Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2716048)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Heidfeld is solid but uninspiring. Can't say I miss him.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2716050)   #27
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd send away:

Trulli - He's had his time
Petrov - He's gotten quite good with all that experience but was never a real talent. He'll always do fine but there's loads better drivers out there.
Chandhok - I really like him and he's done better than I thought he would, but still.
Senna - Never thought he had that extra edge. Glad he got to F1, would like to see him get a year in say Force India.
di Grassi - Another guy I'm happy got a chance in F1, but there's better people available.
Buemi - Always been reasonable but never blown away by him.

And MAYBE Kobayashi and PDLR, but that's a bit unfair at this point in time. I've been longing to see PDLR back in a race seat, and Koba deserved a season for his deeds in his two races last year. Maybe I should send away Schumi, too.

So I'd add the following six:
Adam Carroll
Neel Jani
Franck Montagny
Danny Watts
Nick Heidfeld
Paul di Resta

If I've got three more slots:
Anthony Davidson
Gary Paffett
Esteban Guerrieri

Tristan Gommendy and Álvaro Parente are two others, but there's only so many spots. Maybe Parente can be one of the three.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 02:16 (Ref:2716120)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
How easy it is to *write off* drivers from the comfort of your front room, or wherever you are at the moment..
Old 1 Jul 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2720598)   #29
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These drivers i'd like to see in F1 at some point...

Ricciardo
Carroll
Albers
Heidfeld
Marco Andretti
Charles Pic
Van Der Garde
Aj Allmendinger
Old 1 Jul 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2720939)   #30
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YesI'd go with Danica and Nick Heidfeld without question. Would love to see Danica out there that's for sure. I like her fiery competitive spirit, and Nick, well what more does one say, why he isn't in F1 is beyond me.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2720963)   #31
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with Danica is that although she would be a PR dream she is rubbish at driving a car round a track with corners going both ways...
Old 2 Jul 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2721192)   #32
Whosyermon
Rookie

United States
The Oil Coast of Florida
Whosyermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprobane View Post
The problem with Danica is that although she would be a PR dream she is rubbish at driving a car round a track with corners going both ways...
Funny thing about that is that all the hype surrounding Danica prior to her showing up in Indy cars was that the twisties were her specialty. So it didn't worry us much when she seemed unprepared at Homestead but then she showed up at St. Petersburg and couldn't get around her teammate Buddy Rice. I asked the guy next to me in Grandstand 10... "Well gee, what do you suppose is her specialty??

My buddy pulled Danica's signed Maxim issue out of his backpack...

There's just something wrong about the American flag being your tramp stamp.
Old 6 Jul 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2722416)   #33
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come on, we all know she's not as good as her more rabid fans think, and not as bad as her detractors suggest - as always, the truth is in the middle.

For my suggestion of who to chuck out of F1 I'm not going to suggest the obvious candidates (they've already been mentioned), but I've never been truely convinced by Nico Rosberg.
How about that for left field?
Old 6 Jul 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2722420)   #34
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
These drivers i'd like to see in F1 at some point...

Ricciardo
Carroll
Albers
Heidfeld
Marco Andretti
Charles Pic
Van Der Garde
Aj Allmendinger
Surprising, I hear he has an incredible lack of technical knowledge. I'd he'd be quite the failure in F1 even if he had stayed in open wheel.

Also funny that you'd go with Andretti, and not Graham, but that's probably just my bias.
Old 6 Jul 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2722459)   #35
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Surprising, I hear he has an incredible lack of technical knowledge. I'd he'd be quite the failure in F1 even if he had stayed in open wheel.

Also funny that you'd go with Andretti, and not Graham, but that's probably just my bias.
I think Marco is a lot better than what his results show. I his Indycar career he has 1 win, but really it could easily of been 6 or 8, even this year he could of won twice but got very unlucky. He has been unlucky, but i think hes very talented and i think he could make it in F1.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 00:00 (Ref:2723309)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Come on, we all know she's not as good as her more rabid fans think, and not as bad as her detractors suggest - as always, the truth is in the middle.

