Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2726306)   #76
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Kimi coming back. He was tired and fed-up with all the politics that came with F1 and it showed at times. Ok he's probably missing the buzz of sticking a F1 car into a corner like Copse, but he's probably getting a bigger buzz out of going slower but in a more relaxed atmosphere.

If Kimi were to of come back to F1, then I would of said he could of been Red Bull bound due to them fitting in with Kimi's relaxed/partying attitude. But with what's been going on there recently then I can't see that happening.

As much as I like Kimi, his attitude for the least few years was his downfall, where you never knew what incarnation of him would turn up from one race to another. After Massa's injury last year, it seemed to reinvigorate him in a car that had its development stopped for the year, but it was too little too late.

Why would a team pay mega bucks for Raikkonen's up and down performance when you could have a young charger who will turn up at every event?
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2727094)   #77
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It looks like Kimi is staying in rallying, for next year at least. I think it's the sensible choice because this is a learning year and would be wasted if he didn't stick with it through 2011.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2727102)   #78
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think I'll have to start watching rallying. I miss the guy.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2727211)   #79
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Ditto.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2727337)   #80
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mean to sound sarcastic, this is a genuine question.
Does Kimi comunicate more with the TV cameras in rallying?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2727357)   #81
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yes, much more. He's more relaxed, everything is new and interesting and he doesn't have to answer the same inane questions all the time.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2727465)   #82
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Yes, much more. He's more relaxed, everything is new and interesting and he doesn't have to answer the same inane questions all the time.
You mean like..

"how does driving a WRC Rally car compare to a Formula 1 car.."

or

"What is more difficult phisically to compete in F1 or WRC.."

He has been asked that BS so many times, but overall he does seem more interested in the Press/Media.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2727862)   #83
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Old 17 Jul 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2727983)   #84
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Why not watch a few rallys? You should soon get your answer.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2728509)   #85
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Now there's something wrong in F1.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2728752)   #86
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Now there's something wrong in F1.
Yes, Kimi's not there!
Old 20 Jul 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2729606)   #87
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Why not watch a few rallys? You should soon get your answer.
Honestly??
Since Lancia retired from front line rallying, I have had no interest in the sport at all. Maybe it's Italian bias I don't know.
I watch MotoGP and used to watch WSBK, but not because Ducati is involved but because Carl Fogarty was awesome to watch and since 2000 Rossi has been monumental. In fact I stopped watching MotoGP when he broke his leg and when I read he was back I tuned in again.
It's a complex issue.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2729631)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Honestly??
Since Lancia retired from front line rallying, I have had no interest in the sport at all. Maybe it's Italian bias I don't know.
I watch MotoGP and used to watch WSBK, but not because Ducati is involved but because Carl Fogarty was awesome to watch and since 2000 Rossi has been monumental. In fact I stopped watching MotoGP when he broke his leg and when I read he was back I tuned in again.
It's a complex issue.
I would have thought it was straight forward; turn on the tv and watch.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2729704)   #89
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Honestly??
It's a complex issue.
Doesn't sound too complex. Sounds patriotic.