Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Sep 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3143896)   #951
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How long have they been working on the full blown P1 effort and how does that compare to Toyota?

If it's been a few years I can't see why some form of it might not start running soon, even if it is just parts under another body.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 03:43 (Ref:3143972)   #952
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche will stick with the 911 because they actually sell the 911 to customers---not just racers.

I doubt they could make a anywhere near the profit profit selling the 918.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3144045)   #953
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
and why is that, they are letting anyone in at the moment, if the z4 gets in (which will basically be a prototype) a don't relay see why the 918 can't get in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I can't see why they would stick with the 911 if they believed their teams would have a better chance with the 918?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Porsche will stick with the 911 because they actually sell the 911 to customers---not just racers.

I doubt they could make a anywhere near the profit profit selling the 918.
Maelochs is rights. There isn't nearly as much PR profit in the 918 as there is in the 911.

But the main reasons is simply that the 918 hybrid system is not allowed in GTE! And there will NOT be build the 2500 cars over 12 months as regulations states.
Therefor, the 918 will NEVER be homologated for GTE.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3144054)   #954
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So why did Lexus build a GTE of the LFA? Only 500 of those will be made. I don't think the ACO would have an issue with that aspect.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3144055)   #955
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So why did Lexus build a GTE of the LFA? Only 500 of those will be made. I don't think the ACO would have an issue with that aspect.
Maybe that was the hanging point which meant the car couldn't be homologated and it's now gathering dust in the TMG workshop?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3144056)   #956
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Until Lexus starts racing it, in a ACO race, i doubt ACO will bend the production rules...

The production rules are the only thing keeping the GTE class from overflowing with Homologation specials, like the Gr. B rally cars and more extreme the "GT1's" from the late 90's.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3144059)   #957
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Maybe that was the hanging point which meant the car couldn't be homologated and it's now gathering dust in the TMG workshop?
No, it actually took a backseat to the TS030, sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Until Lexus starts racing it, in a ACO race, i doubt ACO will bend the production rules...

The production rules are the only thing keeping the GTE class from overflowing with Homologation specials, like the Gr. B rally cars and more extreme the "GT1's" from the late 90's.
Spyker was in the class, and rumored to make a return with the C8. Spyker, which has sold all of 290-300 cars in total. What'd the rules say about that car?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3144064)   #958
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
No, it actually took a backseat to the TS030, sadly.
Spyker was in the class, and rumored to make a return with the C8. Spyker, which has sold all of 290-300 cars in total. What'd the rules say about that car?
There hasn't been a Spyker GTE car.
I can't remember the production figures for GT2, but yes, GT2 was very relaxed with car entries. However with the GT1 gone their isn't a natural upper class for cars like the 918, and therefor ACO is likely to regulate harder on the production minimum to ensure they homologation specials will ruin the class.

But i feel this discussion is going of topic, and pointless as most of us in here knows the 918 won't be homologated for GTE.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3144072)   #959
TF110
Veteran

United States
The point I'm making is there's nothing holding low production # cars from entering. If it's a manufacturer and they say we want to run this, the ACO would probably let them. Especially someone like Porsche!
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3144077)   #960
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
The point I'm making is there's nothing holding low production # cars from entering. If it's a manufacturer and they say we want to run this, the ACO would probably let them. Especially someone like Porsche!
To a very certain point I agree (the point being the car is equal it's competitors), but after that point I totally disagree.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3144078)   #961
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Provisions were made for small car manufacturers, production runs of at least 25 cars/year were allowed to go into GTE if the ACO approved the car as being fit for the class. And since neither Porsche nor Lexus can be classified as small car manufacturers, I don't think either manufacturer's halo model would be allowed into GTE.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3144110)   #962
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
there are 0 Z4s with V8 made, yet they will race -Makeing it not even a homologation special, but a total full blown prototype with 0 connection to the road car...

It's the same as if porsche used in 90s the real 911 as the homogenization for the 911 gt1
Old 30 Sep 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3144298)   #963
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
there are 0 Z4s with V8 made, yet they will race -Makeing it not even a homologation special, but a total full blown prototype with 0 connection to the road car...

It's the same as if porsche used in 90s the real 911 as the homogenization for the 911 gt1

The front structure of the 1996 GT1 was off of a 993.

If the rule makers leave loopholes, it is only natural in competition for someone to exploit them.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3144361)   #964
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It's the same thing that BMW did with the M3 GTR...
Old 1 Oct 2012, 05:26 (Ref:3144442)   #965
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Shouldn't we let this OT die now?, there really isn't anymore in it.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 06:17 (Ref:3144448)   #966
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it could be the 918 Flying Lizard
http://www.autobahnbound.com/2011/06...er-renderings/
http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/38100...e-918-rsr.html
Old 1 Oct 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3144451)   #967
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Not too sure if you're being serious here, but this story is just a bunch of pretty pictures put together by a 13 year old. There is no substance to this as a news worthy event what so ever.

A classic example of how internet rumour can get completely out of hand.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3144470)   #968
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
If you look closely you can see a GT1 sticker on it.
So if it where real, it was not meant for GTE.
But let's drop this 918 subject. It's off topic to the Porsche LMP1.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3145003)   #969
TF110
Veteran

United States
It's actually 'if it WERE real' Helping ya out with some English.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 05:17 (Ref:3145006)   #970
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Thank you, Grammar and spelling is far from my strongest sides
Old 2 Oct 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3145033)   #971
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Thank you, Grammar and spelling is far from my strongest sides
Don't worry mate, we understand you perfectly.

Imagine if we all had to post in Danish.........
Old 2 Oct 2012, 07:05 (Ref:3145037)   #972
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Actually it is "if it was real". In order for it to be "if it were real", the "it" would have to be plural, and therefore it would read: "If they were real.

Anyway, back to the Porsche LMP1: No news yet.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3145053)   #973
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Anyway, back to the Porsche LMP1: No news yet.
That's a funny sentence....As in, you're changing the subject to nothing

Any idea if they'll keep the williams/porchse flywheel or will they switch to super caps

Last edited by arakis; 2 Oct 2012 at 07:55.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3145063)   #974
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Actually it is "if it was real". In order for it to be "if it were real", the "it" would have to be plural, and therefore it would read: "If they were real.
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

It's "were", only the plural form of "to be" is used in the second "if" conditional whatever the number of the subject.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic

And with that let's end the grammar debate.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3145108)   #975
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That's a funny sentence....As in, you're changing the subject to nothing

Any idea if they'll keep the williams/porchse flywheel or will they switch to super caps
If I were (or is it "was"?) to be honest, I would (or is it "will") tell you that I have no news.