Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the race?
10 1 1.82%
9 0 0%
8 1 1.82%
7 6 10.91%
6 6 10.91%
5 13 23.64%
4 14 25.45%
3 9 16.36%
2 5 9.09%
1 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3300502)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post

Will this be my last GP ? I'd return to the fray if the sport returns to a semblance of what it was pre-BCE. Which won't happen.
I'm a little puzzled by your post. I've seen way more boring racing at Monza pre-BCE. The best car and driver won, which is what usually happened pre-BCE. The race was actually quite closely fought, which hardly ever happened pre-BCE. To be complaining now about what is happening post-BCE seems to be leaving it rather late with regard to this being your last GP?

Oh, err....7 for me.

Shout out for the stupid people who 'boo' at F1 races.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3300519)   #2
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I'm a little puzzled by your post. I've seen way more boring racing at Monza pre-BCE. The best car and driver won, which is what usually happened pre-BCE. The race was actually quite closely fought, which hardly ever happened pre-BCE. To be complaining now about what is happening post-BCE seems to be leaving it rather late with regard to this being your last GP?

Oh, err....7 for me.

It's not the first time I've been accused of muddled thinking. It's not this particular race, just the whole "organised circus" thing. I didn't watch it, and I haven't missed it. So I guess I'm not cut out to be an F1 fan.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3300749)   #3
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

Oh, err....7 for me.

I'm with Marbot. Not brilliant but much better and more interesting than Spa. The producers helped by making the racing battles 2-12th the focus and basically ignored Vettel till the last couple of laps. Hamilton, Kimi, Hulkenberg, Alonso-Webber, Rosberg, Button, Perez, Grosjean et al provided some interest and between them got the bulk of the coverage.
I gave it 7 before I read anyone's posts so I still think I am right.

However if I was an advertiser I would be gravely concerned about the general tone of the posts..... If the sport over the year has been that bad something is very, very, wrong and without a major injection of competition interest it is not worth watching let alone worth putting $30-$40 million into. Who would want to do that.......
Old 9 Sep 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3300776)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I'm with Marbot. Not brilliant but much better and more interesting than Spa. The producers helped by making the racing battles 2-12th the focus and basically ignored Vettel till the last couple of laps. Hamilton, Kimi, Hulkenberg, Alonso-Webber, Rosberg, Button, Perez, Grosjean et al provided some interest and between them got the bulk of the coverage.

However if I was an advertiser I would be gravely concerned about the general tone of the posts..... If the sport over the year has been that bad something is very, very, wrong and without a major injection of competition interest it is not worth watching let alone worth putting $30-$40 million into. Who would want to do that.......
I quite enjoyed it, 6 for me!

Enjoy seeing the cars go full chat, and some really fast corners!
Some good dices down the pack!

Vettel was pretty good, still opening a quick three seconds in 2 laps despite a flat spot!

Last edited by wnut; 9 Sep 2013 at 02:58.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3300895)   #5
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post

Take all the connected/self sponsored deals off the cars and see what's left and there's your answer...

The global brands are not looking at F1, it's USP as a platform for global reach has been taken by other sports and dare I say the internet, you can launch a brand worldwide at the press of a button you don't need an F1 car tearing around a track to do it any more.

On top of this, the 'young' viewers that most brands are interested in reaching, won't sit through 2 hours of a Grand Prix (in large numbers) and F1 hasn't really bought into new media significantly enough.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3300897)   #6
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While everyone calls it boring, there were 15 cars still on the lead lap and the entire top 6 were within 10 seconds at the end.

That would have been a dream race in the 80s or particularly 90s when normally there would often be less 6 drivers on the lead lap at the end.

Halfway through the race and Vettel only had a 5 second lead. It was close'ish, even though they weren't swapping the lead back and forth. That's the nature of motorsports when the fastest driver leads into the first corner.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3302009)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
While everyone calls it boring, there were 15 cars still on the lead lap and the entire top 6 were within 10 seconds at the end.
Marussia and Caterham were lapped only once, and towards the end of the race. Monza was a race where Minardi (now STR) regularly would get lapped 2 or 3 times, at least! And that was only if they actually managed to finish the race at all!

Stop the whinging!