Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Apr 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3816184)   #401
Marcopolo
Rookie

Marcopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
All the mud ended up on the tarmac! Cleaned up a bit too quickly on Sunday annoyingly. Nice to have a mixture of days but Saturday was so wet!! 25 euros, 40+ supercars. Can't argue with that!

Some great racing Saturday and lots of mistakes. But was nice to see the cars stretch their legs on Saturday and be able to go a lot harder into corners

I know that straight comparisons don't really work but €25 is only R370, our tickets range from R430 to R750, so you are getting quite a bargain, even though we only get RX and RX2 so not as many cars it's still worth it even at R750

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18 Apr 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3816387)   #402
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magda Andersson joins DA Racing for the remaining four Euro RX rounds: http://www.daracing.fr/images/Actual...5017000000.pdf

Similar program for Cyril Raymond (+World RX in Germany), team unknown: https://www.facebook.com/CyrilRaymondRX/
Old 18 Apr 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3816424)   #403
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about Nitiss, great performance and seems to be back on form after a mediocre year in the Audi.

I agree that the placement of the tire barrier was unfortunate, but it was downright embarrassing to watch Mathias on TV claiming he didn't see anyone on the inside as he turned in. Had he claimed unfortunate race incident he would at least seem like it wasn't deliberate.

With Ekstrøm teamed with Bakkerud, who has tackled Solberg on so many occasions, I wonder if we are not in for a more physical championship this year.

Was it not Solberg and Ekstrøm who championed stricter driver standards last year?
Old 18 Apr 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3816429)   #404
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Was it not Solberg and Ekstrøm who championed stricter driver standards last year?
Kinda funny though, many drivers complain about the standards and are quick to judge others but they have all been dirty in different ways themselves.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3816433)   #405
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Kinda funny though, many drivers complain about the standards and are quick to judge others but they have all been dirty in different ways themselves.
And Solberg is no angel, by any stretch of the imagination.
However, I've said it before, bit Marklund is the worst driver in the entire field in terms of contact. If he doesn't get to the first corner first, he will barge the others out the way.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 05:05 (Ref:3816446)   #406
Marcopolo
Rookie

So it looks like it's official, GRC has folded

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/r...l-unpaid-bills

Old 19 Apr 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3816464)   #407
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Read the last para

"My ticket sales were dismal"

THe GRC's problem all along, remember once they tried to go to NASCAR venues and run on evenings or afternoons there, and that was a disaster. How it lasted this long is staggering really.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3816469)   #408
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
You've taken that quote out of context. It was in response to the facility allowing unticketed spectators to view the racing, therefore losing out on potential sales.

However, on the basis of that article, I'd say Lydden can count themselves lucky. They could have gone to great expense to host the event and then never been paid by GRC. Blessing in disguise really.

Makes me wonder what kind of due diligence Pucher and Pat did on these guys before teaming up. Surely some of this was public knowledge already.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3816498)   #409
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would think they might have paid something already to host the event, perhaps a deposit, but sounds like GRC were a sort of partnership, as a lot of the tracks are now being quoted as being owed money from Dyne and GRC, so they must have been paying aswell. And really the pricing would have turned a lot of people away from the Lydden GRC event, it was the same pricing as WRX on a much colder week with far less drivers. So diehards like you would go regardless, but fair weather fans would not go to an event in the cold with a naff entry.

I would have thought that as with most series the track pays a hosting fee in GRC, and then probably hands over the prime advertising slots to the series organiser. Maybe that was not the case with GRC and they HAD to pay to even try and get dates.

Out of context is rather missing the point, why the hell were freeby people allowed to watch in the first place!! MSurely that is the point.

Not sure
Old 24 Apr 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3817196)   #410
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
What's this about?
Toomas Heikkinen return FIA World RX with MJP Racing (Ford). https://www.moottoriurheilu.tv/toomas-heikkinen-palaa-rallicrossin-mm-sarjaan/
Old 24 Apr 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3817197)   #411
Marcopolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Toomas Heikkinen return FIA World RX with MJP Racing (Ford). https://www.moottoriurheilu.tv/tooma...in-mm-sarjaan/

Now if only I understood finish or swedish or what ever language that article is...

Old 24 Apr 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3817214)   #412
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcopolo View Post
Now if only I understood finish or swedish or what ever language that article is...
Come on... It´s easy to keep Swedish and Finish apart . Two completely different languages.

But back to topic: Topi will take part in the British, French and German World RX round. Teammate Andrew Jordan.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 05:28 (Ref:3817269)   #413
Marcopolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
Come on... It´s easy to keep Swedish and Finish apart . Two completely different languages.

But back to topic: Topi will take part in the British, French and German World RX round. Teammate Andrew Jordan.
Haha yes two completely difference languages... But for a South African I don't know what either of them looks like.

