Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Apr 2004, 01:00 (Ref:955285)   #1
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 Heures du Circuit Mont-Tremblant

Event Homepage

Circuit Mont-Tremblant

Rolex entry list

Interesting to see Jan Lammers in the Citgo Crawford...
Old 29 Apr 2004, 16:57 (Ref:955896)   #2
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be nice to see them race at a non-roval course. Heh, after Phoenix it'll nearly seem like a point-to-point race.

With all the talk about how Phoenix was tailored to the SunTrust car's torquey engine it'll be interesting to see how it fairs at Mont-Tremblant where the Lexus can stretch its legs (as the Lexus teams have been advertising). However, Angelelli did run the fastest laps at Daytona.

Sigh, maybe the #54 Kodak car can make it out of the first lap without being spun this time, the #58 will not suffer a disaster, and we'll see fewer full-course cautions.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 17:23 (Ref:955909)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where are the Multimatics?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Apr 2004, 18:58 (Ref:955991)   #4
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Essex #5 Multimatic is on the list, not sure what Speedsource is up to tho. With 5 RX8's in the ST class maybe they decided the DP's where to much... I hope thats not the case.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 19:30 (Ref:956025)   #5
Danske
Veteran

IIRC, both the Speedsource Multimatics were banged up pretty badly at Phoenix, but I don't know that's the reason they're not on the list. It is only the preliminary pre-entry list, though. The race isn't until May 23rd and the pre-entry deadline isn't until May 7th.
Old 2 May 2004, 05:07 (Ref:958360)   #6
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Danske
Sigh, maybe the #54 Kodak car can make it out of the first lap without being spun this time, the #58 will not suffer a disaster, and we'll see fewer full-course cautions.
Maybe Terry B will be the driver taking it out of the shoot his time!!

Last edited by Mags; 2 May 2004 at 05:08.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 May 2004, 17:51 (Ref:958743)   #7
Danske
Veteran

Well, if you had Barber, Borcheller and Pilgrim driving for you, in what order would you want to put them for the race? (Makes me think of baseball lineups and pitching changes.) Which is the best part of the race to be the slowest? Putting the slowest driver first gives you the best chance of taking advantage of a full-course caution, should one occur, no?

Anyway, since Forest is qualifying the car to get more track time, as I understand it, and the driver that qualifies the car must start, I don't imagine anyone else will start.

But feel free to argue a case for a different lineup.
Old 2 May 2004, 19:50 (Ref:958782)   #8
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Well, if you had Barber, Borcheller and Pilgrim driving for you, in what order would you want to put them for the race? (Makes me think of baseball lineups and pitching changes.) Which is the best part of the race to be the slowest? Putting the slowest driver first gives you the best chance of taking advantage of a full-course caution, should one occur, no?

Anyway, since Forest is qualifying the car to get more track time, as I understand it, and the driver that qualifies the car must start, I don't imagine anyone else will start.

But feel free to argue a case for a different lineup.
You are 1000% correct, I believe. My very first live race was Phoenix - so you could tell me just about anything and I'd believe you!
If it was up to ME, I'd have Terry in the whole race.

Last edited by Mags; 2 May 2004 at 19:50.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 3 May 2004, 01:03 (Ref:958962)   #9
Danske
Veteran

Hey, I like having driver changes even in the shorter races because of the element of teamwork in compromising the setup of the car to suit multiple drivers or in matching drivers with similar preferences. Besides, ask Terry what he thinks about long stints after the driver-cooling system failed in Phoenix.

Well, since it sounds like you'd like Borcheller to take the checkered, we'll see if he's last in the order or not. Is he faster or slower than Pilgrim in the Bell Doran? I'd guess by extension of the previous rule you'd want to put the faster driver last.

