Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1318821)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have checked Jerez '97. Mika was already ahead of DC before both past Villeneuve on the last lap.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1318831)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
Brabham at Monaco .. can't remember the year . i'll look for it
got it .. 1970 .
Brabham went straight on at the final corner, into the straw bales (!), Rindt won.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1318832)   #28
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess we are not allowed to log into forix and have a quick look at the lap charts?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1318837)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I am not near my books it is what I am using to confirm. AFAIK you can't do a search for last lap changes. So you have to know (or suspect) before you can look.

I think we are on 14 now, but we haven't checked them all. I know of two more (same driver), but haven't checked the year yet.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1318882)   #30
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gurney->Clark 1964 Mexico
Baghetti->Gurney 1961 Reims
Stewart->Beltoise 1969 Monza

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1318920)   #31
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is just a guess, but I can't remember the year but didn't Fangio come from a long way back at the Nurburgring to win, an did it go into the last lap?
Was the 1957 race, when Fangio won his last and finest Grand Prix and he won the race in the Ferrari.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1318955)   #32
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
57 he was in a Maserati
A slow mid-race pit stop dropped Fangio behind the two Lancia-Ferraris but he chased back hard, in one of the greatest drives in F1 history, and passed both Collins and Hawthorn on the penultimate lap

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1318961)   #33
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So three out for my four wrong.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1318963)   #34
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
again not the last lap ... come on luke you can do better than that hehe

with the older and much longer track back then I would think there might be a few from that era? Or maybe not... ??

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1318991)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Gurney->Clark 1964 Mexico
That is two that Clark has gained then.

Monza in the '60s is a good one to check. The slipstreamers where leading into parabolica was a bad place to be!

1970 British GP. Brabham (again) loses to Rindt. JB ran out of fuel on the run to the line.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1318995)   #36
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Italian GP 1953 .. Fangio overtook Farina and Ascari
Monza usually provided things like that .. with a lot of slipstreaming happening.

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1318996)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
with the older and much longer track back then I would think there might be a few from that era? Or maybe not... ??
and the perception that all old GP were won on the last GP.

Actually a good point. The last lap at Nurburgring gave more opportunity to overtake or for misfortune to strike. However I remember a few German GP dominations!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1318998)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Italian GP 1953 .. Fangio overtook Farina and Ascari
Monza usually provided things like that .. with a lot of slipstreaming happening.
Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandprix.com
At the last corner Ascari and Farina were side by side. Ascari spun, Farina went on to the grass to avoid his team mate but Ascari was hit by Marimon who had nowhere to go. Fangio dived through the carnage to win the race.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1319000)   #39
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
and the perception that all old GP were won on the last GP.

Actually a good point. The last lap at Nurburgring gave more opportunity to overtake or for misfortune to strike. However I remember a few German GP dominations!
clark, Stewart .. Ickx had one too i think

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1319002)   #40
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Canada 1997 technically counts, because of the pace-car laps, but people forget that DC pitted on the last green-flag lap (as a precaution.....) only to have a clutch failure. How many have we got in total now?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1319003)   #41
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Nice.

it's good to have the site on your computer ..

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1319004)   #42
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have Jerez 1986 when Senna passed Mansell at the finish line with
big lead of 0.014secs.

There's another race when Senna was beaten to the finish line by Prost but
I don't remember the track and the year. I think it was at Kyalami or Donington.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1319005)   #43
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I don't think Canada 1997 technically counts, because of the pace-car laps, but people forget that DC pitted on the last green-flag lap (as a precaution.....) only to have a clutch failure. How many have we got in total now?
actually i dont remember Canada at all . a bit strange ..
not even the winner

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1319007)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElScOrChO
big lead of 0.014secs.
It was Mansell on newer tyres trying to pass Senna on old tyre, but failing by 0.014s. Mansell suggested they should get 7.5pts each

Sorry.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1319008)   #45
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
big lead of 0.014secs.
I don't think Jerez would count as I belive Senna led the last few laps.

Quote:
There's another race when Senna was beaten to the finish line by Prost but I don't remember the track and the year. I think it was at Kyalami or Donington.
Monaco '84?

But Prost had led those last few laps.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1319009)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I agree 1997 Canada doesn't count. The last lap had no changes because it was under yellow. Last green doesn't matter.

How many? These are provisional because there are some I haven't checked them all (I am confident though). Also this assumes I haven't missed any from above.

2005 European GP. Kimi's puncture leads to Alonso's win.
2003 Bazilian GP. Fisi overtakes Kimi on what becomes the last lap.
2001 Spanish GP. Mika's engine blows.
2002 Austrian GP. Michael lets Rubens win.
1997 Hungarian GP. Damon has a mechanical problem. Villeneuve wins.
1997 European GP. Villeneuve lets Mika past.
1991 Canadian GP. Mansell stalls on the last lap waving to the crowd. Piquet wins.
1991 Japanese GP. Senna gives the win to Berger.
1981 Monaco. Villeneuve gains from Jones.
1971 Italian GP. Gethin wins the slipstreamer. #
1970 British GP. Brabham (again) loses to Rindt. JB ran out of fuel on the run to the line.
1970 Monaco. Brabham gives the GP to Rindt after going straight on at the last corner.
1969 Italian. Steward from Beltoise.
1967 Italian GP. Surtees wins after Clark runs out of fuel.
1964 Mexico. Clark.
1964 Belgium GP. Clark wins after Brabham runs out of fuel
1961 French GP. Baghetti->Gurney 1961 Reims

That is 17.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1319010)   #47
ElScOrChO
Racer

Didn't Senna overtook Mansell at the start of the last lap?
Where is that video when I need it!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1319012)   #48
ElScOrChO
Racer

Quote:
Monaco '84?

But Prost had led those last few laps.
Definitely not, I have the images in my head

The last corner is a left hander hairpin and the track was a
bit damp and was drying. I think Prost was in a Williams so
it was in 1993.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1319015)   #49
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Definitely not, I have the images in my head

The last corner is a left hander hairpin and the track was a
bit damp and was drying. I think Prost was in a Williams so
it was in 1993.
The image is right, but I belive Senna lapped all the cars up to third and Prost was third.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1319017)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Didn't Senna overtook Mansell at the start of the last lap?
Where is that video when I need it!
According to forix Senna lead at the line from laps 63-72 (the final lap). He got the lead when Mansell stopped for new tyres. Mansell was so much quicker in the later stages because Senna's tyres were dodgy that I don't think he would have been able to get past Mansell.