Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Which event would you attend at COTA next year?
Unless something happens I am planning to be at WEC next year 1 4.17%
Unless something happens I am planning to be at Pirelli World Challenge next year 1 4.17%
Unless something happens I am planning to be at IMSA next year 4 16.67%
If I had the time/money I would go for WEC, but I likely won't be there 10 41.67%
If I had the time/money I would go for Pirelli World Challenge, but I likely won't be there 2 8.33%
If I had the time/money I would go for IMSA, but I likely won't be there 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Sep 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3676120)   #26
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
They already do allow camping on site, it started this year. It's at the top of the track just outside the esses.
On the outside of the track roughly between turns 10 and 11 (the sharp left hander before the long back straight)? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that piece of real estate is not owned by the track but is private property and the owner allows fans to spectate and even camp up there, I've seen quite a few folks up there, one or two with RV's.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3676142)   #27
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
On the outside of the track roughly between turns 10 and 11 (the sharp left hander before the long back straight)? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that piece of real estate is not owned by the track but is private property and the owner allows fans to spectate and even camp up there, I've seen quite a few folks up there, one or two with RV's.
No, this is outside of turn 4 and is owned and now promoted as camping by the circuit. I know that there was a privately owned area, this is different. Check COTA track map for Lone Star Le Mans, you will see it.
Old 1 Oct 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3676260)   #28
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
At least CoTA is not as bad as Miller. Thank goodness IMSA/GA stopped going there. Why PWC does, must because the track rental is cheap.
The track pays the series.....
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Oct 2016, 03:31 (Ref:3676912)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
India had the odd wee high speed chicane, with kerbs that meant you had to thread a needle through them right? That bit was fun.
Yeah, Sector 2 or whatever was awesome.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3677198)   #30
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Formula V8 3.5 will support WEC @ CotA (instead of Fuji) 2017
Old 4 Oct 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3677251)   #31
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula V8 3.5 is just like F1 and for you to see it, the ticket prices will be 10% of the F1 race.
--Some marketing guy at CoTA
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3677255)   #32
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I voted for the IMSA event but I really have no interest in going back to COTA. Austin is great and the track itself is pretty cool but the expenses surrounding a trip there just aren't worth it to me.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3677268)   #33
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I voted for the IMSA event but I really have no interest in going back to COTA. Austin is great and the track itself is pretty cool but the expenses surrounding a trip there just aren't worth it to me.
This is a complaint I've heard from MANY people...one of the bigger reasons my interests aren't very high.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 5 Oct 2016, 03:58 (Ref:3677395)   #34
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
To be fair, that same expense would exist to visit most tracks that aren't your home race. I'd love to go to Laguna, road America etc. The second plane tickets are bought it might as well turn into some kind of vacation.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3677582)   #35
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
To be fair, that same expense would exist to visit most tracks that aren't your home race. I'd love to go to Laguna, road America etc. The second plane tickets are bought it might as well turn into some kind of vacation.
Totally. But, There is probably something else I'd like to do around there. COTA? I mean... I have friends there. Austin is neat... I just have no desire to go to the track.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3677593)   #36
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to places like VIR, Sebring, Lime Rock, WG, Road America are pretty much not really close to the airport and a massive entertainment area.

At least from where I'm at, the only races that are cheap for me to go to are WG, LR and NJMP. That's because they are all 3 hours from me. Other than that, the rest are an airline flight and rental car difference. Places like Austin (which you can see the airport from), Daytona (you can walk from the airport to the track) and Barber (it's 20 minutes to the airport) ranks right up there for the cheaper places to go just because the race is not big enough due to the metro area for them to rip you off on motel rooms.

Road Atlanta is not bad as long as you can find someone to pick you up at the Chamblee Marta Station. It's much faster to get to the track just going from the airport to that station and skip all of the traffic in downtown Atlanta. Plus it's only like $3. If you have to wait, there's a really good Mexican Restaurant (Monterrey Mexican Restaurant) just down the street from the station. With the name it just gives you memories of Laguna.

Laguna is not bad either as long as you fly into Monterrey. Other than that, you are in for a long trip.

In reality, CoTA is not too expensive as compared to most other tracks. Good thing about Austin is the free entertainment and much better food than most other areas.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3677594)   #37
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will continue with the 4 NAEC events plus Mid Ohio . I have been to Road America but not for a sportscar race YET !!
Old 5 Oct 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3677595)   #38
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA weekend. WEC is bad, and PWC is like watching paint dry.

At least IMSA has a decent amount of support series to bring with that aren't TCB.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 22:21 (Ref:3677962)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Formula V8 3.5 is just like F1 and for you to see it, the ticket prices will be 10% of the F1 race.
--Some marketing guy at CoTA
Actually, those V8 sound like proper formula cars.