Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2020, 21:57 (Ref:3951998)   #2226
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep checking the progress at Zandvoort. It's going to be an amazing track, with those banked corners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYtL...Ts&app=desktop
Old 16 Jan 2020, 22:39 (Ref:3952016)   #2227
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch chap View Post
Keep checking the progress at Zandvoort. It's going to be an amazing track, with those banked corners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYtL...Ts&app=desktop
Circuit is looking really promising, one of the most interesting on the calendar, really love the height changes during the course of the lap!
And the banking!

I am still really interested to know how the F1s and more particularly the Pirelli tyres are going to handle those 19 degree banked corners, given Indy has 9.5 degree banking, and we all know what happened there with the Michelin tyres. The oil systems in the engines may get "interesting" too.

Last edited by wnut; 16 Jan 2020 at 22:53.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3952120)   #2228
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
putting political/cultural issues aside, i am curious to see what they would build for it!
quoting myself lol

this picture makes me want to go there.

this one reminds me why i shouldn't.

15 century meets the 22nd...actually should use this second picture for a caption contest. what could those two travelers out of time be saying to one another?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...on-hi-46832552
Old 17 Jan 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3952121)   #2229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
quoting myself lol

this one reminds me why i shouldn't.

15 century meets the 22nd...actually should use this second picture for a caption contest. what could those two travelers out of time be saying to one another?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...on-hi-46832552
None of those pictures make me want to go. Disneyland meets F1.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3952122)   #2230
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I looked at that and was going to jokingly say that I had no interest because the roller coaster right didn't go next to or over the race track. Then I looked at the rest of the images and then holy cow! Apparently they are considering doing that! Would they run the coaster during the race?

The images show a very lush setup. Do they have the water to maintain that level of green?

Also has anyone mentioned that the circuit was designed by Alex Wurz and not Tilke Engineering? Now, it's my understanding that companies like Tilke Engineering is not just drawing the outline of the circuit on a napkin, but are full service designers/architects in that they understand what is needed at a modern F1 circuit. Who is the Architect/Engineering firm for this project? I assume they brought in Wurz to do the layout? And I assume some of this is to avoid the "Tilkedrome" label (no guarantees that Wurz will do any better of a job).

Richard
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3952126)   #2231
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...Do they have the water to maintain that level of green?
with the sweat of one thousand thousand indentured labourers!
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3952128)   #2232
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
with the sweat of one thousand thousand indentured labourers!
Lol. Something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
None of those pictures make me want to go. Disneyland meets F1.
I probably would have little interest in all of the other stuff. But amenities right at the tracks are always nice. Sometimes if you want to eat, it's either track food (hit or miss on quality and then always expensive) or usually travel miles away for good food and lodging.

I have mixed feelings. It could be that new track construction in the middle of nowhere with nothing else going on are just not viable. In the end, chances of me attending this race in person? Nearly zero.

Richard
Old 17 Jan 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3952144)   #2233
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I probably would have little interest in all of the other stuff. But amenities right at the tracks are always nice. Sometimes if you want to eat, it's either track food (hit or miss on quality and then always expensive) or usually travel miles away for good food and lodging.

Richard

One of the exceptions to the rule is Suzuka, which is fairly remote (a good 8 hour drive from Tokyo), which forms part of a motorsport resort with a hotel (where most if not all the teams and drivers stay, restaurants and amusements for all the family.

And the track-side catering for the spectators is pretty good too, with a huge spread of different cuisines to cater for both the Japanese tastes and for visitors from further afield. And very reasonably priced, to boot.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 22:36 (Ref:3952157)   #2234
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
quoting myself lol

