Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Feb 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3209920)   #251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same here - can see you but don't see anyone else I recognise. Nice one!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3210437)   #252
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Random factoid of the day: some random browsing led me to discover that apparently one of the drivers in Audi's Le Mans squad is an official member of Mensa... and so am I.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3210452)   #253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Random factoid of the day: some random browsing led me to discover that apparently one of the drivers in Audi's Le Mans squad is an official member of Mensa... and so am I.
Should we start a guessing contest?
I'm guessing Tom K, on the sole basis that he's a Dane :b
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3210682)   #254
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does Mensa-Man drive the truck........?
Old 1 Mar 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3212599)   #255
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Should we start a guessing contest?
I'm guessing Tom K, on the sole basis that he's a Dane :b
It's Lucas di Grassi.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3220043)   #256
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some news about the second tram line's works. The new theater is growing up and "La place des Jacobins" is slowly changing:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...34611731467921

and a small movie:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgG0lU0ACkk
Old 17 Mar 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3220045)   #257
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the new Informations Eric .
Old 17 Mar 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3220078)   #258
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So will scrutineering be in the same place this year as last Eric?
Old 17 Mar 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3220088)   #259
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So will scrutineering be in the same place this year as last Eric?
Yes
Old 17 Mar 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3220097)   #260
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
A lot of People was not happy with this Place .
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3220124)   #261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For me, better than the car park in 10 and 11. I wasn't that fussed about watching what happened in scrutineering itself. I was more interested in seeing the cars as they were wheeled in from the road. The view was good for that.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3220133)   #262
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
For me, better than the car park in 10 and 11. I wasn't that fussed about watching what happened in scrutineering itself. I was more interested in seeing the cars as they were wheeled in from the road. The view was good for that.
True
Old 18 Mar 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3220366)   #263
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Sorry Friends , But I cannot agree . At Place de la Republique you will never have Time and Place to make Shots like this . Will be happy if they will go back to Place Jacobins .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemansfan/8567022833/
Old 18 Mar 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3220728)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I never experienced the full Jacobins Walter, so I can't say - but I do believe last year's situation was better than in 10/11.

PS I recognise now your shot of the Rebellion from 10. It was good early morning, I must admit.....
Old 18 Mar 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3220768)   #265
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Le Mans Scrutineering is one of the Highlights from the complete Week for me . Miss it only one Year ( 1988 ) . You can not go nowhere so near to the Cars than in Le Mans . The Situation on Place Jacobins was each Year the same . The first Hour was a little bit stressfull . But when the first Cars has passed Scrutineering it was ok . When a new Truck arrived most of the People are going to watch the new Arrivals . So it was perfect to have a nearer View to the Cars and had a Smalltalk with the Mechanics . Scrütineering at Place de la Republique is terrible for me . It looks for me like a fenced Area . The Parking for the Team trucks , the Waiting Position for the Race cars , always this stupid Barriers . The only Chance for a good Shot is when the Cars are been pushed into the Scrutineering Area . I'm not happy with this new Situation . Maybe the Reason is that I have seen 28 Years the Scrutineering at Place Jacobins . Hope they will change The Place for 2014 .
Old 18 Mar 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3220800)   #266
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You have vastly more experience than me there Walter - consequently I respect your opinion!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3220841)   #267
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
One of the benefits of being an ACO member is that you can get an tour at the innerside of the scrutineering. Did that the last two years and it was an excellent oppurtunity to get close to the cars!
Old 19 Mar 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3221020)   #268
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Have done this with Andrew and James last Year also . A Guide bring you inside and explain everything . 30min and than you have to leave . Maybe ok for People without any Experience . What I mean is that you have outside this Area no Chance for a nearer View or a Shot . You will never have at this Place the Space you have on the old Place .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemansf...in/photostream
Old 19 Mar 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3221106)   #269
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes you're right, but I did the tour twice on the sunday, and twice on monday. I
came in with the guide, and just did my own thing and watched where he was going, and left with him when the tour was ended. Although by far not as nice as your picture, I did get some pretty close shots.

Old 19 Mar 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3221271)   #270
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You have vastly more experience than me there Walter - consequently I respect your opinion!
FWIW, I would consider both locations to be compromised.....the car park behind the old (now demolished) theatre was infinitely better. Let's hope it's possible for scrutineering to return there once the building works have been completed.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3274815)   #271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Time to boot this thread up again, methinks.......
Old 7 Jul 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3274821)   #272
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Right, now I have a bit of a question: how much should I expect to send if I book my hotel for the whole week, and I do my booking in September-October? Thinking of going namby-pamby next year in order to catch scrutineering and the Tuesday autograph session.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3274823)   #273
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Campsites open sunday morning 10 o'clock, so no need to go namby pamby? I'll be knocking on the gates of Tertre Rouge at that time, put up my tents and be heading to the centre of town in the afternoon.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3275550)   #274
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Right, now I have a bit of a question: how much should I expect to send if I book my hotel for the whole week, and I do my booking in September-October? Thinking of going namby-pamby next year in order to catch scrutineering and the Tuesday autograph session.
Didn't you have a good time on TR?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3275551)   #275
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Didn't you have a good time on TR?
I was working off the assumptions that the campsites only opened on Tuesday-Wednesday. Which, as it turns out, is wrong. I'm currently trying to build a little group of friends to bring to the race and I'm not yet sure whether it's better to stick them in a hotel or get them under canvas on their first go. Particularly as we would all be coming by plane and it would be rather difficult to bring all the camping gear as aircraft luggage...