Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Nov 2004, 18:25 (Ref:1148809)   #51
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so is some new type of swear word?? KB,Boots,martyn_bott you are all "sons of a Jaguar"

BTW i hope son-of a Jaguar does happen...
Old 9 Nov 2004, 18:35 (Ref:1148820)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
so is some new type of swear word?? KB,Boots,martyn_bott you are all "sons of a Jaguar"

BTW i hope son-of a Jaguar does happen...
Red Bull to the rescue,perhaps in partnership with Coca Cola. or Smirnoff.

Last edited by Marbot; 9 Nov 2004 at 18:37.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1148853)   #53
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say I have always thought highly of Heidfeld as a driver, but what I think he lacks is the neccessary aggression. Both on track and off. There have been a number of seats available in his time but he never seems to have made the big push for them. He doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical mould of a Williams driver. Having said that I wouldn't mind being proven wrong if he gets the seat.
As for Davidson, while obviously talented he is rather unproven in GP conditions. I think he had the advantage in friday testing of having the second best car and not having the same engine restrictions to worry about. Wirdheim deserves just as much of a chance as does Davidson.
I may be in the minority here but I think DC deserves the hardest look for the race seat. One year contract until Button comes back.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1148875)   #54
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Rennen

Just wishing you and yours the best. I hope he get a fair chance to prove his worth. He has been vital to BAR's success and has achieved alot without having to pay people off. Good luck guys!!

BAR will miss him but I am sure his skills will be put to even better use, racing rather than testing.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 20:35 (Ref:1148963)   #55
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So if Anthony goes to Williams who will be BAR's test driver?

Enrique Bernoldi?
Old 9 Nov 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1148968)   #56
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt it!
Old 9 Nov 2004, 23:15 (Ref:1149092)   #57
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
I have to say I have always thought highly of Heidfeld as a driver, but what I think he lacks is the neccessary aggression. Both on track and off.

He doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical mould of a Williams driver. Having said that I wouldn't mind being proven wrong if he gets the seat.

I may be in the minority here but I think DC deserves the hardest look for the race seat. One year contract until Button comes back.
Heidfeld reminds me of Frentzen, and he got the Williams drive, but didn't really grab it by the horns, did he?

I also hope it goes to DC. I'm REALLY sick of the attitude "oh, he's had his chance, give someone else a go" By that train of thought...surely if AD doesn't get a drive next year he should get the hell out of the BAR test seat..after all, he's been there for years..give someone else a go!!!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 03:05 (Ref:1149177)   #58
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by joe rossi
Heidfeld reminds me of Frentzen, and he got the Williams drive, but didn't really grab it by the horns, did he?

I also hope it goes to DC. I'm REALLY sick of the attitude "oh, he's had his chance, give someone else a go" By that train of thought...surely if AD doesn't get a drive next year he should get the hell out of the BAR test seat..after all, he's been there for years..give someone else a go!!!
I don't think Heidfeld, other than by virtue of being sharing a hometown, is like Frentzen in the least.

HHF is a very sensative, moody driver-as fast as anyone on a good day but prone to funks that left him tooling around several places behind where he belonged. By his own admission, his expectations of Williams were naive and he his basic insecurity was aggravated by by the impersonal nature of the team.

By contrast, Heidfeld is much more focused and though his reputation has nearly suffered by the series of dogs he's been forced to drive-he has proven dogged and resilient. He has to know that he needs this chance and he will be determined to prove that he deserves a seat at the sharp end. He has proven himself to be self-relient and terier-like. He will be expecting no favors and will get down to business.

It is unfortunate that two young men, both deserving of seats, shall be pitted against one another. I wish both Ant and Heidfeld luck and I hope that circumstances are such that Williams is able to make a clear choice. But frankly, this is the best way for them to make the choice and I suspect that Pizzonia will be left wanting, Nick will get the testing seat and Ant the race seat.

I'm rooting for Nick but I'd be pleased if Davidson got it.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 05:33 (Ref:1149206)   #59
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by joe rossi

I also hope it goes to DC. I'm REALLY sick of the attitude "oh, he's had his chance, give someone else a go"
You'll just have to get used to it Joe,there's a massive majority that feel that way about DC

He's had ten years,would you like 15 perhaps? maybe 20

No,the new guys deserve a **CHANCE** in a top car.
It's not that much to ask surely??
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1149278)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should get a chance if, only if, they are considered good enough - not through pity and for the sake of "give someone else a chance".

I think that time is now, because some of them I consider to be good enough...

Last edited by Adam43; 10 Nov 2004 at 09:05.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1149284)   #61
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll hope Davidson gets the job he did a very good job at BAR in the third car.He got talent and deserve a chanche to race a full season in the F1
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1149290)   #62
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BAR's problem if Davidson is chosen by Williams is clearly in finding a test/3rd driver. Maybe a good solution would be for Heidfeld to get this role on loan from Williams, bearing in mind that it could prove to be a race seat as thigns stand?
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1149293)   #63
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Luke's suggestion of Bernoldi was the solution actually.

isn't that why they signed him as 4th driver? In case Davidson left?
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:52 (Ref:1149310)   #64
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Come ot think of it, it'd be hysterical if all those who've been claiming that top teams running 3 cars will allow the real talented to drivers to race are left to explain the return of Bernoldi....
Old 10 Nov 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1149523)   #65
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed Boots!

Sorry if this has been talked to death allready -i haven't been paying much attn.

I must admit that whole third driver thing is abit over my head,it just confuses the whole situation beyond anything we've seen before.
It like...there will have to be at least 18(?) cars on the grid anyway so (in theory) very few drivers will miss out.
...in theory!!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1149606)   #66
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey boots, you STILL sore about Monaco 2001?!

only joking, Bernoldi is pretty useless in my opinion, I thought we were talking about testing only.

who would you run as thrid racer if you were BAR and davidson wasn't available? I'd certainly give jamie Green a run. See if I could get Paffett away from DTM and Merc. and probably also see if I could get Weird-heim or Bourdais.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1149609)   #67
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love Bernoldi - years later, and I'm still laughing about that Monaco.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 17:35 (Ref:1149684)   #68
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I found Monaco funny, although not as much so as when he overtook Michael in the Arrows in Malaysia. In close-quarters racing, Enrique may well be quite useful, but he's not fast enough to get there as a rule - ChampCars would suit him.

Theoretically he'd be their third driver sonic, but if Jaguar and/or Jordan don't re-emerge, BAR will probably have the choice to run 3 cars.

Jamie Green would be a very good choice - he's showed a lot of potential so far. Only problem would be his Mercedes links. Wirdheim is probably the best choice of all though.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1149696)   #69
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie green has been rumoured for a BAR test drive for a couple of months now. Doubt his Mercedes links would hurt him - Heidfeld was a Merc. driver for ages and he drove Pug. and Ferrari engined cars.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 19:15 (Ref:1149750)   #70
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be great if Jamie green was an F1 driver.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1150406)   #71
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He certainly deserves a chance, although I'd rather see Robbie Kerr get a chacne to relaunch his career. There must be some temptation at Mercedes to push Lewis Hamilton above Jamie, simply because he has more marketing potential, which'd be a shame because although both are good Jamie appears to be better.