Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:45 (Ref:3572997)   #1076
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember reading some where recently that the Turkish GP circuit is now used for storing cars prior to delivery to dealers!
Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3572999)   #1077
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I remember reading some where recently that the Turkish GP circuit is now used for storing cars prior to delivery to dealers!
Google Earth imagery seems to back that up, with 2 of the inner car parks with rows of cars in them.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3573239)   #1078
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Disgracefull waste of money ..
I think ethically BE should have asked "are you sure you want to host a race "
I know that sounds like a bit of a joke, but come on Bernie get real ..
Old 11 Sep 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3573241)   #1079
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Disgracefull waste of money ..
I think ethically BE should have asked "are you sure you want to host a race "
I know that sounds like a bit of a joke, but come on Bernie get real ..
Ethics and Bernie, would not have thought they could be found in the same sentence.
Old 12 Sep 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3573333)   #1080
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
I see where Monza seems to be getting more and more support but will Bernie cut a deal that will allow both sides to win? Monisha Kaltenborn is among those saying that there are more important things than just money for the sport.

http://uk.motorsport.com/f1/news/mon...ond-pure-money

Almost all of the current GP's need outside financial support to allow them to survive this is not sustainable long term and could lead to a financial crash in F1 allong with the fact that there are a lot of cars out there with acres of vacant space on their bodywork. I just can't see how the current setup in F1 can last long term.
Old 12 Sep 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3573344)   #1081
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will last long enough for Bernie to eventually keel over and leave the problems with someone else
Old 12 Sep 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3573419)   #1082
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Melbourne has announced that it has extended its contract for the GP to at least 2023.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120783

That seems a bit premature considering that the current agreement went to 2020. Bernie must have got a good deal for the extension as it seems that local politics is behind the move.

http://uk.motorsport.com/f1/news/mel...-gp-until-2023
Old 13 Sep 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3573479)   #1083
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Melbourne has announced that it has extended its contract for the GP to at least 2023.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120783

That seems a bit premature considering that the current agreement went to 2020. Bernie must have got a good deal for the extension as it seems that local politics is behind the move.

http://uk.motorsport.com/f1/news/mel...-gp-until-2023
BCE playing Sydney off against Melbourne doubtless.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 03:12 (Ref:3573496)   #1084
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm from Sydney and really glad that Victoria has got the race until 2023.Albert Park is much better than any possible Sydney alternative.
Will be at every event although I doubt Daniel will come good on his offer to buy my ticket for me.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3574416)   #1085
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bernie is proposing a triple header for 2016, with Singapore, Japan and Malaysia running back-to-back races.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120848
Old 17 Sep 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3574423)   #1086
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
when is monsoon season and will weather be a problem for Malaysia if it moves to the end of the year?

im not sure what i think the larger challenge will be for me in terms of my ability to watch, the overall number of races or the increase in back to backs. risk of over saturation imo?
Old 17 Sep 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3574499)   #1087
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another logical double up would be Sochi and Baku, 500 miles apart with everything in "fly away boxes" should be easy... hell Melbourne to Shanghai is 5,000 miles.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3589243)   #1088
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
There are discussions going on in Holland about the revival of the Dutch GP. Zandvoort was the traditional venue but I doubt it can be brought up to modern requirements but I like the idea. Max Verstappen no doubt would be worth a god few thousand spectators alone.
Could it happen?

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...ch-grand-prix/
Old 9 Nov 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3589249)   #1089
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
why do you think it'd struggle to fit modern standards? it's got plenty of space for monster gravel traps, though i can imagine the local noise brigade would soil themselves
Old 9 Nov 2015, 16:34 (Ref:3589278)   #1090
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No thanks, it would involve ruining the circuit.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3589284)   #1091
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
No thanks, it would involve ruining the circuit.
Zandvoort's already been drastically altered since its days as an F1 GP venue.

The current track's in black.

Old 9 Nov 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3589293)   #1092
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Zandvoort's already been drastically altered since its days as an F1 GP venue.

The current track's in black.

Yup, I know

However what we have now I think is worth preserving.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 22:09 (Ref:3589339)   #1093
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I wouldn't have thought that the paddock at Zandvort would accommodate a full on GP weekend support package together with the Hospitality etc.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3589499)   #1094
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Limiting motorhomes would do the trick
Old 10 Nov 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3589542)   #1095
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure I read many years back - when Zandvoort was previously mentioned for an F1 return - that any modifications to enlarge the paddock would involve the Hugenholtzbocht being built over and by-passed.

The headline was "Zandvoort to return - but with its 'bocht cut off"
Old 16 Dec 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3598122)   #1096
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I agree with Jenson Button, the F1 calendar has reached maximum capacity and I think it reached maximum capacity some time a go. 21 races is overkill and having so many races I believe doesn't enhance F1 but detracts from the sport. I always thought 18 races was just about right.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122250
Old 16 Dec 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3598125)   #1097
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At last a driver who cares about the mechanics and their lives
Old 19 Dec 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3598787)   #1098
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
It looks like Monza's future is secure. I'd hate to that race replaced by some Tilkedrome in Who Knows Where.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122292
Old 11 Jan 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3603746)   #1099
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I noticed that the organisers of the Baku European GP have been sponsoring Autosport's website for a few days recently, which really makes me apprehensive about the appropriateness of holding the race there.

Baku, or maybe it's the whole country, has only 9,500 hotel rooms and around a third of those are already allocated to the teams, the rest of the F1 circus plus all the "celebs" that I am sure will be bribed to attend. That leaves only around 6-7,000 rooms to fill, yet less than 6 months to the off, they are having to push ticket sales. Conversly, Silverstone has already started selling out some of it's grandstands.

Mind you, Baku won't be re-couping a huge amount from ticket sales. Unlike Silverstone which will have a capacity of between 105,000 and 110,000 spectators, Baku will have only 20,000 grandstand seats plus another 8,000 general entrance tickets. If Silverstone can't make it pay, how much is the Azerbaijan government prepared to write off to hold yet another vanity project?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3603768)   #1100
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If Silverstone can't make it pay, how much is the Azerbaijan government prepared to write off to hold yet another vanity project?
It's Azerbaijan. Plenty of money seems to be heading towards improving it's global image and reputation, without improving the country. There are plenty of superficial schemes going on without any real thought or long term viability. To me this GP won't be one that sticks around...