Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Apr 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2447788)   #251
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey all new to the forums and big fan of Le Mans series and finally going to me First 24 Hour Le Mans race this year. Just wondering if there has been any more news on Team vitaphones entry?

cheers Adam
Old 23 Apr 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2448003)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know nothing of Vitaphone Adam, but welcome to forum!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2448038)   #253
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I heard that the Vitaphone entry was canned , but nothing to quote from either . Porsche certainly didnt know anything about the entry either .
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2448077)   #254
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I heard that the Vitaphone entry was canned , but nothing to quote from either . Porsche certainly didnt know anything about the entry either .
Autosport magazine, says that Vitaphone are not going to LM.

Tom.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2448142)   #255
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
DSC are reporting , prior to ACO confirmation that the Vitaphone RS Spyder has pulled the plug .

So , 2 997 for IMSA racing .
Old 23 Apr 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2448149)   #256
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Bartels told German press already 10 days ago about the withdrawl.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2448178)   #257
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then why didn't they report it?
Old 24 Apr 2009, 04:57 (Ref:2448330)   #258
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Yeh i find it abit surprising that it hasent been reported yet. Ahh well another GT2 entry we get and its a Porsche . Although it most probably would be better if GT1 had another entry, i find it surprsing that Larbre Competition are far down in the reserve list.

cheers Adam.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2448384)   #259
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ACO is still not showing any change in entry list, so is this withdrawl just a romour or is it confirmed
Old 24 Apr 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2448483)   #260
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The ACO is still not showing any change in entry list, so is this withdrawl just a romour or is it confirmed
It seems certain that Vitaphone have withdrawn. What is not so clear is whether anyone else has withdrawn, either from the list of those already selected, or from the reserve list. I suspect it hasn't been quite as simple for the ACO as Vitaphone out, IMSA in, they would normally have made an announcement by now.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2448505)   #261
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apologies if this has been discussed before but I'm having a hard time finding any info on this - who will drive the 008 Aston Martin?
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2448512)   #262
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed before but I'm having a hard time finding any info on this - who will drive the 008 Aston Martin?
There is no information. It'll be interesting to see if the 008 is still on the entry list when the ACO next updates it. Some say Enge's crash at Paul Ricard put paid to any hope of seeing a third car at Le Mans. Just have to wait and see.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2448516)   #263
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That'll be why I can't find anything then! Finger crossed they get the car rolling again.

This may have been posted already, but Planet Le Mans has a good entry list/spotters guide:

http://www.planetlemans.com/le-mans-...24-entry-list/
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2448517)   #264
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
It seems certain that Vitaphone have withdrawn. What is not so clear is whether anyone else has withdrawn, either from the list of those already selected, or from the reserve list. I suspect it hasn't been quite as simple for the ACO as Vitaphone out, IMSA in, they would normally have made an announcement by now.
Is there any chance of the place being "bought"?
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2448671)   #265
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Can vitaphone say re appply for there postion but as a gt2 entry??
Old 24 Apr 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2448713)   #266
The Badger
Veteran

Nope , entry is now closed ..... the reserves come next if there is any more pull outs .
Old 24 Apr 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2448735)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Entry is now closed eh.......? Clearly no Epsilon Euskadis about this year........
Old 24 Apr 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2448762)   #268
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Entry is now closed eh.......? Clearly no Epsilon Euskadis about this year........

If you are alluding to the late inclusion of the second EE, I think they were on the reserves list anyway, so not actually a late entry!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2448904)   #269
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeh, why did Epsilon pull out? They, like Dome have just suddenly dissapeared...
Old 25 Apr 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2449069)   #270
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Epsilon - Money

On Dome - no factory deal and then got involved in a privateer deal that promised a lot and delivered 11 tenths of b***er all - then too late to make alternative plans
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2449084)   #271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
If you are alluding to the late inclusion of the second EE, I think they were on the reserves list anyway, so not actually a late entry!

Quite true, so the analogy is poor, I except, but their late entry last year appeared (to me) to be contrary to the ACO's own rules, so what I was getting at is that you can't be sure of anything these days....
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2449103)   #272
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quite true, so the analogy is poor, I except, but their late entry last year appeared (to me) to be contrary to the ACO's own rules, so what I was getting at is that you can't be sure of anything these days....
If the ACO likes the look of you you're in - especially if you're French - and who cares about the rules!

At least that's the way it seems
Old 25 Apr 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2449470)   #273
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't the 2nd EE a late inclusiion to keep the numbers at 55, you can't blame the ACO for doing that.

And I don't blame them for chosing their favourites when the entry list is oversubscribed, I'm sure it's something we would all do. We may not agree with their choices sometimes, but I'm sure all of us would make choices that someone else disagreed with!
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2449772)   #274
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not going over it all again Geoff, as I think everyone got pretty fed up with me being pedantic about it last year, but my understanding of the rules was that after a certain date - whatever that was - reserves would not be called upon to replace any entry that was withdrawn. That was the issue I raised last year - the second EE was called to replace the Racing Box thing long after that deadline had been and gone. It wasn't an issue as such, I was as delighted as anyone to see the second EE, but my point was about the ACO breaking it's own rules.....
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2449773)   #275
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, any more news about Vitaphone yet?

Tags
2009 le mans entries