Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2712883)   #1
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your Formula One drivers?

So, there's currently 24 race seats in Formula One.
In your opinion, which drivers should be in them?
Old 16 Jun 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2713387)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd put Romain Grosjean back in, if only. To ser what he can so. He never got much of a crack of the whip with no testing. All the drivers there are good though.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 21:29 (Ref:2713390)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Pastor Maldonado get a shot in F1, if only for entertainment value. He's got the pace, and could actually be a revelation.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2713407)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I rather think that the drivers in them are doing a pretty good job. This field has to be one of the strongest in many years.

That said, the only driver I really think shouldn't be there is de la Rosa - he's not helped by a slow car, but I don't recall him being particularly special when he was younger, so he wasn't exactly going to be a revelation after so many years as a test driver. But on the plus side for him, he's nowhere near as slow as Badoer, so every cloud and all that...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Jun 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2713722)   #5
Whosyermon
Rookie

United States
The Oil Coast of Florida
Whosyermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I've been suggesting this for years... but it's `bout time I got my seat in a formula one car.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2714011)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see Adam Carroll in F1, and I share Born Racer's view about Grosjean.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2714047)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Agree about Adam Carroll, but not about Grosjean.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2714070)   #8
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf. I really miss those crazy pile-ups, you never knew who's gonna make it through the first corner. That was exciting racing!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2714201)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Nguyen. Remember people raving about him in f3000 back in 2002.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2714215)   #10
Hf_Integrale
Rookie

Romania
Brasov, Romania
Hf_Integrale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marco Ardigo, karting legend!
www.marcoardigo.it
Old 18 Jun 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2714320)   #11
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Ralf's Girl;2713407]I rather think that the drivers in them are doing a pretty good job. This field has to be one of the strongest in many years.
QUOTE]
I'll go a long with this. Very fair assessment RG.

I tend to agree also with comments on PDR.
Which brings up, which drivers may be changed before the end of the season. Chandock has already been mentioned, as a possible candidate, due to non-materialisation of promised funds, not poor driving.
'Beam it down Scotty'

So far it's been a mighty interesting season.

P
Old 18 Jun 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2714325)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Did any new guy in the past couple of years spin as much as Grosjean, though?

Selby
Old 18 Jun 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2714329)   #13
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Did any new guy in the past couple of years spin as much as Grosjean, though?

Selby
Not accidentally
Old 18 Jun 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2714557)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Esteban Guerrieri at a glance! At least an one-race seat.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2714652)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nick Heidfeld, tbh.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2714661)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I agree about Esteban Guerrieri. He and Adam Carroll would be my choices. With hindsight I think they would have done better than Kobayashi.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2714673)   #17
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anything, I'd like to see what Kobayashi could do in a Force India. He clearly is a great talent, as was shown in 2009. The main issue is the woeful car he's got.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2714687)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is one of the strongest grids in F1 history. Chandhok didn't look good enough before he started, but he's performed very well under the circumstances. Senna and di Grassi haven't shone yet, but both have shown potential. Kobayashi is a bit more debatable, as is de la Rosa - I don't know how much financial difference it made to have him over Heidfeld, but I hope it was a lot. Grosjean deserves another chance, as does Adam Carroll. I hope Perez gets a chance in 2011, he's looked awesome in GP2 just as he did in inferior machinery in British F3.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2715288)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nick Heidfeld- absolutely. Brings the car home undramatically, an under-rated racer and scores big points.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2715314)   #20
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica Patrick. Would be nice to see a woman making the sport fair. And as women are the "better" drivers i think she would wipe the floor with the guys out there now.....

Old 20 Jun 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2715366)   #21
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, like Stoddart or Ickx in DTM. Great success! I'm getting sick of people promoting women or other perceived discriminated people just because of that perception. Anybody noticed there's a disturbing lack of blind people in F1?
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2715486)   #22
Hf_Integrale
Rookie

Romania
Brasov, Romania
Hf_Integrale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point, pannenmann!

You can't drive a race car by marketing means only! Look at that small polish girl in F2! My God!

By the way... what about Palmer and Marinescu from F2? Real fighters! Would love to see them race F1 one day!
Old 21 Jun 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2715671)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Nick Heidfeld- absolutely. Brings the car home undramatically, an under-rated racer and scores big points.
Yep, have to agree with that. Maybe he'll be in a Mercedes sooner rather than later...
Old 21 Jun 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2715893)   #24
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree about Nick, Caroll and Grosjean. Probably for DLR, Kobayashi and (controversially) TGF.

Also very close are Ant and Di Resta.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2716040)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannenmann View Post
Yeah, like Stoddart or Ickx in DTM. Great success! I'm getting sick of people promoting women or other perceived discriminated people just because of that perception. Anybody noticed there's a disturbing lack of blind people in F1?
May have been an element of tongue in cheek?