Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Oct 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2774909)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP, Round 16 - Phillip Island

The fly away tour finishes up at Phillip Island, which is one of my favorite races of the year. This track just looks epic. Yes, one day I will ride it!

Well, the title is done and dusted. So I wonder if Lorenzo and Rossi will take the gloves off? Yes please! Stoner always goes well here and should be a factor. Pedrosa is going to be back in attendence, but I'm not so sure how fit he'll be. Dovisioso should go well, but he's running out of races to get a victory this season. But he has been on form.

Seeing as it's getting near to the end of the season, I'm sure we'll get a few more hints as to what's happening next year.

125's have the only title race still going. Of course, it's three Spaniards on top with Marquez, Terol and Espargaro separated by 12 points with three races remaining. But surly Marquez is the form man.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2775241)   #2
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could see Rossi really pushing and taking 2nd in the championship. Pedrosa is hurt and unmotivated; while I see Rossi as angry and really wanting to show to Lorenzo who is the best.

However, that Honda was looking mighty fast in the hands of Dovi, so what can Dani do with that bike?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2775272)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very wet weekend expected here - truckloads of rain today (friday), more of the same saturday - fingers crossed for sunday!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2775432)   #4
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Very wet weekend expected here - truckloads of rain today (friday), more of the same saturday - fingers crossed for sunday!
Yeah when I woke up this morning to watch practice I was thinking "not again!" after the F1 qualifying last weekend. Hopefully we can have on time running for the rest of the weekend
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2775438)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cant believe Pedrosa is out there.....Ive never broken my collar bone but I think he is bonkers getting on a bike so soon, using his upper body to move a bike around.

just aint worth the risk, and frankly the pain he must be having and restrictive movement could cause an off...and wango! more long term collar bone stuff with the plate and all...(I unfortunately always think of the Champcar driver Greg Moore when thinking of racers with "perhaps" restrictive injuries)

but hey, hes a big boy (sic!) and its his decision.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2775473)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently though according to someone here, Pedrosa is unmotivated!! Lol

I think he is perhaps the most improved rider this yera alongside de Puniet who was going well before his injury and has now started crashing and running on again!

I wasnt including newcomers for whom I feel Bautista has been superb, as has Espagaro!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2775492)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was that someone me? Sounds like something I'd say. Actually, I think he's always been quite motivated, he's just lacked that extra something that riders like Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo have. The intangible qualities that give those riders an extra edge over a guy like Pedrosa. He's finally won a few more races and has even shown he can duke it out a bit. Although, I still feel like he can only win a title if he has a machine advantage. I may end up being wrong, but I think Stoner will own him on the Honda. Also, 2011 might be Pedrosa's last, best shot at a title. The liter bikes wont suit him as well.

Last edited by jhansen; 15 Oct 2010 at 18:01.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2775655)   #8
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Apparently though according to someone here, Pedrosa is unmotivated!! Lol
Shows what I know. Maybe he's just stupid then.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2775664)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dani Pedrosa will not race tomorrow. Apparently he is in severe pain after qualifying. A gutsy effort none the less.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2775693)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pedrosa should never have riden - they should've wildcarded someone like Josh Brookes or Johnny Rea...
Old 16 Oct 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2775696)   #11
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loris Capirossi is also out of the race. He has a torn muscle from his fall.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2775751)   #12
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Pedrosa should never have riden - they should've wildcarded someone like Josh Brookes or Johnny Rea...
I think they will do that for de last 2 european rounds. Johnny Rea might be the wildcard.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2775758)   #13
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
down to 15 then before the lights go out.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2775786)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Dreadfull year in terms of injury stunted grids.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2775787)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
I think they will do that for de last 2 european rounds. Johnny Rea might be the wildcard.
Should be Elias. A nice reward for winning the title.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2775802)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Been awful for many years, All Dorna's fault for chaging the engine rules, forcing many teams to build and then develop completely different bikes, these 800's are basically big Supersport machines that use corner speed, and massive amounts of electronics

I heard a rumour recently that reckoned HRC have built over 20 different frames for the Honda! Theya re that desperate to win in the category they came up with!! lol
Old 16 Oct 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2775875)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Theya re that desperate to win in the category they came up with!! lol
That's the best part really!
Old 17 Oct 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2776209)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex De Angelis, Scott Redding on the slow down lap, both pointing at the sky - pure class.
Why is VERY Moto2 race so damn good?
Old 17 Oct 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2776220)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It's OK but I wouldnt say it is amazing! When you have a bike (Iannone's) that has outrageous speed and a rider (Redding) who is totally handicapped by his weight, things need to be sorted!

Elias rememebr is about as tiny as Pedrosa, reasons to be cheerful?
Old 17 Oct 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2776245)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the outrageous speed of Iannone's bike?
http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_32b08ee7
http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_03664a7c

the bike is rather good but far from be it just the bike that delivered the results this year
and Scott is 3cm taller and has 2kg more in weight according to motogp.com

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Oct 2010, 05:13 (Ref:2776437)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Wish 500's where around still - even 250's...
Old 18 Oct 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2776707)   #22
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you old stick in the mud

and tks Dani for the specs on top speed, shows Ion isnt all that at the top is he?
Old 18 Oct 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2776719)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there were some races he was at the top but then these are from Mugello
http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_62c98180

a race which he won

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Oct 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2776769)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I would give mt wrm for a 500 race right now!

Watching Casey, Rossi et al powering through Lukey or out of the last turn!

The modern bikes with all the electronics are just plain dull I'm afraid, just like every top race series now.

the spectacle has been lost in my eyes, in all series, apart from perhaps Superstock, but notw the Germans have ruined that aswell! Thanks guys
Old 18 Oct 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2776882)   #25
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i've posted this before ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQqu...eature=related

Ciao Marco