Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3041364)   #1
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Future Grands Prix?

I see Argentina is planning on joining the list of GP's for 2013

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98025

I cannot see how they will get a circuit built from scratch in time unless they are planning on a street circuit.
If Argentina joins who goes?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3041370)   #2
OuterHeaven
Rookie

Wales
United Kingdom
OuterHeaven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it could replace Bahrain until the political situation there calms down?

I for one would like to see a GP in Argentina again.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to update the Buenos Aires circuit (assuming it's still there?) instead of constructing a new circuit?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3041392)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I believe Buenos Aires is still there. I'd love to see them use the outer part of the track to bolster up the laptimes a little. Add a mile of run-off to the long right hander at the back! One can dream

Selby
--
Here's a proposal I come up with long ago. Using the outter loop, slowing it down slightly, and doing the track in anti-clockwise. Could almost be a modern-day Hockenheim. It works out about 3.8 miles in length:

Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3041527)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How about adding no run off.

I hate seeing classic tracks ruined just so F1 can go there for a few races then get bored and go elsewhere.

Case in point : Mt Fuji
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3041531)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Diniz in the Oven! That's one of the overriding memories I have of that track. The other one was of Jos Verstappen retiring his Simtek from 5th place! There was something else that happened to Coulthard, too?

It would be a great track to go back to, but it would seem that something in a new location is already underway.

"Ground was broken on the Velociudad Speedcity site, situated 80 kilometers from Buenos Aires, on Friday (article dated December 19th 2011)."

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/19/sp...ina/index.html
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3041576)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

I hate seeing classic tracks ruined just so F1 can go there for a few races then get bored and go elsewhere.

I agree mate, i'm just talking in real terms, here.

Selby
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3041693)   #7
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner announcement yesterday at Government House the possibility of the retourn the F1 to Argentina in 2013, 2014 y 2015. The circuit will be a street circuit in Mar del Plata.
Mar del Plata is the most important tourism and seaside city in Argentine.
It is the same city that the last january ago the Rally Dakar Started. Excuse me for my bad english
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3041712)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Our President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner announcement yesterday at Government House the possibility of the retourn the F1 to Argentina in 2013, 2014 y 2015. The circuit will be a street circuit in Mar del Plata.
It is the same city that the last january ago the Rally Dakar Started. Excuse me for my bad english
Your English is fine.

No doubt the race will be scheduled for either just before or just after the Brazilian GP. Argentina has a good history of motor racing and has had some excellent drivers. Fingers crossed that all goes to plan.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3041719)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I believe Buenos Aires is still there.
Yes Buenos Aires is still there by the La Plata River, thank GOD !
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3041721)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The circuit will be a street circuit in Mar del Plata.
Mar del Plata is just great !
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3041735)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Mar del Plata hosted the Grand Prix back in the late 1940s.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3041738)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Yes Buenos Aires is still there by the La Plata River, thank GOD !
I think that if it had been 'Nuked' we would have heard about it.

Hopefully these people have got it together in a better way than the people in Texas have so far managed to put things together.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3041762)   #13
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 2008 or 2009 Hermann Tilke Visited Mar del Plata and observed the city.
This is some photos of Mar del Plata http://www.google.com.ar/search?tbm=isch&hl=es&source=hp&biw=1140&bih=544&q=mar+del+plata&gbv=2&oq=mar+del+plata&aq=f&aqi=&aq l=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=0l0l0l2568l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&gs_l=img.12...0l0l0l2569l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0..
Old 15 Mar 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3041773)   #14
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

I'd like to stick up for F1 in this case, Mount Fuji was ruined many years before F1 went back.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3041841)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
In 2008 or 2009 Hermann Tilke Visited Mar del Plata and observed the city.
Oh no, that's no good !!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3041886)   #16
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
This is the Mar del Plata street circuit
http://autoblog.com.ar/2012/03/asi-s...-la-formula-1/
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3041897)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

So many straights...
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3041907)   #18
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking on Google Earth, there are a number of things that would appear to be unpractical, not least that roundabout loop
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3041909)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It's a better stab at Monaco than Valencia have managed. Looks good. Another circuit by the sea.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3041918)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Are there deck chairs for hire?
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3041919)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Are there deck chairs for hire?
No. The Germans have already fully booked them.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3041922)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Damm it ! Those bloody sausage eating....
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3041948)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Wow, Bernie's really pushing the envelope.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 04:02 (Ref:3041991)   #24
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
This is the photo to the circuit in HD http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-M3ofZf6IsW...1%2BMARDEL.jpg
The circuit will have 18 corners with 5000 meters to extension. In the simulators the average lap is 1m33s with 193 Km/h of average.
In the end of the principal straight, located on the North Breakwater and in the course to de sea, the cars will break 321 Km/h.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3042155)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Where will be the pit lane entrance/exit anyway ?