Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Closed Thread

Old 6 Mar 2007, 06:06 (Ref:1859525)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantasy Racing Challenge - Intro & Rules

Well, first off I would like to thank Bentley03 and the other Sportscar & GT Racing mods for this vote of confidence. It is my pleasure to facilitate and serve as host for our forum’s fantasy racing challenge. My goals for Season 1 (yes hopefully there will be many more) are to have fun, provide a user friendly format, and to see this thing through to the end. In that vein, the schedule will include 13 rounds with a combination of races from the ALMS, LMS and of course Le Mans.

The Rules:

Prior to each round a separate prediction thread for that race will be posted. This is where you are to place your predictions. Each race thread will outline important times and dates, the most current entry list, other links of importance, and any special rules for that race, if any. Submissions must be made prior to the time deadline given in the prediction thread. Once the deadline passes no more predictions can be made. After the race I will post the results along with an updated points tally.

The competition will be divided into two parts. The first portion will focus on qualifying. The object is simple, guess the pole sitter for each class. The guess must be correct in order to earn points. One point will be awarded for each correct pole sitter guessed. As this championship is based on the ACO four class system, a total of four possible points per round are available in the qualifying portion.

The second portion of the competition will focus on the race. Again, the object is simple, guess each class winner. However, this portion has a twist. You can pick one, two, or three cars per class. If you guess one car only, you can earn four points for the correct guess. If you guess two cars, and one of them wins, you can earn two points. And if you guess three cars, and one of them wins, you can earn one point. If none of your selections win, you get zero points. This is a classic risk vs. reward scenario. I give the following example:

Say for Sebring I select Audi #1 and Audi #2 as my picks to win the P1 class. Since I have chosen two cars, the most points I can earn for a correct guess is two. If either car takes the win I earn two points. If neither car wins, I earn no points. The twist obviously is if you feel confident in your choice and pick only one car, you can earn more points. However, your chances for not scoring any points increases.

Each entry submission will include your guess for the pole sitter in each class along with your guess for each class winner in the race.

The object of the season is to score the most points. Three titles are up for grabs: Qualifying Champion, Race Champion, and Overall Champion.

Last edited by jhansen; 6 Mar 2007 at 06:14.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 06:07 (Ref:1859526)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schedule & Wrap Up

The Schedule:

March 17 - Sebring 12 Hours (double points)
March 31 - St. Petersburg
April 15 - Monza 1000K
May 6 - Valencia 1000K
May 19 - Utah
June 16-17 - Le Mans 24 Hours (triple points)
July 1 - Nurburgring 1000K
July 22 - Mid Ohio
August 19 - Spa 1000K
September 16 - Silverstone 1000K
October 6 - Petit Le Mans
October 20 - Laguna Seca 4 Hours
November 11 - Mil Milhas

I’d like to make some comments regarding the schedule. The reason for excluding portions of the ALMS schedule is two-fold. Firstly, I thought the limited P1 and GT1 fields were counter productive to a competitive championship. Sebring, Petit LeMans, and Laguna Seca have historically had the larger grids in the ALMS. I have since added St. Petersburg, Utah and Mid Ohio in an effort to fill in a few gaps in the original 10 race schedule. And secondly, it is my full intention to see this series through to completion. With that in mind, I didn’t want to over extend myself the first time around. If all goes smoothly (and if I’m invited back) I foresee expanding the championship the next time around. What we have is a nice balance with six ALMS races, six LMS races, and Le Mans.

Wrap Up:

The championship is open to all, so please don’t be shy and join the fun. The more participants we have the more fun it will be. I encourage creative banter, as it only adds to the fun and excitement. If there are any questions or calls for clarification, please post them here. Sebring is just around the corner, so good luck to everyone!

Last edited by jhansen; 6 Mar 2007 at 06:10.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 09:24 (Ref:1859619)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I would like to be the first to thank Jeremy for agreeing to run this years predictions championship. We havent really had a properly run predictions competition in the past but going by what has been said and done we have all the ingridents to make a sucessful fantasy racing leauge.

Old 6 Mar 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1859719)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Thank You, JHansen. That sonds like a good system. But I have one small suggestion: Maybe there should be double points as well for the two 1000Miles events PLM and Mil Milhas Brasileiras? They are almost as long as Sebring and might both have a better grid(= more problematic picking) than that race.

Just my two €-cents.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1859907)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Thanks for the kind words Chris.

Speed-King, thanks for the comments as well. I will give the points allocation for those two races some thought.

The Sebring thread will most likely be posted near the end of the week.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1859976)   #6
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you can me in then lads
Old 7 Mar 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1860376)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im in too !!
Old 7 Mar 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1861011)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im not trying to be funny here or anything but if we are going to have a predictions Championship shoudnt the thread for Sebring be open for entries by now? Normally on the other competitions here at ten-tenths the thread is up for at least a week before the start of the weekend.

As i say im not being funny, its just that the first practise is only just over a day or so away.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 04:57 (Ref:1861155)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
To be honest, I was waiting for a few more comments in this thread, but you're right and the time is near. Sebring prediction thread opened.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1946754)   #10
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can i join as a late starter?
shouldn't taht be in FAQ?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:18 (Ref:1946757)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
We've already had several late starters. So I don't see why not. Join us!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:25 (Ref:1946766)   #12
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely. When does the Nurburgring predicition get underway?
Old 18 Feb 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2132004)   #13
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So will there be an 08 edition?

L.P.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 07:03 (Ref:2132291)   #14
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
So will there be an 08 edition?

L.P.
I hope yes, including some FIA GT events, Spa 24 Hours ?
Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:29 (Ref:2133834)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Yes, we will have an '08 edition.

Will post up soon. Watch this space.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2134532)   #16
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to do this in 08. I accidentally forgot a race in 07 and had to drop out.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 02:26 (Ref:2140555)   #17
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sounds like fun. I'm in.
Closed Thread