Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1468707)   #1
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fuji, not Suzuka

Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun is reporting that Fuji circuit has won the contract for the Japanese Gp for 2007. So is this a win foor Toyota and a loss for Honda??
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1468710)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is there a link?

and does this mean that toyota have also signed up to the 2008 CA?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1468712)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh God, not Fuji...
The onslaught of great tracks on the F1 calendar continues...
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1468713)   #4
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun is reporting that Fuji circuit has won the contract for the Japanese Gp for 2007. So is this a win foor Toyota and a loss for Honda??
it's a win for a handful of people
and a loss for the entire F1 world
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1468716)   #5
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I got it from grandprix.com.

I think it is quite a blow for Honda, who are aiming to have their 2nd team in F1 pretty soon.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1468729)   #6
insideline
Rookie

England
insideline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuji another Tilke abortion
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1468737)   #7
speedfreek
Rookie

United Kingdom
Reading
speedfreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great a massive tarmac carpark with 3 and a half hairpins and a few other corners. i m bored already...

.......but there is one good corner at fuji called 100r, but one corner isnt enough, i mean suzuka has loads of amazing corners,not to mention 130r
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1468751)   #8
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

according to racingcircuits.net fuji has been drastically cut up this year.. to something that looks rather tilke-like.

300R has gone.. 100R has been changed.. the final sweep after the chicane is now a twisty-windy bit ending in a hairpin.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1468755)   #9
insideline
Rookie

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson

300R has gone.. 100R has been changed.. the final sweep after the chicane is now a twisty-windy bit ending in a hairpin.
Great, can hardly wait
Old 23 Nov 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1468759)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
I got it from grandprix.com.

I think it is quite a blow for Honda, who are aiming to have their 2nd team in F1 pretty soon.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15951.html

There's the link, but there's no confirmation.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1468844)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Typical. Do they want people to enjoy Formula One?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1468853)   #12
insideline
Rookie

England
Obviously not.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1468921)   #13
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If this is confirmed, then F1 has once again dug itself deeper into its own grave as far as I'm concerned. Do they only ever think of money? Must they choose to ignore the fans' clear wishes to keep the few remaining great circuits?

I was already disgusted that Fuji has been destroyed as a circuit, as always to pander to the so called "pinnacle" of motorsport, F1.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1468930)   #14
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There will definitely be a Grand Prix at Fuji in the next couple of years.

Why? Toyota wants one there - and if they want it bad enough, they'll do almost anything to get it, including changing the layout to meet F1 standards. They would not have done that without confidence in acquiring a GP.

It does not necessarily mean that Suzuka is gone - just that Honda and the powers-that-be at Suzuka are going to have to work some political mastery to keep a race there.

It's not as exciting as it once was, but it is big and wide and could produce some good racing.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 01:26 (Ref:1468937)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The new Fuji is an abomination of epic proportions.

I liken Tilke's tracks to how I feel when having a hangover.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1468945)   #16
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone driven the new Fuji Layout ??

THey have made a beta version for GPL, and i took a 1965 car around for a spin, its not as bad as i thought it would be.

the left hander, and the sweeping right hander after the first hairpin will be VERY quick in a 2006 Formula 1 car, and the twisty section they added is actually quite a steep uphill section, so it adds some charactor to it.

I feel that either the Japanese GP will alternate between Suzuka and Fuji, or one will be a Pacific GP and the other will be the Japanese GP (aka. 1994, 1995).
Old 24 Nov 2005, 04:40 (Ref:1469003)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I fail to understand why a change is going to be made? This is another example of not leaving well enough alone.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1469008)   #18
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Its plain and simple in my view. The contract for Suzuka to host the Japanese GP runs out in 2006.

For 2007 a bidding war erupts between the two major Japanese backers in F1, both wanting the GP to be held at their circuit. Toyota which is the bigger of the two is able to out big Honda. Simple.

Or it may be something along the lines that Toyota are closer to signing the next concorde agreement, and letting them have the GP at their circuit is a sweetener by FOM to encourage the worlds biggest car maker to stay with F1.

Edit: I just had a thought after posting. By keeping Toyota happy and keeping them with F1, then if Honda were to leave and join the breakaway series, they would not be directly competing, thus leaving Toyota the only Japanese manufacturer in F1. Something suggests that Honda would not allow this to happen, meaning that where ever Toyota is competing in open wheel competition, Honda will be competing also.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 06:07 (Ref:1469031)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
I feel that either the Japanese GP will alternate between Suzuka and Fuji, or one will be a Pacific GP and the other will be the Japanese GP (aka. 1994, 1995).
The latter is most likely - but it will rely on Honda, Suzuka and Japan playing its cards right.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1469032)   #20
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Or more to the point, it could rely on all the teams agreeing to a 20 race calender
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1469276)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Has anyone driven the new Fuji Layout ??

THey have made a beta version for GPL, and i took a 1965 car around for a spin, its not as bad as i thought it would be.

the left hander, and the sweeping right hander after the first hairpin will be VERY quick in a 2006 Formula 1 car, and the twisty section they added is actually quite a steep uphill section, so it adds some charactor to it.
I raced on that track in GT4, and it's a real pain in the ass...
The twisty section sucks all the flow out of the track, and just feels unnatural and wrong...

And you can't really call GPL's tracks accurate unlike in GT4...
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1469343)   #22
Swiss
Racer

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Swiss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would agree with jasonhill9884's reasoning that there are moves afoot to stop the manufacturers breaking away by playing off the rivalry of Honda and Toyota. Then again maybe it will be an increase in the calendar in which case I'm happy although not enthused about the introduction of a pretty dull circuit to say the least
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1469389)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
I raced on that track in GT4, and it's a real pain in the ass...
The twisty section sucks all the flow out of the track, and just feels unnatural and wrong...

And you can't really call GPL's tracks accurate unlike in GT4...
Keystrokes, I assume that this GT4 track, is at least closer to reality than some others games. I haven't raced in any the new layout, but if GT4 tracks is as bad...
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1469406)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

The GT4 tracks have been modelled with the aid of sattelite gps positioning systems and extensive photographic data obtained from the spot.
So basically it's as close as you can get to the real track in a videogame.

But it could be personal preference, for all I know there could be some pseudo-sadistic people around who actually enjoy a nice flowing corner to be broken up by a dead slow roundy twisty bit as seen on pretty much every Tilke track...
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1469412)   #25
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Fuji track looks just as dull as the likes of Bahrain and China. If it gets on the calendar and Suzuka is taken off, that's a ridiculous decision. I'd say Suzuka is the most challenging F1 track now.

However, if both races are on the calendar I'm not too bothered. At least on the main straight there should be some overtaking.