Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2727886)   #1
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STR 2010-2011

Well, days after Renault saying that they are looking at Buemi, STR confirm both drivers for 2011...only for Buemi to say "kind of...but I am not really confirmed for 2011"

It is interesting in that Red Bull farmed Vettel out to BMW, and I understand had an option on him. So Red Bull are not against trying to find seats for their Jr drivers outside of the RBR - STR teams.

Personally, 2010 has been a reasonable year for both drivers and can see why they would retain them for 2011. That said, i dont think either has been clearly dominant over the other, or generally good enough to be given a seat in an RBR in 2011-2012 (Webber 2010 may kill Webber 2011 @ RBR)

So, would have thought that STR and Helmut Marko would be all too happy to sell off Buemi to Renault or find a seat for Alguersuari with a view of promoting one other Red Bull driver to F1.

Which raises the question, who is the most promising RB Jr driver outside of F1 at present. Hartley looked to be the flavour of 2008, but seemed to have dropped back a littleduring the year, and then again 2009 and 2010 with Ricciardo doing the better of the two.

My opinion is Hartley may be gone from the flock at the end of 2010 if he doesnt take the step into F1. He was beaten by Alguersuari in 2008, getting done by Ricciardo in 2010...has his time come?

So leaves Ricciardo as the only guy barely old enough and with titles to deserve an STR seat. He tested well with RBR last year.

Suspect Tost is all too happy to get drivers on contract then let the likes of Renault buy them out. Money for the team and allows them to bring on someone else from the Red Bull flock

Or will it be another boring year with what rookies we get in cars where you have no idea if they are much chop?
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2727941)   #2
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reasoning behind Buemi "I'm sort of confirmed" is that I can guarantee that if Webber were to leave Red Bull at the end of the year, then Buemi would take his seat.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2727951)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised STR confirmed their drivers so early. Because Ricciardo is there and is doing a pretty good job. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel replaces one of the two drivers next year, probably Jaime the way things are going.

Buemi will race for STR next year. He knew Renault were very interested in him so his denial was designed to keep the negotiations going I would imagine.

Hartley will be dropped at the end of the year. He's been very poor this season and doesn't have the excuse of competing in multiple championships now.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2728103)   #4
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
The reasoning behind Buemi "I'm sort of confirmed" is that I can guarantee that if Webber were to leave Red Bull at the end of the year, then Buemi would take his seat.
But then deciding who to favoritise would really cause some headaches - they surely need to replace Mark Webber with John Cola or someone to make it a no-brainer as to who gets the bets bits!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2728438)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Buemi also mentioned of there being details of his STR contract which need to be agreed, and confirmed he had not signed.... Perhaps a bit of a negotiation tactic by Buemi to have a bit of leverage to up his value a bit, by being able to table a counter offer from Rnault. The STR drivers are to my knowledge paid a very minimal retainer, (by F1 standards), so any offer from Renault would likely be for more.

Frankly from the Renault perspective (and I say this without any knowledge of what external sponsorship backing Buemi has that he could take to Renault) I would stick with Petrov and his Rubels by the bucketload rather than replace him with another at best midfield racer. For sure drop Petrov if they can entice a top liner.

Bottom line is I am of the opinion that Buemi will stay at STR.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2729548)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post

Hartley will be dropped at the end of the year. He's been very poor this season and doesn't have the excuse of competing in multiple championships now.
He may already have been dropped: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/...d-bull-racing/