3 2 2.44%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2724849)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : British GP

Rate the race...
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2724855)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5. A bit Meh.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2724864)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Six, for the final comment by Webber.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2724874)   #4
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great response from Webber, and some good battles down the field as well, that actually got coverage for once.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2724882)   #5
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

purely for the recovery drives from both Vettel and Button

Great race

and great Win for mark Webber
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2724889)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it 4. The race seemed to lack something after Vettel's bad start and subsequent puncture; I was looking forward to a good battle amongst the front runners, however it was not to be.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2724890)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8. I though it was another good race. Close battles throughout the field.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2724891)   #8
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7. Not a bad race!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2724912)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
8 - I thought a lot of good battles (for a variety of reasons ) throughout the field,

Obviously Vettel being out of contention took something out of it, and after that the result wasn't really in doubt, but I never felt bored....
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2724916)   #10
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i gave it an 8 by mistake, as i was intending to give it a 7.

The track changes really worked, and i thought there were good, interesting battles the whole race throughout the field.

a bit miffed about the alonso incident, (aside from being somewhat unjust) as i feel that robbed us of some extra excitement in battling for the top spots. He probably had at least the pace to challenge hamilton for 2nd.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2724928)   #11
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
11-as good as it gets (because of the circumstances)
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2724941)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
7 - Great start, interesting battles in the midfield. Fairly entertaining.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2724952)   #13
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 - good battles in the midfields, nice recovery drives by Button and Vettel (and Alsonso tried too). Some drama, Webber being funny in a sad kind of way, Merc's (and Rosbergs) good result. Alonso being given a real punishment he wanted the FIA to dish out.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2724967)   #14
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 6 from me, not the best or most exciting, but I like the track changes and as mentioned there were some good mid-field battles.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2725071)   #15
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good enough race for an 7 but the extra 3 marks get added as i was on the grid at the start of the race and the vibrations from those cars on the rev limiter is boneshakingly epic and i had a generally awesome weekend marshalling on the startline
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2725073)   #16
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7 from me. Marshalled for the first time at a gp (Aintree & Wellington Straight) and was entertained throughout-now to watch the tv coverage!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2725086)   #17
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Without Vettel and Alonso being out of position it would have been the usual Silverstone bore. I'm afraid the circuit changes have done little to improve the show.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2725165)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
7 from me, but it was close to being an 8. All the top 6 drivers drove really well and I confess to schadenfreude where Vettel was concerned.

The coverage of the battles down the field was also good.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2725178)   #19
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7, good spread of battles and some overtaking.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:43 (Ref:2725222)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7. Totally amazed that more cars didn't start sheding parts.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2725276)   #21
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rate it a 7. It had more overtakings than what we're used to when it comes to Silverstone, but still not alot. I liked the new layout and the bumpy surface. Also the crowd seemed to be exceptional, I just loved the way they genuinely congratulated Webber when he stepped outside of the car after winning, rarely you'll see the crowd appreciating a winner like that when he just beat the two home favorites. Great crowd.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2725299)   #22
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Also the crowd seemed to be exceptional, I just loved the way they genuinely congratulated Webber when he stepped outside of the car after winning, rarely you'll see the crowd appreciating a winner like that when he just beat the two home favorites. Great crowd.

I agree. The noise the fans made during the driver's parade was astonishing. Amazingly, there were 85,000 through the gate on Friday. Puts places like Turkey to shame.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2725304)   #23
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Can't decide between a 7 or 8, but i'll go conservative.

The new section really added something for me. It clearly provided a couple of overtaking opportunities (once again, the drivers were proved wrong ). Some good drives, namely Webber, Vettel, Button, Hamilton, and Rosberg (not forgetting Kobayashi and Barrichello, too!). As nice as Bridge/Priory was, it literally offered nothing for overtaking, the same as the rest of the circuit. Sticking this Turkey esque set of hairpins have proven that it has what it takes for modern-day F1 overtaking. Shame the new section isn't decorated a little more, it did look like a little untidy (being purely picky and asthetic here!).

But I really enjoyed it. I'd also like to try commentating (on a side note!). I actually made my girlfriend jump on many different occasions during the opening laps from shouting with excitement. For some reason, I desperately feel the need to commentate on the opening laps! I might have to record one some time

Selby
Old 12 Jul 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2725327)   #24
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Between a 7 and 8 for me. The new layout seemed to work although I prefer the old version and miss Bridge.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2725447)   #25
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8. Not too shabby. New layout has proven itself in my eyes as a good circuit, FIA GT, MotoGP, and now F1 (which unlike the other two, usually has boring races) all had good races. Yes the old layout is classic but this is good. I didn't particulary like all the huge gravel traps and pavement where lush green grass used to be, but whatever.