Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 May 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3252203)   #46
dangerousdave79
Rookie

United States
Fort Myers, FL
dangerousdave79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fin is still ugly.
Old 23 May 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3252239)   #47
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdave79 View Post
The fin is still ugly.
I've got to say, I barely notice the fin anymore.
Old 23 May 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3252249)   #48
dangerousdave79
Rookie

United States
Fort Myers, FL
dangerousdave79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not having one on the LMPC makes the fin pretty obvious on LMP1 and LMP2. I probably shouldn't be giving anyone any ideas though.
Old 23 May 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3252261)   #49
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
me neither! i think its because of that awesome huge engine cover behind the cockpit, in part thats why the current cars look so ridiculous, the engine cover is way too small (r18 for example). Its because of the mandatory rear roll over structures, says Mulsanne Mike, so heres hoping that all the lmp1s will have this feature. About the front fenders - I kinda hoped that the smaller wheels will also make the fenders smaller but apparently they havent :/
Old 23 May 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3252318)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Same. I don't see why people are ragging on the looks of the car. It's firmly built to the regs. Just be happy the design has been done!
Old 23 May 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3252319)   #51
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I agree. And before the fin it was the narrower rear wing we complained about. I will miss the spiders, I enjoy the diversity between coupe and open cockpits. Especially for identifying drivers.
Old 23 May 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3252320)   #52
CTD
Subscriber
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Same. I don't see why people are ragging on the looks of the car. It's firmly built to the regs. Just be happy the design has been done!
Agree!
A designed LMP1 is infinitely better than no car at all!
Old 23 May 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3252344)   #53
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think people (at least in my case) are ragging about the less then aesthetically pleasing aero trends and 2014 regulations.
Old 23 May 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3252404)   #54
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO there are more posibilities to see flying pigs than watch that car in the WEC in 2014.....
But I'd like to be wrong
Old 23 May 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3252447)   #55
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To me this looks similar to the recent Riley attempt to produce their LMPs, expect Riley had better credentials, and still nobody took a chance.
Old 23 May 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3252450)   #56
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Boston, MA
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think the extended engine cover makes the fin less obtrusive from the design (looks more like the fin is intended to be there). However, I'm withholding judgment on the design until I see a real livery on this thing.
Old 23 May 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3252458)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
IMO there are more posibilities to see flying pigs than watch that car in the WEC in 2014.....
But I'd like to be wrong
Then it seems that the pigs need fins and fender holes.
Old 24 May 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3252460)   #58
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Then it seems that the pigs need fins and fender holes.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 24 May 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3252483)   #59
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Funny.
Old 24 May 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3252575)   #60
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Personally I think the extended engine cover makes the fin less obtrusive from the design (looks more like the fin is intended to be there). However, I'm withholding judgment on the design until I see a real livery on this thing.
Agreed, althoough the engine cover itself kinda makes it look awkward. That area reminds me of Kremer Porsche 962 K8 with its dorsal fin.