Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2583799)   #201
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
If you're going to have the Brazilian race, and it has to be put on on a permanent circuit, seeing as Interlagos is probably out, Brasilia is almost certainly the most suitable option. It's classified at a higher grade by the FIA than Curitiba (as it was upgraded in hopes of hosting the 1990 F1 Brazilian GP), and the course configuration itself (not to mention being 1.1 miles longer to the lap) would seem a better fit for the Indy Cars.
Old 17 Nov 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2583862)   #202
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whatever.Tell somebody who needs the help.

Last edited by JagtechOhio; 17 Nov 2009 at 23:56.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2583909)   #203
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
If you're going to have the Brazilian race, and it has to be put on on a permanent circuit, seeing as Interlagos is probably out, Brasilia is almost certainly the most suitable option. It's classified at a higher grade by the FIA than Curitiba (as it was upgraded in hopes of hosting the 1990 F1 Brazilian GP), and the course configuration itself (not to mention being 1.1 miles longer to the lap) would seem a better fit for the Indy Cars.
It's a really uninspiring circuit, though.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2584010)   #204
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brasilia could be run as a five corner "oval". However, it's the capitol and Apex, who are involved in this venture, are based there.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 18 Nov 2009 at 09:29.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2585836)   #205
joey31
Rookie

Australia
Newcastle
joey31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Aussie motor racing fan here.. I have been reading through your posts and thought I’d write something regarding the surfer’s race and what I think could help to make the IRL a bit better.

I hope that the IRL will eventually come back to surfers having attended the race for a few years I was very disappointed when the IRL decided not to return it was great watching the aussie boys on home soil try to beat the best in the IRL.I honestly don’t think the money side of things was the biggest issue I think it was more the scheduling. The Queensland government from what I have read want the race in October and October only because that is the slowest tourist time of the year and having the surfer’s race boosted tourism in the lead up to our summer. Let’s just hope that they can come to some sort of compromise so that the IRL will be back at surfers soon.

About the IRL as a whole I remember watching the gold coast race as a teenager thinking how amazing the race looked, from the fast cars driving so close to the walls to seeing the beach in the background as they drove up the back straight, the crowds it was something I really wanted to experience live. Now that im older and having attended the race a few times it was just as I thought a great 4 days of racing and excitement, but looking now at the IRL racing in the USA mainly the oval tracks it doesn’t look that exciting, like something I really want to see live. This is where I think they need to fix things make the race: as in the whole race weekend look more inviting to people watching at home to make them want to go see a race live and enjoy the atmosphere. This is where verses can help showing things from behind the scenes, not just the racing but what the drivers do in the lead up to races let the people watch get to know the drivers, so that they can know who to support.

I think I will stop here for now, this is just what I think could help even in a small way. Great thread!!
Old 21 Nov 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2586563)   #206
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey31 View Post
About the IRL as a whole I remember watching the gold coast race as a teenager thinking how amazing the race looked, from the fast cars driving so close to the walls to seeing the beach in the background as they drove up the back straight, the crowds it was something I really wanted to experience live. Now that im older and having attended the race a few times it was just as I thought a great 4 days of racing and excitement, but looking now at the IRL racing in the USA mainly the oval tracks it doesn’t look that exciting, like something I really want to see live.
What you're noticing is the difference between CART (and CCWS, which was a pale shadow of CART) and the IRL. I never expected Surfers to survive past the "transition" year, because I knew it would fall victim to Tony's 'my way or the highway' approach, which it did. Tony's gone now, but I think there has been too much damage to the sport to see anything like that within a couple decades. Surfers was the kind of thing you got after 15 years of CART working from a halfway decent starting point of USAC. The current situation is a lot weaker than the USAC days. If the sport should ever get back to being run by racers for racers, it can aspire to that sort of thing again.