Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 Jul 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2727468)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 11-12 Germany

now this is a bit of a issue with me, i due to go out next Saturday so i glad i was able to miss the GP2 Saturday race but my issue is that the full repeat clashes with GP3 two races. I need to make a call here and can anyone help me out here, If you want to know i have Sky Plus. I normally go like this GP3 x 2 then GP2 but this is the 1st time i got this headache.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2727477)   #2
skells22
Veteran

by the way time of next Saturday is 8.35am next Sunday morning.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2727850)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This also happens in other latitudes. I suffered a worse headache when I had to wait for GP2 for Silverstone Sunday race. Fox Sports delayed officially up to 2:00 AM of Monday, but finally they aired it 2:35 AM onwards. Had I programmed the race in my recorder, I would have a part of the final match of the 2010 World Cup instead Sprint race. Fortunately this didn't happen and I could record the race only with a brush of insomnia.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2729711)   #4
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D'ambrosio is replaced for this round by GRosjean....
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2729722)   #5
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
D'ambrosio is replaced for this round by GRosjean....
Very interesting, thanks for the tip Rf1 Fan.

Grosjean is back into the Renault fold then...
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2729739)   #6
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So d'Ambrosio has been stood down because he is too slow? Have they seen who is in the other car?! Jerome has been doing the best he can as far as I can see. It will be fascinating to see what Grosjean does this weekend.

Given Kamui's pace in F1 relative to GP2 I am starting to think that DAMS have never really got to grips with the GP2/08 car. d'Ambrosio really ought to have left to Racing Engineering instead.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2730875)   #7
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, but may be it's drivers team relationship problem. I won't be surprised if Grosjean is suddenly right on the pace.
Still, what about Tung?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2731038)   #8
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
clearly a choice because of money and not because of pace

it's terribly they lie and harm Jérôme his reputation by saying it's because he's slow
Old 23 Jul 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2731056)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well they haven't really, that's just what you've taken from the press releases... perhaps they're implying that he might be quick but he couldn't assist in making a car work better and faster if his life depended on it!

i wonder whose side the mechanics are on - they could make grosjeans life very difficult!
Old 23 Jul 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2731204)   #10
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Pic on pole.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2731352)   #11
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So have we reached a verdict about the respective talents of DAMS and d'Ambrosio today or shall Grosjean been given another race? Rain spoiled the plan I would say.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2731408)   #12
skells22
Veteran

got some pen news Chilton got a grid pen for setting a fast time under yellow of 3 places and i think the phase outside assistance meant that Gonzalez will start last picking up a 10 grid pen. can i have the full 24 car grid list please
Old 23 Jul 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2731526)   #13
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crazy TV scheduling by Eurosport. I'd like to watch the delayed race 1 before the live Sunday race, but race 1 clashes with live GP3...

You'd think those idiots would find time for race 1 on Saturday, even if delayed.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2731530)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well more importantly their pants scheduling drives people to seek the coverage on less than legal means.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2731914)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So 'sportingly' no-one's posted the result from this afternoon as yet....

I am looking forward to both races back to back on Eurosport in the morning.

Back to qualy a mo, very very impressed with Pic, he's showed flashes of real promise already this year and I sincerely hope he can nab another win before the esd of this season before mounting a title challenge next season.

I can't quite get over how consistent Maldonado has become though in both qualy and races. He is going to be difficult to topple now, it's almost as if he's a completely different driver to the one we've come to know previously.

3rd on the grid for today was bound to equal another good points haul barring disaster.

Good grid position for Perez too, he needs to score heavily every round from now on.

Last edited by chunterer; 25 Jul 2010 at 09:28.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2732070)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well an absolutely brilliant race this morning, I'm not going to say anymore than that for now!!!!

Over to you guys to discuss further when you feel appropriate.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2732077)   #17
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well an absolutely brilliant race this morning, I'm not going to say anymore than that for now!!!!

Over to you guys to discuss further when you feel appropriate.
Yup! Was great. So many good battles throughout the field, loved it.

Am very miffed at Eurosport playing GP2 and GP3 at the same time on two different channels earlier though >< Had to miss the GP3.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2732624)   #18
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a good race, Grosjean was brilliant, infact he has been quick all weekend, shame he has had little luck really. This does put the regular DAMS boys performances under the spotlight though, it would be cool if RG could find his way back into the series fulltime now.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2732640)   #19
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Am very miffed at Eurosport playing GP2 and GP3 at the same time on two different channels earlier though >< Had to miss the GP3.
And I had an horrible sleep tonight since I had to see Race 1 today at 2:00 AM and Race 2 at 7:00 AM, and was able to tape them. No GP3 coverage here, but we GP2 followers have very strange hours to see the events.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2732946)   #20
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Perez took maximum points for the weekend with a brilliant sprint win from 7th. Hopefully he can mount a challenge for the championship. Ericcson is improving and Bianchi looks inconsistent. I too was impressed with Grosjean very competitive after a layoff. Good to see Guitierrez also win in GP3.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2733211)   #21
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

I'm happy for Pic.He is doing a very good job for Arden.He has no teammates.Hopefully he can have a good run in Hungary because it's a well known track for him.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2733399)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yes, to elaborate on what the last few posters have said, Perez was indeed the dominant driver once again on Sunday, winning at a stroll having come through from 7th on the grid.

The guy clearly has the confidence in the car over a race, all he needs to do now is hook it up a bit better in qualy so he hasn't got as much work to do on Saturday! Then again, it doesn't seem to matter where he starts as he makes his way forwards quite assertively anyway. Great to watch.

Grosjean was magic on Sunday as has been said. I think the end accident with Pastor was perhaps inevitable (he may well have ended up off with another driver anyway) as he really was on a bit of a red mist style charge, perhaps a little too eager to impress?

Maldonado isn't the easiest of guys to overtake at any time (and his non score helped the championship stay open), although Romain had already been off the track a couple of times at the beginning and had nearly touched with other drivers. Anyone know if he was called into to see the stewards?

I also hope he comes back for more. Really made D'Ambrosio and Tung's efforts so far this year look a bit tardy and this race served as a timely reminder of what he can do I think. Couple of people I know wondered if the quality of the field is poor if an Grosjean was able to do that, but I just think he was on it full stop.

Elsewhere, Van der Garde was poor, Perez really has him beat now on balance?

Ericcson was another charger coming through the field after a bad start so he had to work extra hard after his stellar Saturday drive.

Any others stand out (or opposite!) for people?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2733410)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i suspect grosjean is benefitting from a difference in motivation levels compared to d'ambrosio as well... that was grosjeans chance to show he's actually a racing god, not a bit of a fail after last years f1 attempt. d'ambrosio was doing a whole season in gp2 and in addition tinkering around with f1 cars for renault.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2733456)   #24
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Elsewhere, Van der Garde was poor, Perez really has him beat now on balance?
Giedo says his car suffers from an underperforming engine. Why don't they change it? Or are there rules who say that's not allowed.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2733466)   #25
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Giedo says his car suffers from an underperforming engine. Why don't they change it? Or are there rules who say that's not allowed.
Ah racing driver excuse number 58.