Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2010, 06:43 (Ref:2728863)   #201
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well heres the simple facts of the matter, Alonso attempts to pass Kubica, Kubica defends, Alonso cuts the corner, Alonso gains a place, Team told to give place back, Alonso refuses, Alonso gets penalty.

The thing is it doesn't matter why he cut the track he still cut it and gained an advantage.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2728980)   #202
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
Your assumption is based on what exactly?

If all the facts were considered, then why was the symptom addressed and not the cause?
Because it is entirely possible that the stewards, having considered all the information, disagreed with your and Ferrari's point of view and felt Alonso had gained the position unfairly.

And my assumption is based on the fact that we have professionals in this sport who are, presumably, doing their jobs more or less as they should be done. As well as an ex-driver to assist. Given that they are professionals, it is perfectly reasonable to assume they took all the facts available to them into consideration when making a judgement.

Or do you think the stewards are just 12 year olds pulling penalties out of a hat?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2729011)   #203
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I really don't care who it is... as long as they have commonsense (yes, that word again).
Common sense is two words.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2729025)   #204
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I really don't care who it is... as long as they have commonsense (yes, that word again).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Common sense is two words.
There's no need to split hairs, .
Old 19 Jul 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2729133)   #205
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridshelter View Post
Going by how fast Alonso was zooming off, and how much time he was making up over Kubica after the pass, for what would have been an obvious penalty (in my mind) if he didn't give the place back - my immediate assumption was that Aonso was tryng to build a big enough gap that he could sereve the penalty, and still rejoin ahead of RK's Renault...

Which would have proved his point about Valencia quite nicely, had the safety car not come out at exactly the wrong moment....

That was my reading of events - so I'm not surprised he was fuming...
Welcome to Ten-Tenths, aridshelter.

That argument doesn't hold up if, when he realised he was likely to get a penalty, he was closer to Kubica on track-time than he was far enough away that the time lost taking a penalty would be even more than to slow down.

How far did he ever get away from Kubica?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2729196)   #206
aridshelter
Rookie

aridshelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Welcome to Ten-Tenths, aridshelter.

That argument doesn't hold up if, when he realised he was likely to get a penalty, he was closer to Kubica on track-time than he was far enough away that the time lost taking a penalty would be even more than to slow down.

How far did he ever get away from Kubica?
Thanks!

He was lapping about a second and a half quicker than Kubica after he passed him, so I imediately felt he was going for it and hoping the stewards would take long enough (aided by his team petitioning them) for him to prove the point - If we go for 20 seconds lost for a drive through, he could make that up if the decision took 14 laps...

I've had a dig about to find the timings (here) and it actually looks like the difference is due to the Renault lapling slower (presumably due to its problem), rather than Nando stepping on it - which I thought as I watched it - this certainly gives more credence to the 'my idea is stupid' theroy...