the youngest full time driver in V8 Supercars has been classed as ‘hot property’ with many keeping an eye on the young prodigy.

Today’s announcement also confirmed that the SP Tools brand will continue on as naming rights sponsor of the #9 SP Tools Racing Falcon until the end of 2012.

Shane van Gisbergen- Driver, SP Tools Racing #9

“This is what my dad and I have been aiming for, we’ve been getting better and better and have really settled in with the team over the years. The results have started to come so when it came time to look at my future there was no reason to leave SBR.

“We had options from other teams but it never really entered my mind to make the switch, I am getting more confident every race meeting and it’s all looking pretty good.

“To sign up for at least another two years is really exciting, there is great stability in the team and I know the results will keep coming.

“Money was never really a factor in my decision to re-sign with SBR, I am only 20 years old and for me this is all about winning a Championship. It doesn’t matter to me what I’m getting paid, I get to race cars for a living and I couldn’t be happier.”

Ross Stone – SBR Team Principal

“We are thrilled to have Shane join the team for another two seasons, we have invested a lot in his career over the past few years and it’s great to be at a point where we are achieving what we knew he was always capable of.

“Shane definitely had offers from other teams but he is extremely loyal to SBR and like us isn’t looking to break the chemistry in the team.

“Although by nature Shane is relatively reserved, when the helmet goes on he commands the respect of his fellow competitors for his consistent speed and great car control, particularly in wet conditions.”

“It’s great to have SP Tools on board with us as naming rights of the #9 car for another two seasons. The SP brand has been with us since SBR began in 1998 which makes them our longest running team partner. Our relationship with SP Tools is a long one and a strong one.”

This weekend van Gisbergen will contest in the Hamilton ITM 400 in front of a home crowd.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2673566)   #3
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW, both Shane and SP Tools. Things are looking up at SBR.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2673956)   #4
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a "red" supporter who wants to see the Holden v Ford battle continue on a competitive basis, this is great news.

This guy is a future champion and this news may be a big relief for one W.Davison.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2673958)   #5
Neil Hart
Rookie

Australia
Fitzroy
Neil Hart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not exactly enthralling news is it? Would have shown a stronger character of the boy if he went elsewhere
Old 17 Apr 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2673983)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how would it have shown strong character Neil.

would not the character it shown been that off i will go where the money is or i will go to the best team, thats not strong character, That's a Lazy or greedy character.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 01:37 (Ref:2673993)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto View Post
...this news may be a big relief for one W.Davison.
have i missed something? why would that be?
Old 17 Apr 2010, 02:36 (Ref:2674004)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
think the suggestion is that Will is also out of contract at year end
Old 17 Apr 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2674043)   #9
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
how would it have shown strong character Neil.

would not the character it shown been that off i will go where the money is or i will go to the best team, thats not strong character, That's a Lazy or greedy character.
Don't know if he went where the money was/is , he certainly hasn't stayed with the best team.

Sprung Breaking Rules have sone SFA since dirty marcos went to the USA.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2674046)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
is there a team in v8supercars that hasnt been sprung breaking rules apart from the new ones this year, i cant think of any.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2674877)   #11
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was pleased to hear this today.
Nice to see the loyalty and commitment from all concerned.

I didn't quite catch the radio chat with Giz today but he sure got a serve from the C7 commentators. Something about packing up and heading home early I gathered.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2675434)   #12
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
think the suggestion is that Will is also out of contract at year end
what so he should be the next biggest "hot property" who is off contract at the end of the year?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2675462)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
what so he should be the next biggest "hot property" who is off contract at the end of the year?
No, he would be a little worried about his current spot.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2675507)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
ahh possibly replaced by SvG? I don't see why given his performance last year, and it being only "weekend" 4 of the championship
Old 22 Apr 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2677644)   #15
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news for Shane.

Will has been the biggest disappointment of the year for me. Hard to blame the car when your teammate is out front and you're barely in the top 10 or worse. He did awesome at DJR, I wonder if he ever looks at Courtney's results and wonders what might have happened had he stayed.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2678029)   #16
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
Good news for Shane.

Will has been the biggest disappointment of the year for me. Hard to blame the car when your teammate is out front and you're barely in the top 10 or worse. He did awesome at DJR, I wonder if he ever looks at Courtney's results and wonders what might have happened had he stayed.
No need to wonder, as i am sure that DJR is not on his mind.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2678123)   #17
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right, the DJR cars are too far up the field for him to see from his mediocre performances this year.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2678124)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Well he is behind all 3 DJR cars including the rookie
Old 22 Apr 2010, 23:59 (Ref:2678159)   #19
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
so he has Skaife Syndrome now? he was 2nd in the championship last year people, talent doesn't just dry up in 1 off season! There is someone else in another factory squad that deserves to be dumped well before WD does.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 00:06 (Ref:2678162)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
No one is arguing your last point axeman, But your just trying to change the subject and take the heat of Will. why do you think Will is performing so average
Old 23 Apr 2010, 03:32 (Ref:2678205)   #21
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
No one is arguing your last point axeman, But your just trying to change the subject and take the heat of Will. why do you think Will is performing so average
how am i trying to change the subject? i'm making a comparison. sure i rate Will as a driver, don't forget he did drag a bucket of poo DJR car to victory. its not however that i have a fetish over him. he does drive for Holden, but i am not that much of a one eyed Ford supporter that i think he is a hasbeen after a few bad performances, i recognise drivers who perform without being a tool. my issue is that someone doesn't perform for a couple of rounds, and everyone writes them off as has beens.

I think some HRT history is being repeated

care to dispute my quandary: "he was 2nd in the championship last year people, talent doesn't just dry up in 1 off season!" Why do YOU think he is performing so average, given his standing at the end of last year, which was 4 months ago?
Old 24 Apr 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2678885)   #22
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It must show a number of elements coming together:

1) SVG and his management team's faith in SBR to overcome the underlying issues
2) Ongoing support from SP Tools
3) Ongoing/increased support from Ford

It'd be interesting to see where the other offers came from and how they might affect the Queensland lifestyle, but I guess it's nice for all parties to announce the contract extension early.

Now, just pray that Ford don't do a "Nip and Tuck" on their input and all will be good.