Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Sep 2003, 17:39 (Ref:719773)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is Racing Legends?

On request of Tony I've moved this away from the TTFL thread. So, what is Racing Legend? I've never heard of it.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:02 (Ref:719794)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
check out www.west-racing.com (I think thats the URL). It's a sim based about many kinds or motorsport from thje "good old days". Have a look at that site - it sounds great, but I think it's a bit too good to be true...I'm not even sure they have a publisher yet.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:14 (Ref:719808)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure, this has been done before in the past (tinkering with the engine and stuff) but that was a LOT simpler than what these guy's are doing.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:45 (Ref:719871)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say that the shots on the site look absolutely sensational. But it's difficult to work out what is happening (haven't got the time to sit down and read everything).
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:49 (Ref:719877)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More stuff here I see

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/foru...s=&forumid=132

Not that I've read any of it yet.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:55 (Ref:719893)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sure looks mighty impressive.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 20:18 (Ref:720004)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
vapourware
Old 15 Sep 2003, 20:36 (Ref:720029)   #8
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not warpourware but taking an aweful long time... perhaps too long time
Old 15 Sep 2003, 21:07 (Ref:720051)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The site has been in that state for a good 5 months now. Where's the progress? No track shots?
Old 15 Sep 2003, 21:57 (Ref:720093)   #10
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
deffently vapourware. its far too much for 2 people to work on. where the money coming from to do it? ive heard of paying for a drive ... heh
Old 16 Sep 2003, 07:22 (Ref:720347)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So are you suggesting this is some kind of elaborate scam?
Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:18 (Ref:720542)   #12
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Not a scam, but it seems they have a reputation for promising loads and delivering - well not much really. There was meant to be a sportscar sim before this latest project, but that was eventually dropped after years of delays. I was quite excited when the fanfare first started about Racing Legends, but so far all there seems to be are pretty images. No screenshots, no work in progress, nothing to give the impression of any sort of playable game anywhere in the near future.

In the meantime excellent home developed driving games are coming through, just check RaceSim Central for details. Once RaceSim have their CD service available I will probably try Live for Speed which sounds excellent. But I certainly don't hold out much hope of anything substantial re. Racing Legends, more the pity.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 12:06 (Ref:720610)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Stick to GPL Allon, what more could you want (except something similar for Le Mans, perhaps..... )
Old 16 Sep 2003, 12:31 (Ref:720641)   #14
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Yes sir!

Actually haven't played much GPL for a while too much other stuff going on. Also quite enjoying Mafia, a rather stylish game set in the 30s.
But will no doubt return to GPL soon, I'm beginning to miss the GPLEA cars and those winged 68 specials, (thanks Ayse!). I guess the next big thing for GPL will be the 65 mod, any idea when that is due?
Old 16 Sep 2003, 15:04 (Ref:720846)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol . the only reason i played Mafia was to race those "Alfa's 8C2300" ... played it raced it won i ... and then stoped playing it ....
he he . not only the 65 but the 55 is on it's way too ..

Ciao Marco