Old 27 Dec 2004, 01:04 (Ref:1188211)   #1
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOCA Race Driver 2

Santa bought me this great game for the PS2

The Formula Ford racing is brilliant fun and can be played online!

Just make sure you drive for team KQ as this car's graphics are the only non fictional - Barry Pomfret Motorsport - Barry I think I owe you 200 Van Dieman RF98 wishbones

Do you know what the history behind the picture on the cover is? Looks like an old FF2000 is about to take out a RF98, all the other cars in the photo are RF98s which is the only car you can drive so seems odd to use that photo as attention to detail is amazing.

John

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 27 Dec 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1188311)   #2
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cover photograph is a picture of me at Pembrey, the tyre smoking car is Erwin Smeich in a Reynard and the green car is John Moore in his RF 96. When Codemasters used my car for the game they asked if I had any pictures, I put them in touch with Steve Jones and he sent them a selection of shots but they eventually chose a F4 race photo., hence the interloping Reynard with wings!
Old 27 Dec 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1188566)   #3
gadgit
Racer

gadgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH dear, whats this doing on a grown up site then !!

Gadgit.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 11:47 (Ref:1188775)   #4
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got a copy of Toca Race Driver 2 myself for my PC

It's the nuts............

Lot cheaper than the real thing too. I might just stay up till 4 every morning playing this........... Or maybe not.

Old 28 Dec 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1189090)   #5
swift
Racer

swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The attention to detail is amazing: the way the car goes light over Deer Leap and Water Tower is fantastic. There's even the marks on the armco in the dip after Lodge where Pikey hit it last May! Only joking Alan!

My only problem is getting a look in whilst my 7 year old son Christopher is about. Every time I try and get some "secret" practice in, he walks in, picks up the control and kicks my ass!

Anyway, he's says his done with formula ford now, he's moved onto to German Touring Cars instead. I don't know; kids, eh?
Old 28 Dec 2004, 22:41 (Ref:1189099)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must be the only person who doesn't think much of this game, I think it's a bit arcadey. Looks really nice, but in places it just doesn't feel realistic... but then what do I know?

I prefer GTR, GPL or SCC myself.
Old 31 Dec 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1190714)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love the game. A shame no BTCC.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1191845)   #8
Werewolf
Racer

Werewolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got it for Crimbo myself.maybe we should all race online.Damn sight cheaper than all the repair bills.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1191928)   #9
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I got this game off the missus just before Christmas. Only played it once, a bit frustrated that I can't go straight on to the formula fords. Does anyone out there know the so call "cheats" so that I can get passed all of the boring cars and straight on to the interesting stuff.

I guess it's just me.....I have no patience for computer games.....never had and never will.

Give me the real thing any day...and sod the repair bills. (Anyone interested in sponsoring me?......ha ha ha ha)

Happy New Year.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1191942)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here you go, heel'n'toe-no! (ooh, a rhyme! )
http://www.gamewinners.com/trainer.p...driver2chg.zip
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1192933)   #11
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to give this one a miss after the previous offering which I found somewhat dull after the original BTCC versions (and the whole career thing just annoyed me).

But having seen the comments on here (and not knowing the variety of racing included in the game) I caved in and picked up a copy for the playstation, and I have to say I have no regrets - thoroughly enjoyable! Thanks guys!
Old 4 Jan 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1192941)   #12
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by heel'n'toe-no
I got this game off the missus just before Christmas. Only played it once, a bit frustrated that I can't go straight on to the formula fords. Does anyone out there know the so call "cheats" so that I can get passed all of the boring cars and straight on to the interesting stuff.

I guess it's just me.....I have no patience for computer games.....never had and never will.

Give me the real thing any day...and sod the repair bills. (Anyone interested in sponsoring me?......ha ha ha ha)

Happy New Year.
You don't have to play for too long to get onto the FFords, but even so it's annoying to have to play through stuff you don't necessarily want to... it's an interesting career path to say the least!
Old 4 Jan 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1193083)   #13
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Here you go, heel'n'toe-no! (ooh, a rhyme! )
http://www.gamewinners.com/trainer.p...driver2chg.zip
Thanks for the web address, maybe now I can get driving a FFord around Oulton Park and get some practice in on the Silverstone GP circuit.....Cheers
Old 11 Jan 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1198563)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The one cheat it doesn't give is the 'any car on any circuit' cheat. I know it exists, and I've seen it done online, but I can only find the cheat for the X-Box and I need it for the PC. Anybody got any good ideas?

Thanks.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1198589)   #15
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://cheats.gamespy.com/pc-cheats/race-driver-2/ or http://www.cheatheaven.co.uk/pc-chea...acedriver2.htm but i think its CHAMPS but dont quote me on that

Hope these help " Woolley"
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1199305)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, pitcrew, although I've got those. The one I'm looking for is where you can race DTM on Brands Indy or FFord at Bathurst - ie, not the alotted tracks for those series. I only realized you could when I was online and a DTM championship took me to Barbagello. Lots of Fun.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1212101)   #17
adampio
Rookie

England
Buckinham
adampio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the game!!!!!!!
shame theres no btcc or FORMULA 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Jan 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1212155)   #18
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Thanks, pitcrew, although I've got those. The one I'm looking for is where you can race DTM on Brands Indy or FFord at Bathurst - ie, not the alotted tracks for those series. I only realized you could when I was online and a DTM championship took me to Barbagello. Lots of Fun.
are you sure its a cheat and not a server mod or something ????
Old 28 Jan 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1212158)   #19
ned-jr
Rookie

United Kingdom
rainham, essex
ned-jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you are looking for some good cheats try www.ign.com they normally have what you want