Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Oct 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3771078)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I didn't comment on the last race because I was too disgusted by it having a good race ruined by Seb and Max (really Kimi did nothing wrong, Seb did the Schumacher chop and Max ****ed his pants a little and jerked across straight into Kimi) and gifting effing Hamilton a win.

This time we had a much better race. The main man of the race has to be Vandoorne. This is I think the first time he's properly beaten Alonso fair and square. He outqualified him and had a legit 0.2sec over him in every qualifying session.

In the race Alonso had no problems. It's just he was stuck behind other cars for most of the race and couldn't get past them. Alonso had the better strategy imo pitting at mid race lap 26 with the leaders while Vandoorne came in far too early on lap 13 and had to go 43 laps on 1 set. But he held on, passed the Williams back instantly as Massa tried to keep his more talented (at this stage in their careers) team mate behind him.

Alonso struggled to really pass anyone and his fastest lap was 0.5s slower than Vandorne's when it should have been faster with soft tyres less laps to conserve them. So yeah, when's the last time Alonso got properly beat by a team mate and outperformed? Maybe just Button. Kimi and Massa couldn't outperform him at Ferrari, ever. Actually I think Kimi might have beat him once. Stoffels now done it and finally showing the form we expected.

Lance Stroll was strong, well at least stronger than his team mate. Williams disadvantaged him by giving Massa the undercut, but Stroll did well to get back past and pull away.

Palmer; for once was able to keep up with Hulkenberg. Kept him within 2 seconds even though Hulkenberg undercut him by 4 laps. Hulk then made the extra stop so Palmer would have finished ahead of him. Until he spun a couple of times. Duh Palmer.

Ocon. Hmm, did he run 53 laps on 1 set? Had to pit on lap 2, don't know why. Ran to the end from there and finished 10th but a decent amount behind Perez. Not his best race but damn that's a lot of laps on one tyre set.

Kmag an eventful race, seemed to be in the top 10 but had some rough battles, Alonso pushing him off track. Then Palmer spins and comes out next to him not wanting to lose the position. Still finished ahead of Grosjean but his fastest lap was rather slow.

Wehrlein, 10th fastest lap, not bad. But only finished in front of his team mate. It's a shame Sauber are so slow, it's ended Wehrlein's career really and how the hell is Leclerc supposed to stand out with them?

Hey what about Gasly? Sounds like he had fuel issues as he wasn't saving enough as it's all new to him. I remember looking at him running at the back battling with the Saubers while Sainz was 8th and thinking oh dear, you need to be doing better than that Gasly. Ended up beating the Renaults as well although they both didn't have smooth races. But then Sainz DNF'd anyway. Not the greatest debut (ie. Kmag and Vandoorne's debuts were a bit better) but we'll see him again next week. I think he's better than Kyvat, but not much to be honest. It took him nearly 2 years to win in GP2 and even then very nearly lost the title to his much less experienced team mate with them both in the fastest car. But I do think Gasly should finish Super Formula because the streak he's on he'll likely win it. Don't sacrifice the Super Formula title just for one extra F1 race when you're guaranteed a seat next year anyway since Red Bull have no other juniors to move up. Sainz is moving out and Kyvat is rubbish so they have no choice but to call Gasly up.
Massa got "the call" to allow the $$$$ through and Ocon pitted because he had damage clashing with Massa at T1/T2... that was how $$$$ got through to start with. Ocon was later hit again by Sainz who took the "Rosberg Austria" line