Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3915171)   #101
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Hindy just nailed it on the head - This is the only way to keep the mazda cool and from catching fire.
just LoL.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3915172)   #102
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Worst scenario could be the #55 losing that part, called to the pits, and a YF deployed giving Montoya the opportunity to retake the lead.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3915174)   #103
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I think #77 has been told to stay behind
I think you're right. It's matching times.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3915175)   #104
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
it's been 12 or 25 minutes since it was obvious that the #55 had an issue .. surely it can last another six minutes?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3915177)   #105
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Hindy just nailed it on the head - This is the only way to keep the mazda cool and from catching fire.
Sir, please take a bow for this fine comment.

Jarvis clearly holding station. As long as Tincknell isn't falling back into the pack, the Mazdas can cruise from here.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3915179)   #106
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Worst scenario could be the #55 losing that part, called to the pits, and a YF deployed giving Montoya the opportunity to retake the lead.
Worst scenario is the engine cover catches fire, sails off, and lands on the #77, setting it ablaze as well. Covered this in an earlier post.

Mazda had burned in a lot of interesting situations, but never yet has one set the other on fire, so both could burn as a team. Time to break new ground?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3915180)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice to be able to watch, apparently NBCSports had basically told most of the country it's not our fault that the app in almost all forms isn't working. Or annoyingly NOT playing what's selected, only thing I can watch on Apple TV, Roku, Apple and Android apps is Nascar, when it actually wants to connect. BS ridiculous coverage, makes FS1/2 seem worthwhile over at my count 5 f'ing Nascar channels.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3915183)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FINALLY!
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3915184)   #109
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Right folks, I hope you've got your bug-out bags ready - Mazda have finally won an IMSA race. The end of days is nigh.

Seriously, this has been far too long coming. Well done Joest, well done Mazda.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3915186)   #110
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Great finish for all classes. I firmly believe that Jarvis let the team car take the win instead of just saying "you're damaged get out of the way."
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3915187)   #111
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
What is that brown drink they're sloshing around?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3915188)   #112
Maelochs
Veteran

Finally, Mazda.

But the whole race, in all classes except P2, was absolutely wonderful. For me, though, nothing surpasses Mazda finally getting its prototype win.

On a less happy note ... I hope everyone sends a note to NBC about its crap coverage .... I had to watch a pirate stream because the NBCSN stream--Which I Pay For---wouldn't work. That is screaming BS and I and everyone else who had issues need to speak out..
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3915189)   #113
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally a Mazda victory ! Congratulation, it have took a long time.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3915199)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
What is that brown drink they're sloshing around?
Doonan said chocolate milk. These guys know how to party!

In the post race show I thought I overheard talk of the team being mostly Multimatic staff instead of Joest now, is that correct?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3915212)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Finally, Mazda.

But the whole race, in all classes except P2, was absolutely wonderful. For me, though, nothing surpasses Mazda finally getting its prototype win.

On a less happy note ... I hope everyone sends a note to NBC about its crap coverage .... I had to watch a pirate stream because the NBCSN stream--Which I Pay For---wouldn't work. That is screaming BS and I and everyone else who had issues need to speak out..
The IMSA FB page has been getting ripped all day on that. People have either not gotten in at all, sign-in access not working, channels mixed up so no IMSA when that feed selected, and their response has been the Kevin Bacon all is well. It's not and NBCSports couldn't care any less, it's almost like they've taken every tech person and sent them to Nascar coverage to make the heli-cam feed work. FYI, it does and no sign-in needed for that. Sounded like a great race but not tuning in to give NBCSports the numbers this evening, it's bs coverage of racing. And they're getting found out, Indy fans have been ripping them a new one too. Makes no sense but I guess they'll still bow to the sinking ship. Nascar may have better numbers but they are TANKING, Indy and IMSA are at least trending the way people like and they take it off the air, last race I saw ratings for Nascar was down in double digits. And no one I know who used to attend could even tell you who's racing any more, Nascar is done and going hybrid will kill it off but apparently they think that's the answer next rules package. And I'm sure they'll tell everyone how they invented hybrid racing.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3915214)   #116
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR is going hybrid? I can’t think of anything less appropriate for NASCAR.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3915216)   #117
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
[QUOTE=J Jay;3915187]What is that brown drink they're sloshing around?[/QUOTE

Rich Energy?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3915219)   #118
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Finally a Mazda victory ! Congratulation, it have took a long time.
Oh NO! I will now need a new hapless underdog to support.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3915220)   #119
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Well we could always hope ByKolles builds a DPi?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3915232)   #120
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Try the current 'Nissan' dpi team. Glad Mazda got that off their chest and a 1-2 to boot. Lets hope they keep it going, but I smell success bop coming to hinder them.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 22:43 (Ref:3915236)   #121
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Try the current 'Nissan' dpi team. Glad Mazda got that off their chest and a 1-2 to boot. Lets hope they keep it going, but I smell success bop coming to hinder them.
They have won before and with the "bigger" underdog of an actual Pro-Am team AND using the base P2 car, and more than a few times
Old 30 Jun 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3915237)   #122
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
NASCAR is going hybrid? I can’t think of anything less appropriate for NASCAR.
There's no decision, but there is talk, introduced possibly as soon as 2021. Possibly only for road courses since ovals are not ideal for regen...

I'd be pretty concerned if I was IMSA. Imagine if DPI goes with the low voltage ERS and then suddenly even Nascar is more high-tech.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 01:36 (Ref:3915255)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
There's no decision, but there is talk, introduced possibly as soon as 2021. Possibly only for road courses since ovals are not ideal for regen...

I'd be pretty concerned if I was IMSA. Imagine if DPI goes with the low voltage ERS and then suddenly even Nascar is more high-tech.
I would guess with Ford involved at both parties they'd push for higher voltage and may get the price down with 35 other cars using a similar system. Hard to sell to the board with only 3 races using it though, last I'd heard it had to be pointed out to some in Charlotte and Daytona how the hybrid works, they wanted it all season or nothing.

And just to return to the 6 Hours "coverage," the start of the highlights package was delayed by OT in Nascar at Chicagoland speedway. Nice coverage deal IMSA
Old 1 Jul 2019, 01:54 (Ref:3915257)   #124
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, that's what happens when NBC has a deal to cover the second half the NASCAR season. Even with NASCAR basically owning IMSA, IMSA and road racing in general is barely a blip on the radar compared to NASCAR.

Sucks for us road racing fans, but it is what it is.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 02:14 (Ref:3915258)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Well, that's what happens when NBC has a deal to cover the second half the NASCAR season. Even with NASCAR basically owning IMSA, IMSA and road racing in general is barely a blip on the radar compared to NASCAR.

Sucks for us road racing fans, but it is what it is.
Except that has NOTHING to do with the earlier in the day failures to actually show the race to at least count 5 large cable companies and ALL Charter customers through the app. Some BS about incorrect login but reported all over their service of errors and no connection. And sorry but no advertiser is going to care about the numbers when Nascar is hemorrhaging viewers right now, last race was down double digit percentage and it moved up a class according to the broadcast metrics. Nascar is also being accused of padding their numbers and paying for bar coverage, it's a sinking ship and everyone can see that. There are rumblings about major sponsors cutting their contracts short at the end of the season and looking for other racing opportunities. No one cares and I'm betting the numbers today will show that. It's already a terrible track, at a terrible time of year and has never sold out even when new.
Sucks for NBCSports that my box is a Nielson box and I got to report overage and no adjustment reported. Means the ratings get cut earlier supposedly if enough people report it