Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3084670)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now - it's absolutely brilliant! I heartily recommend it.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3084674)   #52
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I upgraded to the new Galaxy S3 on Wednesday (first time I've had an android phone) and have to admit that TaT works really well.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3084782)   #53
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After the most recent upgrade all I'm getting is log in messages when trying to use it. Looking around forums I'm not the only one.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3084794)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The update has been fine for me.

I am getting used to it, although I find that I view as a browser quite a bit. I need to kick that habit.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3087415)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm having no problems, although Tenths is the only forum that I use TaT for.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3143284)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So i just had to update and now after the first line is complete, the screen scrolls down to where I can't see what I am typing. WTF?

Is it just my phone?
Old 28 Sep 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3143287)   #57
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So i just had to update and now after the first line is complete, the screen scrolls down to where I can't see what I am typing. WTF?

Is it just my phone?
Testing testing testing testing testing

Yes, its just you.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3143331)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still Ok for me.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3143374)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm such a loser.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3161478)   #60
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally purchased the app, but when I try to login I get a message that
The usergroup you belong to does not have permission to login. Please contact your administrator.

I can't find any settings that I can access to enable it, is access restricted to paid subscribers?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3161481)   #61
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts300 View Post
I can't find any settings that I can access to enable it, is access restricted to paid subscribers?
Yes, it's subscriber only: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130958

I've set you up with 1 months free subscription.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3161488)   #62
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I've set you up with 1 months free subscription.
Thanks

I'll fix it now with a payment.

(And an apology, I did search but did not find the post you referred to.)

Last edited by gts300; 2 Nov 2012 at 09:27. Reason: Added the apology :)
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3161502)   #63
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Thanks

I'll fix it now with a payment.
Received, enjoy, and remember to turn off the adverts for when you visit on a browser!

Quote:
(And an apology, I did search but did not find the post you referred to.)
It's a sticky topic at the top of this forum.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3273729)   #64
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One problem I can see with only allowing Tapatalk use to subscribers is the sheer amount of potential posters this site could be turning away. You can say people should pay the small fee for the subscription, but this is the real world and people are often put off regardless of the amount because it involves paying for something lol. I know people who won't even buy apps that are 69p because they feel they can get something else for free. Its silly but that is life.

10 tenths isn't the most active forum I am involved with and I must say my input here is limited because most of my contributions are done through Tapatalk 2 and this one doesn't appear in the list. I haven't paid the subscription myself because I don't really know what I would be getting for my money other than a pass to use an app I already own? All my news can be gathered from elsewhere and I have contacts within F1 for gossip etc etc. I would imagine a large proportion of posters use forums on the go on mobile devices too. I enjoy the odd visit here and am happy to do this through my computer when I get time.

Not a rant as I am well aware posting here is a privilege and not a right. Just a thought on how I think this place could be opened up to the wider audience but appreciate it needs to earn money from somewhere too. Not every forum can run on Google advert funding alone.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3273743)   #65
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
I know people who won't even buy apps that are 69p because they feel they can get something else for free. Its silly but that is life.

10 tenths isn't the most active forum I am involved with and I must say my input here is limited because most of my contributions are done through Tapatalk 2 and this one doesn't appear in the list.
From what I believe, the latest version of TapaTalk is now free as they are concentrating on selling branded versions of the app to individual forum owners. Tenths should appear on the list of sites though. On my Android phone I can find it with a search on ten-tenths and also in the sports/motorsports directory.

Quote:
I haven't paid the subscription myself because I don't really know what I would be getting for my money other than a pass to use an app I already own?
  • A nice warm fuzzy feeling that you're supporting the site.
  • You can choose to turn off the advertising block in most places on Ten-Tenths (web version).
  • You can start and maintain your own "Blog".
  • You can upload a custom Avatar without having the normal 250 posts.
  • Double storage space for Private Messages (200).
  • Ability to send Private Messages to up to 10 users at once.
  • Can upload attachments in more forums.
  • Access to Tenths through Tapatalk app for mobile devices.
Quote:
Not a rant as I am well aware posting here is a privilege and not a right. Just a thought on how I think this place could be opened up to the wider audience but appreciate it needs to earn money from somewhere too. Not every forum can run on Google advert funding alone.
I thought long and hard about the decision to make TapATalk a "subscriber only" service. My feeling was that with the increase in screen size and functionality of the browsers on mobile devices that Tenths was available on these and that asking users to pay the princely sum of £0.03 a day for the convenience of accessing Tenths advert free on all devices was a pretty good deal.

Maybe it's time for me to reconsider.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3273797)   #66
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the response MagnetON.

At the end of the day you are providing a service that is enjoyable for people and I agree in an ideal world people should contribute a small sum. Its a lot of time and effort to provide the service and a reward is worthy. Unfortunately motorsports are disappearing off TV to pay channels and less people are watching. Its not just internet forums that are experiencing a drop in traffic believe me. I'd love to see this place and the other places I contribute, or once contributed to, regain the buzz they once had. I don't subscribe to anything these days. Magazines for me have been replaced with online content and I find I can access the info I need for free in most cases, the wonders of the internet eh?. Podcasts and most daily papers are free at the moment. Money is tight and this is a hobby for me. I don't tend to visit this place as often as others due to how quiet it can be and I only check it from my laptop every once in a while.

I don't think the price you charge is extortionate or unworthy, I just offered it as possible reason the forum isn't as busy as it once was for the mobile access part. The other things you list are worth the premium for regular members I feel. I think tapatalk access could less restricted. Just my two pence.