Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Jul 2001, 15:50 (Ref:114850)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
f3000 race at silverstone - any tips?

i've been a very good girl recently, and i'm going to the british gp all weekend. hurrah, yippee, can't wait

anyway, my point, apart from rubbing it in a bit, is to ask whether there's anyone really spectacular to watch out for in f3000? let's face it, silverstone isn't exactly great for overtaking, but does any particular driver have a talent for getting it sideways?
Old 9 Jul 2001, 16:01 (Ref:114853)   #2
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Top three spot from last year, so you might want to pay attention to them!

1 M Webber (AUS) European Arrows 1.22:24.239 40 1:55.495 39
2 D Manning (GB) Arden Team Russia 1.22:25.187 40 0.948 1:55.001 40
3 J Wilson (GB) Nordic Racing 1.22:29.218 40 4.980 1:55.116 40
Old 9 Jul 2001, 23:25 (Ref:115017)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well...

In 1999 Silverstone was a boooring race. The polesitter, leader and winner was Nicolas Minassian, and it was the solely victory for Kid Jensen Racing. Bruno Junqueira and Nick Heidfeld joined him on the podium, and Soheil Ayari, Norberto Fontana and Franck Montagny complete the positions with points.
But during 2000 it was a heavy-rain race, very interesting, when Darren Manning had a fight for the lead with Mark Webber, what finished by an overtake (near a collision) of the Australian over the British. After these two Justin Wilson joined them in the podium, and Enrique Bernoldi, Bruno Junqueira who made a interesting race (also made some overtakes) and Soheil Ayari finished on points.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 23:27 (Ref:115019)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall of course be cheering on our Dazza - Bella have you got an English/British flag to hand??? And of course the MINARDI banner will be put to excellent use!!! GO DAVID AND ANDREA!!!

Old 10 Jul 2001, 02:32 (Ref:115088)   #5
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The top three in the championship are the guys to watch. Justin Wilson, Tomas Enge and my man Webber. If it rains, watch out for Mark. There are always a few good battles through the field. Whether there's any actual passing is another thing.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 08:14 (Ref:115139)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia

Watch Pizzonia. He was Britisch F3 champion last year, so he knows the circuit. I think he will get on the podium saturday.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 09:08 (Ref:115148)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bear in mind it's going to piddle it down all weekend (ok, the weather forecast only goes to saturday on the bbc..), so it's going to be very likely a wet race.
wich means anything could happen in the next half hour..

oi! minardi fan! i am not cheering for a bunch of brits! there will be plenty of union jacks there to offer support.

of course, daisy's right about pizzonia, especially cause it'll rain, and he's absolutely mind numbingly stunning in the rain.

i will be supporting the boy ricardo sperafico, and rodrigo too, so if one of them does well, and there's someone jumping up and down, and a distinctly soggy looking sidekick sulking, that'll be me and minardi fan

now, mr manning always manages to pull an extra 3 seconds a lap out of the bag for silverstone, so he might be up for another win.

and as for the minardi junior lads, david saelens is dishy so he gets my vote

Last edited by bella; 10 Jul 2001 at 09:09.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 14:25 (Ref:115262)   #8
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just remembered, 4 months ago there where Official FIA F3000 test in Silverstone.

Anyway, top three for day 1:
1.Mark Webber, Super Nova 1.36.811
2.Justin Wilson, Coca Cola Nordic Racing 1.37.215
3.David Saelens, European Minardi 1.37.332

Anyway, top three for day 2:
1 S. Bourdais DAMS
2 M. Webber Super Nova Racing
3 M. Haberfeld Super Nova Racing

More complete results from these two day can be found here:
http://www.f3000.com/results/2001/te...2001_03_12.htm

This might help you focus on possible leaders in Silverstone this week-end Bella!
Old 10 Jul 2001, 14:32 (Ref:115263)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
cool it's always nice to have an idea of the form book.
so it can get thrown away for when it p*sses it down with rain all weekend...