Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Nov 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1773241)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunlop CR65 tyres

Well, my class this year can choose to use CR65s instead of the Bridgestone B330 Evos we've had in the past. Given they're twice the price of the Bridgestones, do they give twice the performance?!?!?!

Seriously, anyone got any idea where they sit in the grand scheme of things, say with our current tyres at the bottom of the grip scale, and something like the old A038Rs at the top?

TIA
Old 23 Nov 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1773341)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In brief NO.The 38s will be a fair bit quicker,330s could possibly be marginally quicker.However cr65s should out last the 330s,and they are fun to drive on!
Old 23 Nov 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1773352)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Terence, I'll invest the money in some fine wine then. Give me a better £leasure ratio than a new set of tyres!
Old 23 Nov 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1773362)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Thanks Terence, I'll invest the money in some fine wine then. Give me a better £leasure ratio than a new set of tyres!
Dont forget that it,s nearly Chistmass and I have been crossed off Peters card list!
Old 23 Nov 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1773365)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

Sorry for the slightly incomprehensible post above, didn't intend to look rude - should have said " £-to-pleasure ratio" but the smilie fell in without me noticing!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1773943)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've never raced on anything other than CR65's, but can certainly vouch for their fun factor !
Old 24 Nov 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1774179)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

Fun factor = zero grip I presume? I've got that already, so no need to change then ;-)
Old 25 Nov 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1774805)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
They are not that bad! grip levels are very high till they progresively breakaway,when it happens there is plenty of warning and then its down to you to play it as you want.As for wet use I normally up the pressure a couple of pounds to keep the tread open.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1775815)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've found mine scrub and wear very quickly if the set ups not right, which I've also learnt, is very noticable in the handling especially in the latter stages of say a 1 hour race.
As Terence has said, a few extra PSI in the wet helps keep the tread open