Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 24 May 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2885174)   #1
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 1951/ 52 Aston Pics

Dear All
I would be very grateful if anyone could help me find any archive pictures of the Works Prep'd private Aston entry of Peter Clark in 1951/ 1952.
The car was a DB2 and was number 27 in 1951 and 32 in 1952. It was first reserve in 1953 with number 69.
I am about to start a period restoration of the car and need to see its historic details. I am particularly keen to find any colour images that show the exact green tone of the paintwork.
Any help much appreciated. Please email me if it helps on mark@geode.uk.com

Mark
Old 26 May 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2886026)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark, that sounds like a really exciting project. It would be great if any of our members could help but I think we sometimes forget how long ago those early postwar races are now! Even I was 'only' born in 1949! Anyone help Mark, here?
Old 26 May 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2886065)   #3
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the support John. I gather that there are colour images out there and even some colour film. Also I have found out that the Team Astons had various shades of green during their time with the team from mid to dark green. Any images showing this in colour? Often the cars are shown in pictures of other cars (background etc.)

Mark
Old 29 May 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2887368)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that if we don't get a response in here, Mark, it might be worth me moving it into the main historic forum in a week or two to give it greater exposure.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2894566)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok, in the hope that it might get a wider audience, I'll move this into the main forum.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2894616)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark,

Sorry, can't help with any images but I would just observe that colour accuracy from 'back in those days' might not be a great guide for you even assuming any images you come across have not been re-coloured at some point in their processing.

Even if the colour was a good representation when shot the potential for film or print to change rendition accuracy over the years is rather large. Changes from a prime colour to another prime colour should be easy to spot. Significant changes from a pale shode of, say, green to a darker shade may just be reasonably well represented. But to be realistic about it other that you are likely to uncover would be a certain match.

However it is certainly worth trying to find as many sources as you can.