Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Dec 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1181428)   #1
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The F1 Challenge (Mods) Thread

Four months ago, I shocked the world by finally purchasing Grand Prix Legends. Today, with the holidays quickly approaching, I went to a local electronics store with the intent of buying a few CDs for my family. As I passed through the computer game aisle, I found a single copy of F1 Challenge '99-'02 for $9.99. Immediately, I started making phone calls. I possibly would never find a copy of this game again, and I had a $5 off discount of my order anyway. Let's just say that I now know what I will find in my stocking on Christmas morning.

OK, after looking at the threads in this forum, there are plenty of nifty items floating around for me to download. What do I need? What will I want to avoid? What's cool?
Old 16 Dec 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1181431)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the best place to find everything F1CC related.
http://www.f1simlinks.net/
Best Mods IMO are SCC and the TurboMod. Turbo is still beta however.
F1 1975 is gorgeous but I am still holding out for more realistic physics.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 16 Dec 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1181471)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you like F1, get RH 2003 and 2004. 2004 is as close to the real thing as you can get.
Touring cars? you've got V8 Supercars, ETCC, DTM
GT? Proto C, SCC...
Champ Cars? There' the 2003 Champ Car mod, and a Champ Car 2000-2004 Mod is in the works and I'm a small part of that mod!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 02:19 (Ref:1181541)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sports Car Challenge is all you need... oh, and some tracks to go with it.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1181641)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't bother with F1 - you can drive that anywhere, any time.

Get SCC and Proto C (and drive the prototypes from what could have been sportscars most glorious era......had Ecclestone and Balestre not ****** it up).

The 74/75 mod is definitely worth having, as is the McLaren Challenge and the Jap GTs.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1181642)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Make sure you get hold of the Le Mans circuit. You don't need much else.......
Old 17 Dec 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1181720)   #7
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Make sure you get hold of the Le Mans circuit. You don't need much else.......
Thats an unbiased opinion Ayse of course

I just happen to have it for GPL as well, my unbiased opinion too.

Pete
Old 17 Dec 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1181832)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have the full Le Mans circuit for GPL, SCGT and F1C. I have to say though that I don't much care for the GPL version. The one which Matt Lucas (and friends) originally produced for SCGT (and which has been used since for F1C) was (and is) superb. You can get it with or without the chicanes as well. I believe I'm right in saying that there is supposed to be a completely new version in the works?
Old 17 Dec 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1181867)   #9
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first thing i think you need is broadband as its going to get used alot!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1181944)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Got it.

Couldn't survive without it.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 20:41 (Ref:1182113)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Don't bother with F1 - you can drive that anywhere, any time.

Get SCC and Proto C (and drive the prototypes from what could have been sportscars most glorious era......had Ecclestone and Balestre not ****** it up).

The 74/75 mod is definitely worth having, as is the McLaren Challenge and the Jap GTs.
The sportscars and 74/75 would be the only reason I'd get F1C.

and O/T, if a book called 'Bernie's Game' I read this summer is anything to go by, I think it would be more appropriate to say Bernie ruthlessly 'subdued' Sportscar racing, for the benefit of F1.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1182190)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed and agreed.

The Turbo Mod would be great too, provided you can source some decent car sounds from somewhere else - the cars look fantastic.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1182599)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm... that DTM2002 mod looks stunning...

*blows off the dust from his MOMO Force*

Come on, old chap!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 18 Dec 2004 at 15:14.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1182608)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ITC 1996 mod looks the best.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1182636)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The DTM mod is good. I'm not a touring car man myself (any more), but those German cars are great fun!
Old 18 Dec 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1182637)   #16
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got the 93/94 BTCC mod? Can it be used with the ETCC mod to have mixed grids etc?

Last edited by Hobson; 18 Dec 2004 at 16:49.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 17:00 (Ref:1182644)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I haven't got the 93/94 mod, but I thought it was a "freestander"?

I don't know if the cars can be mixed at all.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Dec 2004 at 17:01.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1182669)   #18
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have the full Le Mans circuit for GPL, SCGT and F1C. I have to say though that I don't much care for the GPL version. The one which Matt Lucas (and friends) originally produced for SCGT (and which has been used since for F1C) was (and is) superb. You can get it with or without the chicanes as well. I believe I'm right in saying that there is supposed to be a completely new version in the works?
Are you sure ayse? I mean, every lap I drive there it seems the track is completely flawed (the chicannes, the mulsanne corner, indianapolis complex and the Porsche curves seem so wrong). That's why I hat Virtua-LM tracks (the worst is the Glen btw ).
Old 18 Dec 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1182671)   #19
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i'll go against the flow and recommend the RH2004 mod. This has changed my feeling towards F1 somewhat, but the speed, grip and graphical detail are amazing in this mod.

I'll also recommend the DTM mod which seemed to be as close to a full game, though make sure you update it and many people, me included, had problems with the tyre performance dropping off too quickly, but it is more a driving style issue.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1182688)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Gil, OK, its not perfect, but if you've ever driven the Infogrammes version, you'll know why I like Matt's......
Old 18 Dec 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1182773)   #21
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gil, OK, its not perfect, but if you've ever driven the Infogrammes version, you'll know why I like Matt's......

Ahhhhhhh, now I've got it
Old 19 Dec 2004, 01:18 (Ref:1182927)   #22
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised more people haven't recommended the V8 Supercars mod, those things are unbelievable fun to throw around the tracks racing bumper to bumper.

Prototype C with both service packs, gotta love the Eagle MkIII around Watkins and thundering around Le Mans in a Silk Cut Jaguar *ahem*

Sportscar Challenge is a must, as are RH2003 and RH2004.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1183123)   #23
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was the going rate for this game? I've seen it at a well-known auction site for almost £30! Surely its not that rare?

Last edited by Hobson; 19 Dec 2004 at 12:23.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1183138)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You can still pick it up in the bargain bins and 2nd hand shops (occasionally) for less than a tenner.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1183162)   #25
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Game have it for the bargain price of £4.99 at the moment but it's out of stock on their website. Might be worth sticking in an order anyway and see if they get you a copy.

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.asp...357&mid=320671

Failing that, check out the bargain bins like Aysedasi said as I've seen it in various shops going cheap.