Purely from a design point of view, is that a cross over?
Old 18 Jan 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3952181)   #2235
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Saudi Arabia have already got the Dakar Rally, now they want to have a GP. What next? I just wonder if it's going to replace one of the two GPs already in the Middle East
Old 18 Jan 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3952185)   #2236
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well Saudi Arabia have already got the Dakar Rally, now they want to have a GP. What next? I just wonder if it's going to replace one of the two GPs already in the Middle East
3rd event in the region.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/f1i.com/news/365811-formula-1-closing-in-on-mega-race-deal-with-saudi-arabia.html/amp
Old 18 Jan 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3952195)   #2237
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
2023 is a long way away, a lot can change. We are still waiting for the New York Grand Prix since 83
Old 18 Jan 2020, 12:57 (Ref:3952200)   #2238
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
2023 is a long way away, a lot can change. We are still waiting for the New York Grand Prix since 83
They're talking about a 2021 event in the article.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3952209)   #2239
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
I suppose as long as these nations are willing to overpay their sanctioning fees, presumably subsidising lower fees for the classic venues, i hope we dont lose any middle eastern venues...plus Qatar.

And just wait til they start out bidding each other for the double points/last race of the year honours.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 11:26 (Ref:3952277)   #2240
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They're talking about a 2021 event in the article.

Are you sure? Every other article I’ve seen says they are preparing for 2023 GP
Old 19 Jan 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3952280)   #2241
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Are you sure? Every other article I’ve seen says they are preparing for 2023 GP
Did you read the article I linked?

I'm fairly sure this paragraph means 2021....
'According to a report from the Daily Mail, an interim event could be held in 2021 on the streets of Jeddah while a dedicated permanent track is built for 2022.'
Old 19 Jan 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3952282)   #2242
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Did you read the article I linked?

I'm fairly sure this paragraph means 2021....

'According to a report from the Daily Mail, an interim event could be held in 2021 on the streets of Jeddah while a dedicated permanent track is built for 2022.'

That’s not the same as a GP, which is what I was talking about. So stop trying to say I’m wrong
Old 19 Jan 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3952287)   #2243
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That’s not the same as a GP, which is what I was talking about. So stop trying to say I’m wrong
I never said you were wrong.

If you look back, my post said a 2021 event. I never said it was a GP, so stop trying to say I'm wrong.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3952292)   #2244
S griffin
Veteran

Missing the point again...
Old 19 Jan 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3952295)   #2245
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Missing the point again...
Who is?

I posted a link to an article that said they were planning an event in 2021, which also was in response to a query on whether the event was to replace on of the existing two events in the region.
After mentioning the 2021 event, which shows that the organisers are planning to build up to the GP, I was asked if I was sure.
I then followed this up with a direct quote from the article that makes the reference to 2021, I'm then accused of trying to make out someone else was wrong.

Now I'm accused of missing the point?

The point was that the organisers of a proposed GP are planning an event in 2021......
What other point is being missed?
Old 19 Jan 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3952296)   #2246
S griffin
Veteran

And the original point I was making was that 2023 was a a while away, the year of the first GP and you seemed to miss that.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3952297)   #2247
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
And the original point I was making was that 2023 was a a while away, the year of the first GP and you seemed to miss that.
It was never missed.
That's why I brought up the event(s) that are being planned to build up to it.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3952298)   #2248
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
According to that article, an interim event could be held in 2021 on the streets of Jeddah, which would be the first Saudi GP. Followed by a dedicated permanent track being built for the 2022 Saudi GP. That's how I understand it.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3952299)   #2249
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
It was never missed.

That's why I brought up the event(s) that are being planned to build up to it.

All you said in your original response was the ‘article says 2021’ and I never said anything about any events prior to the GP, so basically you were correcting me for something I didn’t say
Old 19 Jan 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3952302)   #2250
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
All you said in your original response was the ‘article says 2021’ and I never said anything about any events prior to the GP, so basically you were correcting me for something I didn’t say

Clearly you are feeling aggrieved about something, when no one ever corrected you or said you were wrong about anything - so not sure what you are trying to defend yourself for.

If I quote directly what was said:

'2023 is a long way away, a lot can change.'
'They're talking about a 2021 event in the article.'

No-one ever said the 2021 event was a GP, let alone suggested that anyone saying otherwise was wrong. 2023 is a long way away, 3 whole years in fact. The organisers are planning event(s) in the build up, the first of which is planned for 2021.

We could go around this buoy for a while yet if you keep claiming that you were being corrected. Please read what is posted before responding, and then this confusion could be avoided. Defending yourself from something that has not happened makes conversational flow difficult.