Wasn't MJP racing the people that were supposed to be building the new spec 2019 Platinum series cars for GRC?

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Old 25 Apr 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3817287)   #414
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Haha yes two completely difference languages... But for a South African I don't know what either of them looks like.

Wasn't MJP racing the people that were supposed to be building the new spec 2019 Platinum series cars for GRC?

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Finnish sounds like a bit like Estonian, otherwise nothing. Swedish at least has some resemblance with other languages.

Yes, they are still building the cars anyways and GRC Europe is still happening at least. They were originally planned to do WRX but this popped up and Pucher chose it instead.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 19:41 (Ref:3817401)   #415
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Jordan to join all three events or just Silverstone?
Old 26 Apr 2018, 04:48 (Ref:3817445)   #416
Marcopolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Finnish sounds like a bit like Estonian, otherwise nothing. Swedish at least has some resemblance with other languages.

Yes, they are still building the cars anyways and GRC Europe is still happening at least. They were originally planned to do WRX but this popped up and Pucher chose it instead.

Who is gonna be running GRC Europe? GRC website has been taken down completely, initially it was claimed they wanted to reorganize and return in 2019 but I don't see this happening, too much bad press etc, maybe GRC Europe would be wise to change there name...

Old 26 Apr 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3817471)   #417
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Who is gonna be running GRC Europe? GRC website has been taken down completely, initially it was claimed they wanted to reorganize and return in 2019 but I don't see this happening, too much bad press etc, maybe GRC Europe would be wise to change there name...

Pucher and MJP Racing will be running GRC Europe. Pucher wrote on facebook that the development of the cars were going according to plan and that he had received positive feedback on the plans for this series (probably from people who are critical of IMG perhaps or are looking towards an alternative series).

Changing name isn't a good option though I think. Without Red Bull GRC and Colin Dyne there wouldn't even be a GRC Europe along with these new cars.

Besides, perhaps Pucher would risk being sued by GRC and Dyne if he changed the name.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3818296)   #418
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well quite an eventful end to the racing in Portugal. EKS and Peugeot both looked stronger than PSRXVW in qualifying, but poor strategy from EKS left the door wide open for Kristoffersson in the semi-final. Good recovery from Solberg as well (helped by the Eriksson/Baumanis contact), thought he had thrown his chances away when he stalled on the line.

Has Chichiret got a lot better, or is the Prodrive Megane really, really, quick? I thought Grosset-Janin would be the quickest guy in GCK, but Guerlain seems to be doing well, him knocking Ekstrom out was the biggest surprise of the weekend.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3818333)   #419
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Kevin Hansen's nudge on Ekström in the semi ruined his race. Chicherit did a good job holding on to his position but I doubt he was quicker than Ekström. Nonetheless, he had good pace throughout the weekend.

If they aren't hindered by anything the manufacture cars will be top six. From time to time there will be a non-manufacture making the final, like Chicherit now and Grönholm in Spain where Hansen retired. But overall, there is a clear gap.
Old 4 May 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3819374)   #420
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Higgins confirmed to enter Silverstone World round:

http://emailmarketing.createsend.co....40EF23F30FEDED

Along with the ARX cars that's maybe 25+ Supercars for the British round?

Interesting to see that article mention a new car. I wondered if Albatec were just tweaking the older 208's they had, but it looks like they are still putting new cars together?

EDIT: Just seen the official entry list is up:

World RX - Silverstone Entry List

25 World Supercars

Last edited by tbtstt; 4 May 2018 at 11:30.
Old 4 May 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3819386)   #421
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's not a bad entry all things considered. Supports aren't up to much though I guess? I'll set the tv to record the Silverstone round - even with all the discount codes flying around it's still hugely overpriced to actually attend in person.
Old 4 May 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3819524)   #422
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we call this event 'Silvermachine' please?
https://youtu.be/IfniG-AdSC4
You know, Silverstone Speedmachine...
Old 4 May 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3819536)   #423
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You can call it what you want.

I prefer to just ignore it
Old 5 May 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3819867)   #424
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see they're now pushing this as a "family" event, not sure how that works with the music acts they have. To me that shows the muddled thinking that's gone on since the start.
I guess they have now realized that the "new type" of rallycross fan that IMG keep telling us about doesn't actually exist, not in big numbers anyway.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3820159)   #425
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Also, on social media, lots of offers and deals to try and get people in.

The people running it will have signed a multi year deal probably so will try their hardest to get a crowd in, no matter what, plus they will have paid all these artists to be there, and that costs far more than anything else usually does at a race meeting.

But, targeting an event built on very loyal spectators and fans, and targeting it deliberately away form them, despite that sport being one that could get 25000 people into Brands Hatch and 60000 into French events is dumb, short sighted and utterly idiotic.

I hope it falls flat on its face.