Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1393942)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't diss Mika, loved him! Still do.........not in that way though, you understand.

It was a very brief era though looking back. Felt longer than it was.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1394048)   #27
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi to Ferrari in 2007?
Why?

Everyone leaves Ferrari as soon as Michael does anyway so why bother?
Old 29 Aug 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1394073)   #28
Red2
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Red2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Kimi to Ferrari in 2007?
Why?

exactly - Kimi will blitz the championship with McLaren Next year and in 07. Ferrari by then will be dealing with the loss of Schumi and battling in the mid field.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 02:27 (Ref:1394145)   #29
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Felipe will just be keeping the seat warm.....

http://www.gp2005.com/news/controlle...&news_id=14067

If the rumour mill didn't exist, we wouldn't have nearly as much fun speculating. A lineup of Kimi and Vale would be worth a fortune in pr value to them.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1394174)   #30
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see why Kimi would throw away the best car on the grid with the best team around him and with it his best chance at winning championships, and go for a decaying team which is passed it's best, wait, no I can't see why.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 05:16 (Ref:1394189)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't believe the Rossi stories either.

Okay, John Surtees did it, but I think the days of going into F1 with no car racing under your belt are well and truly over
Old 30 Aug 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1394253)   #32
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi and Raikkonen in Ferrari in 2007? YEAH RIGHT (ok, let's see how stupid this post will look if things go that way, yet )
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1394353)   #33
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
People are queueing up to write Ferrari's obituary, aren't they? Let's wait and see. Ferrari walked the championship last year and their talents haven't just gone away. Bridgestone might well be more competitive next year with more teams switching from Michelin, and remember that the V8s will be a new experience for everyone, so I'd expect a company with as much experience and depth of talent as Ferrari to make a good fist of it. Let's not write Ferrari off yet.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1394356)   #34
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren should be the better option for Kimi long-term. And Rossi would surely need a season of F3 followed by a year of testing alongside perhaps GP2 to be ready for F1, no matter how good he is. Sato didn't do karting, only started racing cars at 19, and has suffered for it; imagine how big a disadvantage Valé would be at.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1394360)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If Rossi's lap times in testing are competitive, he has a strong case for a race drive, irrespective of his car racing experience.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1394385)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wouldn't Rossi be required to undertake some other car racing first in order to gain a superlicence?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1394391)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I think the FIA could exercise discretion if they so wished - didn't they have to do that for Raikkonen?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1394452)   #38
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I udnerstand it, if you get through a certain amount of testing without problems and by setting respctable laptimes, you can be granted a superlicense irrespective of other racing experience, but I may be wrong.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1394469)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
As I udnerstand it, if you get through a certain amount of testing without problems and by setting respctable laptimes, you can be granted a superlicense irrespective of other racing experience, but I may be wrong.
That's right,you're not wrong.Nissany got one no problem.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1394567)   #40
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001
I can see why Kimi would throw away the best car on the grid with the best team around him and with it his best chance at winning championships, and go for a decaying team which is passed it's best, wait, no I can't see why.

Schu did it in 96 ... and decaying .. please. .

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Aug 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1394568)   #41
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to reports, Vale has already done the necessary kilometres to qualify for his superlicense (I think it is 300 km.). Several different reports have stated that he was only 1.5 sec. off MS's record at Fiorano. Sure, Sato has suffered for lack of experience. But Rossi is a completely different kettle of fish. I would not discount the possibility, however remote it may seem.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1394631)   #42
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What I can't understand is why Kimi would want to leave a winning team and head off to Ferrari who will continue to be uncompetitve when he can base his future on a leading team as such as Mclaren.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1394633)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luke - I fully expect Kimi will continue at McLaren - this may see his remuneration increased though.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1394637)   #44
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Luke - I fully expect Kimi will continue at McLaren - this may see his remuneration increased though.
So do I, I can't see why people think he'd want to leave Mclaren for Ferrari when he has it on his plate at Mclaren.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1394666)   #45
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
What I can't understand is why Kimi would want to leave a winning team and head off to Ferrari who will continue to be uncompetitve when he can base his future on a leading team as such as Mclaren.
How do you know Ferrari will continue to be uncompetitive?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1394668)   #46
Kicking-back
Veteran

Byrne - going - and they're already suffering from the lack of his input on this car

Brawn - will be going

Todt - will be going

These will be key factors

Plus F1 is cyclical - Ferrari's cycle is over for now
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1394673)   #47
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
How do you know Ferrari will continue to be uncompetitive?
How do you know they won't?

But I will answer you. The only reason why they had success when they did was because of Michael, they have made many improvements and failed to be competitive. You'll see. This time last year no one believed me when I said Ferrari wouldn't be comeptitive this year and I was correct.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1394692)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari are just as likely to bounce back as they are to be no better off next year.

It is hard to foresee Ferrari being competitive next year, but let's just wait and see. F1 changes fast as we have witnessed this year.

I agree that the chassis isn't as good as it could be and that Byrne is missed a bit, but the main crux of the problem is Bridgestone, that much is plain to see from performance patterns throughout the year.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1394768)   #49
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm happy to wait and see; I was questioning those who assume that Ferrari's lack of pace will continue. I agree with knowlesy that a huge proportion of their woes can be ascribed to Bridgestone, something I do expect to change next year if another team or two (apart from Red Bull) switch from Michelin. Byrne's increasing detachment may have affected the F2005, but it could as easily be a blip while the design guys find their feet post-Byrne as it could the beginning of a steep decline. The departure of Byrne, Brawn and Todt will make a difference, but these guys have worked hard to ensure a smooth transition, so it won't necessarily signal the end of Ferrari's performance.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1394837)   #50
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke

i repeat . why did Schu go to Ferrari in 96 after winning both championships with Benetton ???

Ciao Marco