Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2470226)   #1
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pesca Liveried 908

Not bad looking in the Pesca house colours... Expect it to whip the R10's and be in amongst the AMR's
Old 27 May 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2470348)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be interesting seeing the first customer Dieseil cars. Should see Kolles up there in the R10 too. Perhaps re-enacting last years race behind the works cars?
Old 27 May 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2470350)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm pretty sure the Pesca pug will smoke the Kolles cars .. you just have to look at drivers .. Pagenaud and Bouillon .. Pesca have loads of experience too and the 908 should be miles ahead of the R10 too

Ciao Marco
Old 27 May 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2470355)   #4
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm I agree it's a great driver line up and that Pesca know how to run a fast car, but it really shouldn't be miles ahead of the R10 should it, the car that's beaten it at every Le Mans so far ? Kolles are just appearing to be doing a bad job.

Good to see some Pesca green on the car though .

Last edited by Gilles lives!; 27 May 2009 at 17:30. Reason: Spelling
Old 27 May 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2470359)   #5
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Mmm I agree it's a great driver line up and that Pesca know how to run a fast car, but it really shouldn't be miles ahead of the R10 should it, the car that's beaten at every Le Mans so far ? Kolles are just appearing to be doing a bad job.
The R10 beat the 908 because Audi did such a good job, not because it was the better car. Now that the better team has the better car I'd expect a very clear result.
Old 27 May 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2470377)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The pic isn't showing for me - although shots have been posted on other threads.....
Old 27 May 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2470390)   #7
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The pic isn't showing for me - although shots have been posted on other threads.....
What pic
Old 27 May 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2470409)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
What pic

The one that seems to be intended in post #1.... If you right click it for the pic properties and paste the link in your browser, you can see it. I was going to repost it, but as it's clearly subject to copyright, I won't... just as well it doesn't show then really.....
Old 27 May 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2470451)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The one that seems to be intended in post #1.... If you right click it for the pic properties and paste the link in your browser, you can see it.
Oh no I can't see it.
I get "text language English" and that's all, but so what, I've seen plenty of photos of the car in its new livery
Old 27 May 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2470489)   #10
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Picture is there for me!

As much as I enjoy the factory battle, I'd love it (but can't see it happening) for Pesca to finally get one over the manufacturer teams. But we can all dream ....................!
Old 27 May 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2470513)   #11
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Picture is there for me!

As much as I enjoy the factory battle, I'd love it (but can't see it happening) for Pesca to finally get one over the manufacturer teams. But we can all dream ....................!
I have nothing against either Peugeot or Audi, but I think we'd all like to see someone like Henri win. It's not impossible, but only with the diesel.
Old 27 May 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2470568)   #12
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
The R10 beat the 908 because Audi did such a good job, not because it was the better car. Now that the better team has the better car I'd expect a very clear result.
I don't agree with that, for the conditions last year over the 24 hrs, the Audi was the better car and if it rains again this year will the 908 suffer the same problems ?

It was the first year that I actually wanted the 'star' Audi to win and that was because they were the underdogs after practice/qual, it was a joy to watch and witness....a great race.
Old 27 May 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2470578)   #13
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The one that seems to be intended in post #1.... If you right click it for the pic properties and paste the link in your browser, you can see it. I was going to repost it, but as it's clearly subject to copyright, I won't... just as well it doesn't show then really.....
I can see it Ayse, although to be fair if i couldn't there would be something very wrong. Loving the Getty sponsorship on the side, i hope they stick with it! i think i'll adopt it as my car of choice.
Old 27 May 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2470586)   #14
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it looks great. Pesca have had one of the best liveries over the last few years and it translates well onto the 908.

Good luck to them
Old 27 May 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2470597)   #15
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Kolles are just appearing to be doing a bad job.
Having seen them at Spa trust me, it's no illusion, they really are doing a rotten job.

That 908 looks superb in the Pesca livery, could well spring a surprise over the works cars, and wouldn't that be great!
Old 28 May 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2470711)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would agree with sarthe82 watching the pair of R10 trolling around together for hours dropping further off the pace proved to me that the cars have moved on and the R10 is now past it's sell by date. The Pesca's were not that far off the 908 pace and the new 908 pesca could and hopefully will spring a surprise.

I would love Henri to get his first win as a team but think the factory Audi's and pugs will be almost unstopable and AMR can only get better.
Old 28 May 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2470729)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon if Joest was still running the R10's ..... it would take the win .
Old 28 May 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2470737)   #18
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82 View Post
Having seen them at Spa trust me, it's no illusion, they really are doing a rotten job.

That 908 looks superb in the Pesca livery, could well spring a surprise over the works cars, and wouldn't that be great!
and if their Pug isn't that far off the factory ones .. Pagenaud might spring a surprise in qualy

Ciao Marco
Old 28 May 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2470768)   #19
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugout was about to win Le Mans last year. There were 3 seconds a lap faster in the dry and the #7 car only lost 2 minutes to problems when they had to vacuum clean the radiators.
The only way Audi could have beaten Peugout, was to drive a perfect race as the #2 car did. Be faster in the pits and go as fast as possible. That car was miles ahead of the other Audis, and i would take the drivers in those cars ahead of the Kolles drivers anyday! No way a Kolles R10 would be able to challenge a 908.
And i don't think even Joest would be able to win with the R10 this year. The only reason they had a shot last year was because of the weather and bad Peugout pitwork. As we saw at Sebring, Peugout has improved the pitwork immensely. R10s will have no chance this year, which is why they build the R15.

I am hoping for a good run from the Pesca car. It should be the best behind the works diesels. And if they have a clean run, the works cars cannot afford many mistakes if they want to beat Henri's boys.
Old 28 May 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2470839)   #20
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pesca-liveried Pug > normal Pug

Talking about livery, of course.
Old 28 May 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2471071)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I for one would have a huge smile if Henri could win with that 908. Firstly to see someone else win - at last* and secondly, I think Henri deserves it for his support of the 24 Hours over so many years.

(*Whilst my annoyance at Audi's dominatiojn of Le Mans is well-known, I freely accept that they thoroughly deserved it last year with #2.... )
Old 29 May 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2471637)   #22
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the livery, it looks awesome on the 908! So much better than the factory Pugs.

It will be very interesting to follow Pesca's pace versus the big two. It added another bit of spice to the race.
Old 29 May 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2471817)   #23
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I reckon if Joest was still running the R10's ..... it would take the win .
yes, but to be fair Joest could run the WR and still have a shot at winning.

As pretty as the Peugeot is in these colours, personally I'd love to see Pescarolo's own car beat their Peugeot - it's the first time we've seen a team run a diesel and a petrol and I'm wondering if the gap is as big as we (me included) expect.
Old 29 May 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2471824)   #24
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
the difference between the #16 and #17 was quite big already at Spa .. not sure about the reasons .. so expect the pug-pesca to be ahead of the Pesca-Judd

Ciao Marco
Old 29 May 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2471826)   #25
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I for one would have a huge smile if Henri could win with that 908.
I would love to see Henry take the win, maybe more so than Aston.