Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Aug 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1987762)   #1
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Next American Prospect in F1

My opinion on the next American Prospect in F1

Marco Andretti -- Waaaaaaay overrated -- No real possiblitly here

Phil Geibler ---- Not even the slightest chance

Graham Rayhal --- Hmmm - perhaps -- really young -- but will he get much quicker in the next few years???

Jonathan Summerton -- YES!!! YES!!! and YES!!! -- Setting track records left and right -- Amazingly quick for the time he's been behind the wheel -- and he's only 4 years old!!!! ---- hehe - Actually he's 19. This is the guy!
Old 13 Aug 2007, 19:18 (Ref:1987803)   #2
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like Summerton is doing quite well. I like to see other Rotax racers doing well. Another I personally know from karting that is doing quite well is Timmy Megenbier. He seems to be holding his own in Skip Barber, and was last years Rotax Grand National champion in the Jr. class only racing a few races in a kart between his Skip Barber and USAC schedule.

I don't think the next American prospect into the higher series will be someone with a "name" per sae. I think we have better drivers than our hot shots in the IRL and Champ car. They are probably still in karts or traveling about, like Summerton.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1987818)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
will he be racing in A1GP this year?
Old 13 Aug 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1987891)   #4
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
will he be racing in A1GP this year?
Chili -- Yes he's had a few races already in A1GP this year - Best results, 2nd at Mexico and 6th at Brands Hatch -- I believe he's looking for a GP2 ride next year.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1987895)   #5
LadySnowcat
Rookie

LadySnowcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has the A1GP season started ...

If so I've missed it....
Old 14 Aug 2007, 00:01 (Ref:1988035)   #6
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySnowcat

If so I've missed it....
The A1GP season has not started yet, the first race is not till the end of September.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 08:39 (Ref:1988134)   #7
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you on Facebook, Jon boy's on there and encourages people to talk to him. Top guy, and I've had the pleasure of getting to know him. Sadly he has no money, which isn't a surprise. But, I've been nagging Alfonso about him, so hopefully if i can twist his arm we can get him into GP2next year...!
Old 14 Aug 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1988135)   #8
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Comon' guys, you didn't mention Danica Panica
Old 14 Aug 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1988505)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are talking about prospects.

It's hard to see where the next American will come from. I happen to believe Rahal and Andretti may have the talent (and Andretti certainly has the marketability) but they are in stagnant series at the moment really and not directly in the shop window.

Summerton looks good too, give the lad a good GP2 ride in a year or two and let's see!
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1988616)   #10
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider
For those of you on Facebook, Jon boy's on there and encourages people to talk to him. Top guy, and I've had the pleasure of getting to know him. Sadly he has no money, which isn't a surprise. But, I've been nagging Alfonso about him, so hopefully if i can twist his arm we can get him into GP2next year...!
Is he the one in the Orlando, FL network?

Thanks
Old 17 Aug 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1990808)   #11
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer41
Is he the one in the Orlando, FL network?

Thanks
Yes
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:33 (Ref:1990885)   #12
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a fan of the sport without national representation, I feel your pain. For what that's worth.

The smart money'd have to be on Marco Andretti all the way, wouldn't it? Simply for the political and financial wherewithal of Dad and Grandpa. My guess is they'll have him in a seat somewhere sooner than later. Whether he succeeds or not is another question.

But, maybe my read of the situation's way off, it's happened before.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1990888)   #13
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

If so I've missed it....
OMG please dont tell me that is who i think it is......

lord help us, we'll be talking about imaginary cake next.....
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1990899)   #14
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk
Yes
The one posing while playing crazy golf!
Old 18 Aug 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1991294)   #15
LadySnowcat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
OMG please dont tell me that is who i think it is......

lord help us, we'll be talking about imaginary cake next.....
And I see you actually moved to Florida from Kansas my friend...

Always preferred real cake personally...

I guess you didn't make the last F1 at Indy then...
Old 18 Aug 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1991569)   #16
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
Quote:
And I see you actually moved to Florida from Kansas my friend...