Oh, one consequence of qualifying the slowest driver is obviously a worse starting position, but that may be better than having the slower driver lose a lead from a later yellow. Eh, I'm just hypothesizing.
Old 3 May 2004, 17:45 (Ref:959556)   #10
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mt Tremblant outta be a good one, it was a great race last year with a really small grid. as for who will win...Brumos did it last year...the track is a momentum track, if you get slowed anywhere youre gonna get passed. There arent really a whole lot of straights either so the low end grunt might get you there, but the top end power will keep you rolling!!

It could be anyones game...and a LONG (eventful) six hours!!
Old 4 May 2004, 21:44 (Ref:960920)   #11
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy
Mt Tremblant outta be a good one, it was a great race last year with a really small grid. as for who will win...Brumos did it last year...the track is a momentum track, if you get slowed anywhere youre gonna get passed. There arent really a whole lot of straights either so the low end grunt might get you there, but the top end power will keep you rolling!!

It could be anyones game...and a LONG (eventful) six hours!!
Which Brumos? Who was driving?
Old 4 May 2004, 22:33 (Ref:960964)   #12
Danske
Veteran

The #58 Brumos car with David Donohue, Mike Borkowski, and Sascha Maassen won last year.
http://www.grandamerican.com/race_re..._final103.html
Old 4 May 2004, 22:47 (Ref:960978)   #13
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
thanks, everyone else pretty much had a lot of problems, Id say the fastest car there was the 48 Mustang with Joao behind the wheel and the fastest DP was the 27 Toyota Doran
Old 4 May 2004, 22:49 (Ref:960980)   #14
Mags
Veteran

Cool. I'm doing that car this year.
Old 5 May 2004, 01:00 (Ref:961041)   #15
Danske
Veteran

Doing?
Old 5 May 2004, 01:31 (Ref:961054)   #16
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Doing?
interviwing!!

.- p-c

Last edited by paul-collins; 6 May 2004 at 17:54.
Old 5 May 2004, 02:35 (Ref:961077)   #17
Danske
Veteran

Okay, I thought it was some press-related function but wasn't sure of the breadth or depth of it. Uh, since several cars have now been mentioned, the one in question for the interview is the #58, yes? If so, do let them know that some fans are aware of their tough luck so far and that their results have not been indicative of their speed. Any idea who their third driver will be this year?
Old 5 May 2004, 02:49 (Ref:961081)   #18
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I thought it was some press-related function but wasn't sure of the breadth or depth of it. Uh, since several cars have now been mentioned, the one in question for the interview is the #58, yes? If so, do let them know that some fans are aware of their tough luck so far and that their results have not been indicative of their speed. Any idea who their third driver will be this year?
Indeed! . - p-c

Sascha Maassen will be the 3rd driver at MT

Last edited by paul-collins; 6 May 2004 at 17:55.
Old 5 May 2004, 04:09 (Ref:961111)   #19
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
again? Cool, those brumos guys know how to line em up...i got his autograph last year at the event...all I really remember is Guy Cosmo though...he is a cool character...if you meet him talk to him, quite a real person!!
Old 5 May 2004, 04:30 (Ref:961117)   #20
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy
again? Cool, those brumos guys know how to line em up...i got his autograph last year at the event...all I really remember is Guy Cosmo though...he is a cool character...if you meet him talk to him, quite a real person!!
LOVE Mr. Cosmo!!

Mr. Sascha is a pussycat... he was probably thrilled you knew who he WAS!!
Attached Images

Old 5 May 2004, 16:40 (Ref:961665)   #21
Danske
Veteran

Ah, have you heard if Guy Cosmo has been successful in finding a Rolex ride yet? There's still a lot of open seats in the online entry list.
Old 5 May 2004, 16:48 (Ref:961671)   #22
Mags
Veteran

Nope. And he ISN'T answering his e mails, the bum! I don't even know if he's looking for one... you know he's driving a Cup Car, right?
Old 5 May 2004, 17:51 (Ref:961733)   #23
Danske
Veteran

Cosmo's got a post up on TheRaceForum.com looking for rides in the Rolex series for both Tremblant and Watkins Glen.
Old 5 May 2004, 18:02 (Ref:961749)   #24
Mags
Veteran

Good for him!