Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Feb 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3615170)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Steve Palmer

Just heard some truly awful news as I got home from work that former multiple British champion Steve Palmer has died of the dreaded cancer.

My early rallycross days I watched this guy clean up and make driving a 6R4 look effortless and easy, a true top driver in Europe too and a very sad day to find another hero of my youth leaving too soon.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3615250)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sorry to here that, Steve was also a decent trials and motocross rider who I raced with before he went to Rallycross , Rip Steve
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Feb 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3615293)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think also that Syeve was party responsible for Brodie Branch racing, and maybe even Guy Williams getting a Metro, they were all good friends.

Such a sad loss, for me actually the most gifted Metro driver, the way he drove Lydden was poetry in motion, just one long drift. Praps not the fastest, not the best cars, but he was a real artist.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3615515)   #4
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good grief, that is bad news. I'm very sorry to hear that!

I missed the opportunity to meet him at Lydden last year as he saw three of his 6R4s in my model display at the WRX round at Lydden and wanted to speak with me about them, I think to have one or more made for himself. I'd wanted to meet him anyway (despite the old addage 'don't meet your heros') as each of my rallycross heros I have met have turned out to be great folks.

RIP Steve, Steve.