Chandhok 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2724996)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi is impressive. I think I've become a Kobayashi fan.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2725004)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rosberg.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2725009)   #28
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Webber was expected to win once Vettel shot himself in the foot.

DOTD is a tough one with several guys outperforming their cars.

I'll give it to Mr Rosberg.
It was Hamilton who shot Vettel into the foot. He caused Vettels puncture. Therefore it has to be Hamilton. First he ruins the race of one of his main contenders at the start and then sets off to a steady drive in 2nd position.

Oh and Hamiltons car was only a dog on friday when they tried new parts. Then Macca quickly returned to the old setup from valencia. Nothing honourable there except that Hamilton was able to move his car as fast as he did in Valencia as well
Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2725012)   #29
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Kobayashi is impressive. I think I've become a Kobayashi fan.
Me too.

His drives in Valencia and Silverstone were superb. If he can keep putting performances like this he'll become the best driver ever to come from Japan.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2725016)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
It was Hamilton who shot Vettel into the foot. He caused Vettels puncture. Therefore it has to be Hamilton. First he ruins the race of one of his main contenders at the start and then sets off to a steady drive in 2nd position.

Oh and Hamiltons car was only a dog on friday when they tried new parts. Then Macca quickly returned to the old setup from valencia. Nothing honourable there except that Hamilton was able to move his car as fast as he did in Valencia as well
Let's face it Vettel didn't get the best of starts and Webber got the jump on him and Hamilton puncturing Vettel's right rear tyre was unfortunate.

Well good for McLaren being able to turn the car round, just a shame they couldn't quite get it right for Jenson.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2725022)   #31
Andy77
Veteran

When Hamilton a couple races ago drove from almost back end to a top ten position tahnks to lucky circumstances almost all people here celebrated him as the new racing god in person. Now Vettel does a similar stunt and he is not even getting a honourable mention.

I am sorry but I can't take it serious what especially here in F1 Forum gets made up at times
Old 11 Jul 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2725025)   #32
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Difficult one...gave it to Vettel for his recovery drive.....
I'm almost inclined to give it to him for buggering up the first corner. Made my day. Is there any sweeter sight than Vettel getting stuffed? No, thought not.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2725026)   #33
Draco
Rookie

Draco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All top 6 drivers.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2725039)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
I'm almost inclined to give it to him for buggering up the first corner. Made my day. Is there any sweeter sight than Vettel getting stuffed? No, thought not.
He certainly made a hash of it; he seemed very impetuous, not collected at all like Webber.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2725052)   #35
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now Vettel does a similar stunt and he is not even getting a honourable mention.
Probably because he was incredibly lucky with the safety car? That was quite literally worth 60+ seconds on track for him. He drove well after that though, I agree!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2725060)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobyashi Button Rosberg and Vettel. Little to chose between them all.

Webber doesnt even get on the voting slip, for being a whingeing sook all weekend. It detracted too much from his actual driving for me. Ungrateful git should be happy to have the chance to compete in a car thats 0.5 - 1 second/lap faster than the opposition. In the right hands.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2725062)   #37
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Probably because he was incredibly lucky with the safety car? That was quite literally worth 60+ seconds on track for him. He drove well after that though, I agree!
I am not saying Vettel was unlucky. I was comparing Vettels luck with the sc to Hamiltons usual luck. And at that point I simply wonder why Hamiltons luck then receives the dotd award and vettel on a similar instance doesnt even get a honourable mention
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2725067)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When Hamilton a couple races ago drove from almost back end to a top ten position tahnks to lucky circumstances almost all people here celebrated him as the new racing god in person. Now Vettel does a similar stunt and he is not even getting a honourable mention.

I am sorry but I can't take it serious what especially here in F1 Forum gets made up at times

It's OK mate, nobody takes you seriously either.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2725087)   #39
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Perhaps best you not bother with the forum then? Everyone has a right to their opinion. Yours would be that had LH had to stop mid race and rescue a kitten from the middle of the track, then fight his way back up from last to 5th place, he'd still be a cheating git. Or something.

Last edited by JamesH; 11 Jul 2010 at 20:41. Reason: Thought of something to do with kittens.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2725089)   #40
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I am not saying Vettel was unlucky. I was comparing Vettels luck with the sc to Hamiltons usual luck. And at that point I simply wonder why Hamiltons luck then receives the dotd award and vettel on a similar instance doesnt even get a honourable mention
I believe there is a phrase 'You make your own luck". LH must be very good at it then.

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6...-your-own-luck
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2725139)   #41
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber - with special mention to Lewis, Rhubens, Nico and Jenson for outstanding performances.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2725156)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Webber for a faultless controlled race from the first lap. Hammy for his determination to win when not in the fastest car on the day.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jul 2010, 01:56 (Ref:2725180)   #43
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber, total focus. Kobayashi another solid race and a special mention to the safety car who provided the halftime entertainment.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:35 (Ref:2725219)   #44
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber for me, kudos for Kobyashi and Rosberg also.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2725264)   #45
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough to pick one, Button just Lewis and Rosberg close. The 'in' fighting between the No.2 and presume the No1?? [Plonker] at Red Bull will just continue to ruin any chance of them winning the construtors championship. According to 'Top Gear' Rubeno is 'the man' anyway and they could be nearer the truth...
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:28 (Ref:2725280)   #46
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a storm in a tea cup. Obviously the wing would go to the driver ahead in the championship race. Mark Webber was obviously miffed about the situation and responded on the track as befitting a professional driver. He has now re-adreessed the situation by being the driver in front. The situation has been wound up by the press to create some hype.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2725283)   #47
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
I still cannot decide....
Old 12 Jul 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2725373)   #48
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For pole and victory in the European GP Vettel got 7% of the votes for best driver, one would not expect more as it was an "easy victory" in the best car.

For 2nd on the grid and a victory after the guy in the other superior car gets washed back to 24th Webber got 55% of the votes for best driver. I wonder if Webber is more popular than Vettel by now, what do you think?
Old 12 Jul 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2725375)   #49
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
The difference being Vettel didn't have that sheer amount of adversity to overcome.

Mr Webber, for me.

Selby
Old 12 Jul 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2725380)   #50
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
For pole and victory in the European GP Vettel got 7% of the votes for best driver, one would not expect more as it was an "easy victory" in the best car.

For 2nd on the grid and a victory after the guy in the other superior car gets washed back to 24th Webber got 55% of the votes for best driver. I wonder if Webber is more popular than Vettel by now, what do you think?
It isn't that simple though is it? If Kobayashi hadn't had such a storming race in Valencia, Vettel would've got much more of the vote.

Equally, if Kobayashi (or someone else in a struggling team) had put in a similarly headline-grabbing performance yesterday, Webber might've got less.

It's a funny old game.
Closed Thread