Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3681414)   #626
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And Kubica missed some races after his Montréal smash - some young German fellow subbed for him, if I recall correctly.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3681421)   #627
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thats right...also what a scary crash that was!!!
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3681424)   #628
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
If Nasr and Ericsson do stay at Sauber, when was the last time the team had an unchanged driver line-up for three seasons in a row?
Mercedes and Force India right now?
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3681426)   #629
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I meant Sauber specifically.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3681427)   #630
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I meant Sauber specifically.
Ah yeah, sorry. I mis-read your post.
In that case, I have no idea
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3681443)   #631
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
According to Wikipedia - what else? - Sauber have never had the same two drivers for three years in a row without some substitution.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3681920)   #632
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, Kvyat stays at Toro Rosso: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...kvyat-for-2017

I confess to being slightly surprised.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3681928)   #633
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh i don't know BSF, i think Kvyat has upped his game since the summer break, on pace with Sainz at the very least. As for Gasly, fair enough, he has won a few races this year but has he really been super convincing, i'm not sure he has, i don't know many people who think he is the next big thing to be honest, i for one certainly don't.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3681933)   #634
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I suppose I'm just conditioned to expect greater ruthlessness from Red Bull. But I think Kvyat shouldn't feel safe for the whole season, even if Gasly hasn't rocked the motorsport world. Next year's Toro Rosso, with a new-spec Renault unit, should be a competitive proposition, so Kvyat has the opportunity to re-prove himself.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3681946)   #635
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Well, Kvyat stays at Toro Rosso: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...kvyat-for-2017

I confess to being slightly surprised.
Me too.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3682084)   #636
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's not usual for Red Bull to give drivers a second chance, so well done them, hopefully with the pressure he can remind us of his talent
Old 23 Oct 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3682196)   #637
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And Bottas now confirmed at Williams, so he's not Enstone-bound.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3682253)   #638
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Enstoners campaigning to keep KMAg.

Will HQ in France agree?

I suspect he's the best option remaining as Ocon probably needs a full year in Manor before a 'promotion'?
Old 23 Oct 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3682265)   #639
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has he really been better than Palmer?
Old 23 Oct 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3682271)   #640
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnussen hasn't exactly shone this year, has he? He's reinforced that he's not a very adaptable driver, and hasn't really been the leader Renault were looking for. That said, next year's regs will suit him much better. I see an option for him at Haas if he doesn't stay at Renault.

I'd still say that Ocon is probably the better bet for next season, even if he hasn't had a great year. I guess it depends on what Mercedes and Renault can agree to about his contract.

The German media are reporting that Nasr to Force India is looking likely.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3682307)   #641
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Have Red Bull done a deal to lend Sainz to Renault? Is that why they've retained Kvyat?? Sainz gets good experience to maybe take to RBR later?
Old 23 Oct 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3682319)   #642
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
IIRC Sainz is confirmed at STR next year?
Old 23 Oct 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3682325)   #643
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Yes but that means little, and they never mentioned him when confirming Kycat
Old 24 Oct 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3682453)   #644
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Sainz has been confirmed at Toro Rosso. I think the chances of him going to Renault are about zero.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3682789)   #645
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not driver related but still very much silly season!

saw this a few days ago....obviously just a third party rumour from the spanish press but a rumour apparently linking Eric Boullier to replace Arrivabene's job.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35060.html

many other sources suggesting that Arrivabene is on his way out but is a new french man what the italian marque needs?

if they can get him though, Boullier certainly has the qualifications.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3682811)   #646
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'd be surprised; but then, I don't quite understand how Boullier and Capito fit together at McLaren.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 01:32 (Ref:3682885)   #647
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd be surprised; but then, I don't quite understand how Boullier and Capito fit together at McLaren.
Is it easier to understand when Mr Dennis isn't in the picture?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Oct 2016, 00:16 (Ref:3683487)   #648
2GRX7
Rookie

United States
W. Orlando
2GRX7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH BOI! Is Guti-hair-up-his-az actually on his way out of HAAS?!!!

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/135856-...-haas-for-2017

Sorry- never really liked this guy! Fast; Yes! Race consistency; NO! Attitude; SUCKS!

With the new cars coming out for 2017, I'd think this would be a great time to place an American from Indycars in his seat. After all, Indy drivers are already experiencing the expected G-forces that the new-for-2017 cars are to generate (Josef Newgarden?).
Old 28 Oct 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3683490)   #649
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
With the new cars coming out for 2017, I'd think this would be a great time to place an American from Indycars in his seat. After all, Indy drivers are already experiencing the expected G-forces that the new-for-2017 cars are to generate (Josef Newgarden?).
We just need to find one that is a LOT better than Andretti or Scott Speed... Or even Bourdais
Old 28 Oct 2016, 06:17 (Ref:3683534)   #650
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
We just need to find one that is a LOT better than Andretti or Scott Speed... Or even Bourdais
It's amazing how people continue to take the wrong line on Andretti and Bourdais. Both were very very good but who's circumstances just didn't work out well. Andretti through some of his own making and Bourdais through a fair bit of unreliability. Plus both were paired with 2 of the best drivers ever.

These drivers you are seeking would need to be absolute aces to be 'a lot' better than them.