Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Mar 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3214100)   #1226
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
John Dagys ‏@johndagys
That's been the hot rumor over the last few months - that Webber is headed to Porsche's LMP1 program. We'll have to see what happens.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
3 mins John Dagys ‏@johndagys
Interesting.. Mark Webber has only a one-year contract w/ Red Bull. Could we see him in @FIAWEC next yr with Porsche? http://bit.ly/WDsQCh
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3214106)   #1227
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
John Dagys ‏@johndagys
That's been the hot rumor over the last few months - that Webber is headed to Porsche's LMP1 program. We'll have to see what happens.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
3 mins John Dagys ‏@johndagys
Interesting.. Mark Webber has only a one-year contract w/ Red Bull. Could we see him in @FIAWEC next yr with Porsche? http://bit.ly/WDsQCh
http://www.pitpass.com/48383-Exclusi...-Porsche-links
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3214112)   #1228
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
"proper" as in Mercedes manufacture cars, while Red Bull manufacture energy drinks.

Yes, but the rumor mill has Red Bull associated with Porsche which in my eyes is a proper manufacturer, hence my comment.

I just wish we had some more news. I know that people within Porsche are very excited. My one and only contact within would for obvious reasons say no more than that. All we know is that they are taking their 2014 entry seriously.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3214113)   #1229
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Typical stuff really, rumours and denial... neither hold much weight until a contract is signed for 2014, either in F1 again, or in Sportscars.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3214115)   #1230
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Yes, but the rumor mill has Red Bull associated with Porsche which in my eyes is a proper manufacturer, hence my comment.

I just wish we had some more news. I know that people within Porsche are very excited. My one and only contact within would for obvious reasons say no more than that. All we know is that they are taking their 2014 entry seriously.
Ah, I see.

Well of course if Red Bull teamed up with Porsche, that would be great. Energy drinks and endurance should, in theory, slot together nicely. And it's hard to imagine that when Webber leaves F1, he'd completely sever all ties with Red Bull.

But then again, Red Bull already has a close association with Infiniti, and Audi in the DTM. I find these rumours hard to believe.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3214121)   #1231
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I find this interesting:

"Like anyone else who's interested in motorsport, I'm aware of Porsche's return to..."

Like anyone else? Because I don't think they really are aware. Or maybe he just heard it while doing PR stuff for Porsche.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3214251)   #1232
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, I see.

Well of course if Red Bull teamed up with Porsche, that would be great. Energy drinks and endurance should, in theory, slot together nicely. And it's hard to imagine that when Webber leaves F1, he'd completely sever all ties with Red Bull.

But then again, Red Bull already has a close association with Infiniti, and Audi in the DTM. I find these rumours hard to believe.

I'm not holding my breath either. Odder things can and do happen quite frequently, but I doubt it. Webber has had a one year contract for some time now. I don't doubt that he would do well in a return to LMP racing but I'm not exactly wetting my panties over it. My only hope is that we have a few top teams whom are able to take it to Audi.

Old 4 Mar 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3214260)   #1233
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, I see.

And Citroen in the WRC. If Red Bull sees value in it, they'll do it. Webber and Vergne would be popular in Le Sarthe going for the win.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3214263)   #1234
porman
Veteran

You have a point. Red Bull seems to march to their own tune. There is some serious exposure to be had from backing a team as strong as Porsche. I never said it couldn't happen, I would love for it to happen.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3214276)   #1235
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
How is this for a weird twist... Sebastian Buemi is currently driving for Toyota in the WEC/LeMans. He's also Red Bull's reserve driver. He may be in contention for their race seat in the next couple of seasons. Webber might be out of F1 and go to LeMans/WEC? I don't see them switching places though.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3214287)   #1236
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
And Citroen in the WRC. If Red Bull sees value in it, they'll do it. Webber and Vergne would be popular in Le Sarthe going for the win.
They're no longer with Citroen, now with the mighty VW team. Which makes me think they should be in the WEC, with either Audi or Porsche - as RedBull and the VW group are quite close.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3214293)   #1237
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose regarding Webber and the current trends - if he does lose his seat even he would be hard-pressed to remain in F1 without budget.

But I still think it's crazy to be speculating this early in the game. If he gets the right breaks he could be world champion this year. Long shot but not inconceivable.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3219077)   #1238
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-16656.html has an interview with Romain Dumas. He confirms that Porsche will start testing with LMP1 car in the middle of the year.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3221039)   #1239
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mis.../usa.aspx?ws=1
Old 19 Mar 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3221040)   #1240
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a few video's i have not seen but nothing really new there
Old 19 Mar 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3221135)   #1241
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
a few video's i have not seen but nothing really new there
Perhaps it isn't the content that is interesting on it's own, rather that PMNA put this together....
Old 19 Mar 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3221241)   #1242
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Cool music.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3221248)   #1243
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Perhaps it isn't the content that is interesting on it's own, rather that PMNA put this together....
It's also available on the other versions of the website (not just the US one), so it doesn't mean that PMNA put it together.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3221264)   #1244
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It's also available on the other versions of the website (not just the US one), so it doesn't mean that PMNA put it together.
This is at the bottom of the screen: © 2013 Porsche Cars North America.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3221265)   #1245
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
This is at the bottom of the screen: © 2013 Porsche Cars North America.
And on the international version it says © 2013 Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. It's just the copyright to the website content and it varies from region to region.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mis...onal.aspx?ws=1
Old 19 Mar 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3221307)   #1246
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
And on the international version it says © 2013 Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. It's just the copyright to the website content and it varies from region to region.

You are correct, I didn't do enough digging.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3221346)   #1247
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Touche
Old 24 Mar 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3223541)   #1248
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder whether all the Porsche rumours will flare up again after what just happened with Webber and Red Bull?

Amazing that he can be up at the absolute sharp end of F1 but keep getting a raw deal.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3223553)   #1249
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think webber is closer to porsche in 2014.. Today was very upset with Red Bull..
Old 24 Mar 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3223585)   #1250
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Why ,what happened with Webber and Red Bull in a nut shell please ?