Other 1 0.84%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Aug 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2737486)   #26
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Hulkenberg. Honourable mention for Petrov.

Actually, no. KOBAYASHI. 9th.
Can't say anything more than that. Good job Kobaybashy!
Old 1 Aug 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2737493)   #27
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
I will say it was crap! What was he thinking? He was 0.5seconds of Alonso's bumper, 2 laps to go and who knows....he should have been there until the flag. Lapped traffic, locked brake, look at Lewis at the end of a race a few GPs ago with the puncture.

No, instead of hustling Alonso to the very end...he backs off for the sake of show boating and going for the fastest lap. Makes no sense to me. Like in Canada, has a car problem and he is asking about fastest lap.

I vote for Webber, just over Petrov then the Hulk.
Just proves how immature the guy is..
Old 1 Aug 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2737498)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSRSR View Post
Just proves how immature the guy is..
I thought his start at Silverstone certainly showed that.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2737514)   #29
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello for me, 50 odd laps on a set of boots & a run in with TGF

Props to Webber also

The priceless bit was watching the look on Webber's and Alonso's face when Vettel was explaining the safety car, I'm sure you could hear them saying "Bull ****" under their breaths
Old 1 Aug 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2737536)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Barrichello for that move.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2737539)   #31
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Webber, for creating the gap he needed and converting what looked like a rubbish (non-)pit call into a fine victory.

Great races for Petrov, Hulkenberg, Kobayashi & Barrichello.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2737553)   #32
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Veggie

the best was barrichelo. a old man with attitude.
make no mistake, and move real slicky to bound to catch the pray.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2737578)   #33
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for Petrov. Close call be between him, Webber and Kobayashi though. Several really good drivers in there, but no great ones though.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2737690)   #34
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Vettel in a Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was between Hulk and 'Chello.

Went for Rubens in the end after that move
Old 1 Aug 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2737697)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Normally it would have been Webber for me without a doubt, but this time it has to be Rubens for a very brave and classy move.

There were several other fine drives.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2737722)   #36
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It pains me to say Webber. I'm surprised it isn't overwhelming. Rubens was great for sticking it down Schumi's throat. Vettel was pathetic all things considered. He is indeed very immature and it's costing him. His speed is clearly there, but he's making major unforced errors (blocking slower cars at the start, missing the restart). His tantrums may also hurt him eventually.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2737729)   #37
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
It pains me to say Webber.
Why? Do you have a sore throat?

Webber and Alonso were both very good today. Webber for cutting great laps when he needed to and on soft tyres for half the race. Alonso for keeping a car that was about a second a lap quicker behind him and for making a great start.

Vettel dropping back to set the fastest lap of the race is bizare. Why didn't he get right on the gearbox for the last two laps and try and force/capitalise on a mastake from Alonso? Surely a potential second place is more important than a fastest lap?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2737744)   #38
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive by Webber. Raw speed is wonderful, but you need to keep your head. Webber did today, Vettel didn't.

As for Schumacher, that kind of move has no place in F1. He should have been disqualified.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2737770)   #39
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber. He raced virtually all the time in qualifying rampage mode. As oposed to Schumi, who raced in Schumi rampage mode.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2737863)   #40
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hulkenberg gets my vote. He's quietly driving with great maturity for a rookie, and qualified well, then brought it home for good points. a great achievement.

Petrov also very impressive. I think he's actually driven really well at times this year, but lets himself down with mistakes and overdriving (and of course is being overshadowed with just how well kubica is driving). Anyway, a pretty good race for him too.

and i also think the other rookie kobayashi did a remarkable job to come from the back of the grid to score a couple of points. He's really looking a very savvy racer at this stage of his career.

Webber of course was outstanding to make the gap, but the race did fall into his lap a bit.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2737869)   #41
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Kobayashi for driving through the field into the points
2. Petrov for an overall great drive to 5th
3. Rubens for his great overtaking and a good drive on old tyres. Safetycar hurt his overall position.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2737883)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Petrov drove a fine race once he'd got his tyres working. Nothing of real note up front, just fast cars in front of slower ones.

Hulkenberg, Kobayashi and one or two others further down the field (B teams included) had very good races.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2738072)   #43
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Petrov eventually but it was a hard decision in the end. Certainly Hulkenberg, Kobayashi, Webber and Rubens were very close, but I can vote only once.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2738166)   #44
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber for winning (not Vettel for whining !) , Barichello for the overtake, but I voted for Kobayashi, great drive to get 9th, would be great to see what he's capable off with a more competitive car under him.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2738193)   #45
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannenmann View Post
Webber. He raced virtually all the time in qualifying rampage mode.
Apart from the opening stage of the race when his team-mate was pulling away from him as if he was stood still...
Old 2 Aug 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2738201)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Apart from the opening stage of the race when his team-mate was pulling away from him as if he was stood still...
Wasn't Webber was being held up by that tediously slow Ferrari at the time.

Vettel, for once, got the start right. Alonso got a 'flier' on the clean side of the track, and that was Webber's win over. Or should have been.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2738202)   #47
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Or just maybe if he hadn't saved fuel and kept his tyres in good nick then he wouldn't have been in a position to rampage when rampage was needed.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2738371)   #48
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I thought there were some really strong contenders this time, but in the end I went for Petrov - I genuinely don't understand why there's talk of him losing his seat.

Webber was terrific once the safety car pulled in, but he didn't look like being in the race before then. Barrichello deserves a huge amount of credit for his move on TGF, and I thought that Kovalainen actually had a very good race to come top of the new teams after a poor start.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 3 Aug 2010, 01:00 (Ref:2738524)   #49
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Petrov...
Old 3 Aug 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2738525)   #50
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Or just maybe if he hadn't saved fuel and kept his tyres in good nick then he wouldn't have been in a position to rampage when rampage was needed.
It was interesting to hear Webbers comments after the race.

He was behind Alonso so he wasn't going to pass (couldn't?) until the pit stops...
In that case he was prepared to save fuel and tyres until he needed to and could amp it up...
But when the safety car came out he decided he could have a crack at building up a lead over Alonso that would enable him to jump Alonso.

Then Seb got penalised with the drive through so RBR had to make Webbers plan work for them or they'd lose the race...

What he did in those circumstances was make a an opportunistic plan succeed and he did it brilliantly.