Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3724303)   #1
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sutton Images acquired by you-know-who

The land grab continues:

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128830

Pretty soon we'll have to talk about being Motorsport [TM] fans...
Old 7 Apr 2017, 14:19 (Ref:3724355)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They really are making a monopoly and good for them, so far so good I'd say
Old 7 Apr 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3724380)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monopolies are rarely good, I don't think this one will be an exception either.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3724385)   #4
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is not "that Facebook group" here, so you can say Motorsport Network ;-)
Old 7 Apr 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3724434)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's become second nature, Marcel
Old 7 Apr 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3724450)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Haha! Good one.

Richard
Old 8 Apr 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3724625)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sutton must be well past retirement, when you think they probably own LAT aswell, they know have a massive cache

I really do not like where this is going honestly, I think they are just buying anything whatsoever linked to F1 and going to charge anyone a fortune to use any of it

There is NOTHING good about any of that.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3724647)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, i'm very concerned about the sudden buying up of motorsport resources and where it leaves everyone else. a decent percentage of paid journalists and photographers in the circuit press rooms around europe must now be working for companies or publications owned by these guys.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3724678)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
werent many/most of these properties all part of Haymarket Media before so there has always been a concentrated ownership/monopoly issue here.

actually with Motorsport Network taking over isnt it less of a monopoly now then when it was just one of many holdings by a far larger media company?
Old 8 Apr 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3724737)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no, the only ones part of haymarket were autosport, f1 racing and lat photo.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 04:55 (Ref:3724904)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lucky 10/10ths remains an independent bastion of motorsport discussion and passion!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Apr 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3725039)   #12
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haymarket had Autosport, F1 Racing, Motorsport News & LAT - plus the Autosport Awards and the Autosport Show.

Also acquired:- Motors TV and now Sutton Images.

Keith Sutton is I think 57 yrs old, Mark 52, so hardly ready to retire.

Last edited by andrewc; 9 Apr 2017 at 14:49.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3725230)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Keith Sutton is I think 57 yrs old, Mark 52, so hardly ready to retire.
I suspect a few extra zeroes on the end of the bank balance might be persuasive
Old 10 Apr 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3725267)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Personally I'm fine with this, as I'd rather Motorsport, than some business that doesn't have motor racing interests at heart. At least this way we can still enjoy what they do
Old 10 Apr 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3725409)   #15
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Can someone explain to me what happened there?
Old 11 Apr 2017, 00:48 (Ref:3725415)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Can someone explain to me what happened there?
I assume we are talking about the "Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective"? I am curious as well. I think I may have known at one point, but have forgotten. I seem to remember something to do with stolen content, unethical practices, etc. but I could be wrong?

Richard
Old 11 Apr 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3725473)   #17
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure they're ready to retire. I follow Mark Sutton on Instagram, and it seems that the passion is still there, despite the long haul flights and travel.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3725502)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My point was merely that I met one of them many years ago and presumed he might have earned enough from his work to maybe not work so much anymore, not that he was old enough to retire!!
Old 6 Oct 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3932344)   #19
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thread bump!

ImageRights International is claiming damages for image copyright infringement to Pitpass.com on behalf of the Motorsport Network. Pitpass.com claims that they takeimages from F1 and team media kits.

https://www.pitpass.com/65878/Could-...ge-teams-image
Old 7 Oct 2019, 01:44 (Ref:3932363)   #20
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Thread bump!

ImageRights International is claiming damages for image copyright infringement to Pitpass.com on behalf of the Motorsport Network. Pitpass.com claims that they takeimages from F1 and team media kits.

https://www.pitpass.com/65878/Could-...ge-teams-image
Also mentioned in the How to Fix F1 thread here
Old 7 Oct 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3932425)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This will also put paid to all the amateur photographers who snap at the GPs. I can see this outfit trawling through Flickr and the like to see who's been posting their pics.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3932438)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This will also put paid to all the amateur photographers who snap at the GPs. I can see this outfit trawling through Flickr and the like to see who's been posting their pics.

Indeed.

There is a rarely used clause on most tickets related to copyright of any images taken being to the benefit of the venue.

Quite how that works in the modern era with its predilection for selfies is not entirely clear to me.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3932442)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Indeed.

There is a rarely used clause on most tickets related to copyright of any images taken being to the benefit of the venue.

Quite how that works in the modern era with its predilection for selfies is not entirely clear to me.
Yes, it's always been the same AFAIK you can't sell your pics at the GP not sure it applies to club and non FIA meets but then again I haven't bought a ticket for years.

However, this appears to make even the personal pictures a subject of copyright. No doubt they'll be trawling Instagram and snapchat etc.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3932443)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
So they aren't claiming copyright over images that have been taken by photographers belonging to Sutton or LAT, but they are claiming rights over ALL F1 images regardless of who took the photos?
Old 7 Oct 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3932444)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So they aren't claiming copyright over images that have been taken by photographers belonging to Sutton or LAT, but they are claiming rights over ALL F1 images regardless of who took the photos?
I think that's what it amounts to.