Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Mar 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1256785)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are TVNZ in breach of their V8 Supercar broadcasting contract?

Hi All,

It has been brought to my attention today that TVNZ seem to be prepared to show all of Clipsal Race 1 today - a day late due to time differences - which is reasonably acceptable.

But then next weekend we can expect to see drag racing, Carrera Cup from NZ, Scott Dixon's IRL, and Malaysia F1 highlights and several others for memory, as well as the Clipsal Race 2. Now I am no genius, nor profess to be, but it seems that today we saw Formula Toyota for 30 minutes and Clipsal Race 1 for the remaining 2 and a half hours of the 3 hour show - Shell Helix Motorsport.

Now one of my other friends (yes, I have more than one), who is a great Chinese mathematician, has eluded that in order to show all that is being professed to being available to be seen next week, then we are up for a few miracles. Ok, it'll be Easter Sunday, so the volume of ads should be somewhat reduced, but even so, if Clipsal Race 2 is two hours, then the rest will still exceed one hour - F1 is 30 minutes alone, plus IRL.

Anyway, this poses a question: What does an AVESCO TV contract say as it seems that we Kiwis are getting ripped off and it certainly not the first time by any pencil shake when it comes to V8 Supercar coverage??
Old 20 Mar 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1256866)   #2
houk
Rookie

houk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I won't be happy if the V8 coverage is shortend for F1. Do
Old 20 Mar 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1257303)   #3
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that you are all jumping the gun we in New Zealand get more race coverage than our friends in Aussie do. The aussies take ad breaks when we don't and also if you take the ads out of a 2 hour race it gets closer to 1 1/2 hours maybe slighty less. Just do it I think the contract says something like you pay us money then do anything you want with the coverage just give us our money.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1257395)   #4
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I'm quite grateful to TVNZ for the coverage we get, and I've emailed them to tell them so. I think others should do the same. The V8 Supercar coverage we get here is pretty good really. I'm pretty sure the Adelaide event is the only one on the calendar which isn't shown live. Even the 6.00pm news gets delayed for Bathurst.

We've got it pretty good here considering the time difference. Personally I'd love for them to run the second Adelaide race at 9.30pm on the Sunday that it happened, rather than a week later. But I'm pretty rapped with what we get. There's not much to complain about. It wasn't too many years ago we got nothing all year except Bathurst. Then we got delayed coverage of the championship. Now we get virtually every race live.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1257459)   #5
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I saw the promo right they're also starting half an hour earlier (2:30) as well.