Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Nov 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1142758)   #51
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Victorian Government pays the Aust GP Corporation that money to setup and run the event, and then takes a cut of revenue earned by the AGPC to repay it.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1143253)   #52
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 1200Datto27
The Victorian Government pays the Aust GP Corporation that money to setup and run the event, and then takes a cut of revenue earned by the AGPC to repay it.

Datto,
The issue for many Victorians is the undisclosed fee paid to Bernie & the moneybags of F1.
Victoria snaffled the GP from Adelaide when its management took their eye off the ball & were not prepared for the sniper carrying larger money bags - compare with WA when the same sniper(s) went after the WRC.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1143344)   #53
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to see the CART @ Surfers in 2000 & was disappointed with the width of the track, everytime someone attempted an overtake it resulted in an accident leading to a full course yellow.
The millenium Sportscar race @ Adelaide, now that was something different, & well worth flying round the world to see.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1143551)   #54
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, and if the GPWC goes ahead, Melbourne F1 boss Ron Walker says he won't support it. Thus, the Aussie "gp" will be looking for another track. Adelaide perhaps?
Old 4 Nov 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1145122)   #55
TMS
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gold Coast for F1......no way. The track would not meet f1 regulations and coming from Queensland, I would rather keep the cart cars and the V8 supercars. Better racing and a better spectacle. After traveling around Europe seeing loads of motor racing, nothing beats indy on the gold coast and the Adelaide 500 with the v8's.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 00:06 (Ref:1145223)   #56
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skam85 the Clipsal 500 has been stitched up in Adelaide for the next 10 years, making the very unlikely that we’d see anything else running around our streets. And it’s a decision that has baffled me since it was announced last Friday! Why would you sign on with TC and his merry men for 10 years? Why not 5 years with an option for another 5? The reason why is I’d be surprised to see V8’s/touring cars running in there current formula in 10 years time. Think about it, this has been the second longest period of formula stability in Australian touring car history (After Group c ’73-84.) I subscribe to the theory that what goes up must come down and the V8’s must be getting close to their “Peak.” And what follows “Peak?” Downturn and Trough. Plus by locking in to such a long period you could potentially miss out on reclaiming what was once the jewel in our crown! And the fact is that the taxpayers won’t fork out for two races. It’s a decision by the Rann Government that is short sighted in my opinion. I feel better now!!!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1145396)   #57
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is true that most regs have a use by date. F1 re-invents its regs every few years. It doesn't change the outcomes much. Maybe the next change will but I digress..

Touring car racing at the moment is so hugely successful that if it does change, expanding the number of makes would be the most obvious way to create that change. I think that on a circuit like Adelaide, any racing is good, competitive and thoroughly enjoyable.

Last edited by Mattracer; 5 Nov 2004 at 09:43.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 7 Nov 2004, 01:04 (Ref:1146437)   #58
joncon
Rookie

joncon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Gp ,was mooved from November to March to be part of the Moomba festival.Moomba has been Held for about 50 years.Our local paper tells us that The Australian GPlosses have blown out by 214%,Since the start of the decade.The Victorian Premier Steeve Brack states the Victorian taxpayer forked out $12.6 million ,After its defict grew by 18.6% This year.The Victorian Government, have had to advance $41.8 million To the Australian Grand Prix Corporation since 1999-2000 to cover the growing losses of the city's FI Grand Prix.
I live on the Gold Coast.THe Gold Coast Circuit Is second or third rate.Only suitable for second third class
Cars.The Queensland State Government Subsidise the
Gold Coast Indy, $11 Million per year.The State Premier
Peter Beaty claims that it benifits the local comunity
to the extent of $60 mill per anum ,Hoever this claim has been unsubstansiated.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 06:34 (Ref:1146514)   #59
navy
Rookie

navy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Gold Coast wouldn't be interested in Formula 1 and all their demands. The Lexmark Indy 300 makes a large profit, pulls $50 million into the Gold Coast and puts on a good show. The Grand Prix in Melbourne looses $7 million pa and is the most boring racing to watch!