Always preferred real cake personally...

I guess you didn't make the last F1 at Indy then...
no, i had too much to do.

so what drags you away from the forum of idiots and liars?

If you were a frined you would have said something about the shameful events after the a__hole banned me and then not have lied in the outrageous aftermath. It lost your forum a lot of posters and more respect. The site is really full of idiots, but the place a couple of my old forum pals yeolde and rob hung out at!

Last edited by The Saint; 18 Aug 2007 at 22:10.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 01:23 (Ref:1991643)   #17
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
i was wondering what brought you here....been the queen of the other place n all....and quite the topic bully....so I went over to MSM and noticed all the decent posters are jumping ship.....good for them, YOT was too good a guy to hang around a cancerous place like that.

Anyway.....next American prospect......Marco is a bad, bad oval driver but looks good in the streets, so I think with his name and his street cred, we could see him in a Honda soon....maybe when Kmi gets the boot from Ferrari and Button gets his drive! ;-)
Old 19 Aug 2007, 07:29 (Ref:1991759)   #18
LadySnowcat
Rookie

Oh I like to travel.... virtually as well as literally...

I see you've shortened your monicker... and I guess there won't be anymore digging the car out of snow drifts....

Sorry you were too busy for Indy... but watching all the action I hope... or are you more involved on the Indycar/Champ scene...

Interesting to see how Seabass does n'est pas.... do you think that his success or failure will have an impact on whether Marco joins him...

(And I just knew you wouldn't resist a pop at the Kimster...)

Last edited by LadySnowcat; 19 Aug 2007 at 07:32.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1991816)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Comon' guys, you didn't mention Danica Panica
Oh god no. Hypeamania will never get into Formula 1 I prey as it wouldn't be down to skill which I don't believe is right.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1991955)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah. Heaven forbid a driver getting into F1 not entirely based on skill...
Old 19 Aug 2007, 14:25 (Ref:1992050)   #21
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I think Danica Patrick has as good a chance as anyone mentioned in this thread of making it to F1 within the next two/three years.

In today's marketing-led world of F1 that's struggling to tap into the American market, Danica could be just the ticket. If she could merely keep her head above water, the profit a team could potentially gain from running her through sponsorship and exposure would surely pay dividends. Not only is she a woman (a big deal anywhere), but an attractive, American woman that is probably the most well-known active racing driver in the US right now outside of NASCAR. Oh and she's not that bad a driver either.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1992064)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yeah. Heaven forbid a driver getting into F1 not entirely based on skill...
It has happened before with pay drivers but there are others in AOWR that deserve to be in F1 more than Danicar.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1992309)   #23
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Honestly, I think Danica Patrick has as good a chance as anyone mentioned in this thread of making it to F1 within the next two/three years.

In today's marketing-led world of F1 that's struggling to tap into the American market, Danica could be just the ticket. If she could merely keep her head above water, the profit a team could potentially gain from running her through sponsorship and exposure would surely pay dividends. Not only is she a woman (a big deal anywhere), but an attractive, American woman that is probably the most well-known active racing driver in the US right now outside of NASCAR. Oh and she's not that bad a driver either.
Well, she actually winning any race at all outside of karts would be a step forward. Latest driver in F1 without a single career win was Gaston Mazzacane.

And if you want to tap into the US market, get Dale Jr.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:32 (Ref:1992356)   #24
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
Quote:
That will never happen....as long as I have a hole in my a__e DP will not make it to F1.

She is in IRL as a gimmic, F1 does not need a gimmic like the whiney a_s American prima donna
Old 20 Aug 2007, 00:52 (Ref:1992416)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
That will never happen....as long as I have a hole in my a__e DP will not make it to F1.

She is in IRL as a gimmic, F1 does not need a gimmic like the whiney a_s American prima donna
At this forum we do not care for that kind of talk thank you, I hope you understand

Last edited by JeremySmith; 22 Aug 2007 at 00:41.