Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Jan 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3491650)   #301
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just love to see PORSCHE,AUDI,TOYOTA and now NISSAN in LMP1 but Le Mans and WEC need private efforts Like Rebellion; ByKoles … possible SARD and other´s… because some day the manufacture´s will gone and then….
Old 10 Jan 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3491656)   #302
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i totally agree, the manufactures should be selling cars to privateers to run at the very least, yes i know they are complicated beasts but some how the WEC should be planning for the future
Old 10 Jan 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3491659)   #303
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From the sounds commentators are making I'd say it looks more likely we'll get another manufacturer announcement before we get the next Rebellion. But you guys are absolutely right we need both.

I'm not really sure you can have your cake and eat it though. The complexity of the cars and the different energy solutions is what's attracting the manufacturers, but at the same time it's making it impossible for privateers to run the cars.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3491660)   #304
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don´t know if manufacture´s want this possible solution but ( or if this is even possible) … why not rent their 1 year old cars without the hybrid system!!!!!
Old 10 Jan 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3491662)   #305
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe time to change this thread name to CLM ByKolles LMP1 (was Lotus), or something equally catchy.

And I agree that we absolutely need privateers to be having a go, however hopeless their cause. The old cycle has started whereby manufacturer interest is raised enough for more to become involved, which means more contenders for a finite number of podium places, which means more money is thrown at the problem (which may be exacerbated by the open powertrain regs we have now), until one board, then another says this is costing too much, and they pull out.

In short, lets enjoy this while it's here because the next couple of years could be classics.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3491663)   #306
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
I don´t know if manufacture´s want this possible solution but ( or if this is even possible) … why not rent their 1 year old cars without the hybrid system!!!!!
Because
A) Forcing manufacturers to do so by law would be immensely stupid and impossible to work out
B) The hybrid systems are probably now so heavily integrated to the cars that running without them wouldn't really work
C) Most likely the new cars even without hybrids would still be much more expensive/difficult to run than ex 908, R10 etc

Anyway as I say time after time, allowing P1 privateers back to ELMS would help immensely. Their presence in WEC atm is pointless apart from LM
Old 10 Jan 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3491666)   #307
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
There are no magic solution´s… let´s enjoy while we can
Old 10 Jan 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3491696)   #308
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Private teams should have help from the rule makers. Not just in the balance, but maybe in the form of partnership from some entity involved with the wec. Maybe Michelin, maybe dhl, something along those lines.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3494528)   #309
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC saying that the prospects of Dunlop in LMP1 are extremely low so I guess this thing, if it turns up, is gonna be equipped with boring ol' Mics after all

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Jan 2015 at 17:39.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3494552)   #310
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why wont this team share any info. Shame on them. It is very annoying. I hope they were a tenth of the team rebellion racing is.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3494610)   #311
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No team is "sharing information". Porsche just put some pictures up, Nissan's were spy shots, Audi is silent, Toyota only tweeted they completed a test at Paul Ricard, Rebellion havent confirmed their engine choice... theres probably nothing to share
Old 21 Jan 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3494800)   #312
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Why wont this team share any info. Shame on them. It is very annoying. I hope they were a tenth of the team rebellion racing is.
Perhaps they have reasons to stay quiet in the shadow. Starting from where is the money coming from. It only takes ten seconds to crush a man's ambitions.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3495136)   #313
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.bykolles.at/press/bykolle...lease_22.1.pdf
Old 22 Jan 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3495147)   #314
Deleted
Veteran

Yellow, black and grey livery? Ugh.

But it sounds more promising otherwise. Weight reduction was a must after that ridiculous 75kg issue, and it seems like they overcomed it (to what extent though, to the real privateer minimum kg?). And there seem to be other big upgrades as well.

Even if this wasn't THAT englightening, this one press release probably still had more info coming from them than during the whole 2014

Not holding my breath for second car though, wasn't mentioned either. Guess just single entry for all races
Old 22 Jan 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3495152)   #315
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Great to hear news from the team at all! Sounds like progress has been made in the offseason, but I did notice no drivers were announced. Which, is actually probably not a bad thing because the press release didn't sound like an advert for drivers either.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3495184)   #316
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reasons to be optimistic then. Good luck to them.

I don't think that combination of colours sounds bad at all.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 16:41 (Ref:3495191)   #317
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Reasons to be optimistic then. Good luck to them.

I don't think that combination of colours sounds bad at all.
Agreed, happy it's not another white based livery.

And very happy that it seems like there will at least be a bit of competition among P1 privateers again this year!
Old 22 Jan 2015, 16:54 (Ref:3495194)   #318
Deleted
Veteran

I'm fine with yellow and black if used imaginatively, grey's just a color that's so... grey Also those are very close to tones of the 'Lotus' sponsorship.

Speaking of that, since that useless sponsorship-rebranding is finally over, shouldn't the title of this thread be changed as well? Either Kodewa LMP1 or Kolles LMP1 me thinks?
Old 22 Jan 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3495212)   #319
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Speaking of that, since that useless sponsorship-rebranding is finally over, shouldn't the title of this thread be changed as well? Either Kodewa LMP1 or Kolles LMP1 me thinks?
The thread formerly known as Lotus has been renamed!
Old 22 Jan 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3495235)   #320
TF110
Veteran

United States
Black, gray and yellow are a lot better than another white, red and black. We dont need another WV Group color clone, thats for sure!
Old 24 Jan 2015, 00:28 (Ref:3495829)   #321
fefe
Rookie

fefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this on a Russian FIA WEC page (vk.com) similar to facebook.

http://vk.com/fia_wec?w=wall-34736350_44394

Translation:
"new "Lotus" CLM P1 / 01 sample 2015 show before the start of the Prologue at Paul Ricard in March. From this year the team will be named ByKOLLES Racing and its nothing more will communicate with Lotus, ie all references to the Lotus go down in history. The prototype will be referred to simply as CLM P1 / 01. Pilots will be called later. Photo hints at new livery? "

Bigger pic: http://cs624420.vk.me/v624420697/171db/7xYi-VQxZI8.jpg
Old 24 Jan 2015, 04:17 (Ref:3495857)   #322
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Can't see the Sacred Monster Christophe Bouchut returning after the Fuji Fireball.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3495910)   #323
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i do hope they manage to get all the finance/logistics sorted and are able to race in the WEC but i must admit to still having doubts about this team what ever it is now called
Old 24 Jan 2015, 10:42 (Ref:3495931)   #324
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the 4th year of Kolles in WEC in a row and I cant remember they missed a single race because of funding. Where are you concerns coming from?
Old 24 Jan 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3496018)   #325
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If Prodrive come .... they will want to run for a win .... not a chance of a podium .