For my suggestion of who to chuck out of F1 I'm not going to suggest the obvious candidates (they've already been mentioned), but I've never been truely convinced by Nico Rosberg.
How about that for left field?
That's pretty far to the left of the field. This is the man who is beating one Michael Schumacher. Would you really get rid of him?
Old 8 Jul 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2723475)   #37
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ needs repping in F1 again. There was Hulme, Amon and McLaren but Sweet FA since the 70's.
Always wanted Dixon to have a crack, but that ship has long sailed.
Heartley could be next....
Earl Bamber has potential, he just needs some backing to move on up through the ranks.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2723502)   #38
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Hartley's next in line for the boot at Red Bull unless he pulls a mammoth rabbit out of the hat to end the season.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2723513)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don't get me started on hartley, he's gifted but spends a lot of time doing daft things or just being average. he should have been out last year, vergne would have done a very good f3/fr3.5 dual campaign. ricciardo will be very interesting indeed in a couple of years time, and so long as vergne doesn't fall off in the same way hartley did he'll be well worth a watch.

i'd like to suggest albert costa as a random suggestion. he's just what f1 needs from a personality point of view, and he's a good little talent too.

bianchi would be good i think, but only after he's learnt to keep a handle on the crazy.

guerrieri is a class driver, but i think his peak would be gp2. with so many years of top racing behind him it's no wonder he's doing well in formula renault 3.5.

out of the current ones i'd like to see the back of de la rosa and trulli. i think everyone's being harsh about petrov - the kid doesn't stand a chance with kubica turning the renault into his personal f1 car, all he can do is take whats been built around kubica and try and drive it. no wonder he's spending a lot of time picking the gravel out of his race boots.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2728063)   #40
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd remove Liuzzi at the end of the season. He's been poor and has had enough chances.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2730136)   #41
calloforion
Rookie

England
London
calloforion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My 24 (+2 extras for next year)
Hamilton
Button
Schumacher
Rosberg
Vettle
Webber
Alonso
Massa
Barrichello
Hulkenburg
Sutil
De Resta
Kubica
Raikonnen
Buimi (sp?)
Algusuari (sp?)
Kobayashi
Carroll
Kovalinen
Paffet
Glock
Di Grassi
Senna
Sato
Grosjean (sp?)
Heidfeld
Old 21 Jul 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2730396)   #42
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, I'd love to see what Will Power could do...

I have watched him ever since Australian Formula Fords, and I knew he was good... but this year has shown him to be incredible.

Considering he was in hospital with a broken back and no drive less than a year ago, to see him as a runaway Indycar championship leader against some quality opposition just a short time later is one of the great motorsport stories of the year.

Let's not forget he duked it out pretty competitively with Kubica in his World Series Renault days... I think he'd do a pretty handy job.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2730424)   #43
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Hartley's next in line for the boot at Red Bull unless he pulls a mammoth rabbit out of the hat to end the season.
Damn, he didn't even get to the end of the season.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2730650)   #44
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Considering he was in hospital with a broken back and no drive less than a year ago, to see him as a runaway Indycar championship leader against some quality opposition just a short time later is one of the great motorsport stories of the year.
He's still got to prove that he can drive around in circles better then everyone else. He's proved he can turn left and right better then everyone else this year though. Go Will!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Jul 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2730942)   #45
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Personally, I'd love to see what Will Power could do...

I have watched him ever since Australian Formula Fords, and I knew he was good... but this year has shown him to be incredible.

Let's not forget he duked it out pretty competitively with Kubica in his World Series Renault days... I think he'd do a pretty handy job.
+1. Same with Ryan Briscoe, even though he was Toyota test driver for a while, never got to properly show his stuff in F1 hence why he left for America.

I would absolutely love to see Montoya back.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2731581)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would retire Schumacher, and put him out to pasture. I would likely drop Senna (but keep Chandhok because he is such an awesome all round likeable guy, and F1 needs at least one of them). Algaealphabet doesnt impress me too much (although he is improving I have to admit.) Petrov is learning and improving...

I would bring back Raikkonen, Klien and Heidfeld for starters.

Thats off the top of my head.... others I would need to think about after a beer or two.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2732992)   #47
Ssom
Rookie

Ssom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd probably drop De La Rosa, Trulli, Petrov (How is this guy any better than Piquet Jr?), Alguersuari and Liuzzi.

Hulkenberg has bucketloads of talent, but I'm also unconvinced by his performances this year, so he can have a stay of execution.

I'm personally reserving all judgement of Senna and Chandhock, as I feel they've done well in this seasons car and would like to see them in a competitive one.

Drivers I'd like to see in F1:
- Maldonado - Very impressive this year, deserves a shot.
- Heidfeld - Probably only out of F1 by TGF's sudden return.
- Hartley - Results haven't been good, but his driving is exciting and what F1 needs.
- Bianchi - Is seriously quick, also an exciting driver to watch
- Perez - This guy is definitely a case of when not if.
- Guerrieri - Probably would already be there if he had the funding
- Carrol - See above.