Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2740930)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Epsilon Euskadi start wind tunnel work on 2011 car

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...rmula-one-car/

Well, it's starting to look like they're the team that are going to get franchise number thirteen, then. It's not as if Durango (even with added JVness) or Stefanovic are easy to take seriously.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2740933)   #2
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it isn't Epilson Euskadi there won't be a 13th team in F1 next year I reckon. Durango and Stefan remain extremely dodgy options.

Excellent news that Guerrieri would be considered for a race seat at EE.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2740982)   #3
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, when exactly, is the official announcement? It's getting a bit late in the day, isn't it? Good job on EE to get started already. I'm sure by this time last year we'd had the news about the three new teams.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2740985)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very soon I think, I heard during this four week break.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2740995)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
They will need another team to replace HRT.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2740996)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
That is a factor though, one option would be just to select Epsilon Euskadi and to bring in another for 2012 or 2013 if there is a space.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2741021)   #7
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
If it isn't Epilson Euskadi there won't be a 13th team in F1 next year I reckon. Durango and Stefan remain extremely dodgy options.

Excellent news that Guerrieri would be considered for a race seat at EE.
Depends if Berine likes them. I hope they do get in, but I think a team-up with HRT could allow for a stronger spanish presence. (And save them going through this entry process. Basically I'm saying they should buy their way in.)
Old 7 Aug 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2741166)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They're serious, they're working hard, they look superior to Hispania in every way, I hope they get the chance. Could the Basque connection be a problem for them politically getting through the door?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2741286)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Probably not, if it's the WMSC making the decision the WMSC only has one Spanish member. The other bids aren't serious. Besides, they aren't as explicitly Basque as the Euskaltel cycling team (if Euskaltel sponsor the F1 effort, we'd get a nice and orange car - that would be great).
Old 8 Aug 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2741293)   #10
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Depends if Berine likes them. I hope they do get in, but I think a team-up with HRT could allow for a stronger spanish presence. (And save them going through this entry process. Basically I'm saying they should buy their way in.)
You make a good point about Bernie. I wonder will it be an issue that EE applied last year and didn't get in, especially considering that USF1 and Campos originally made the cut. Were they one of the teams that didn't get an entry because they chose not to run a Cosworth engine?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2741496)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Possibly, but it's not as if they have any real choice this time round. It's EE or no-one for the thirteenth (or it might even be 12th) franchise.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2741584)   #12
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd take the no one option

We don't need a 13th team, especially if that 13th team is going to struggle and just leech money from Bernie, because that'll just annoy Bernie and the other teams. And EE, for all their grand facilities and big name tech guys, have struggled for money for a while now. They've not hit the heights of 2005 in the World Series by Renault, and their sportscar programme was a total disaster

I'd give it to Stefan GP. Just for a laugh
Old 9 Aug 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2741673)   #13
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that its a wise and prudent step to go to a bigger series than WS by Renault before F1. They should be doing GP2 or LeMans (and have some results) to have F1 aspirations.

To get to F1 you need a lot of support, not only a bunch of "promised" dollars that will go away at the slightest difficulty. With less than a 5 year plan I wont consider a candidate as serious.

The last "new" F1 teams that endured a while were Toyota and Stewart (with huge Ford backing) that then turned to Jaguar/RBR. All the other teams are mutations of past teams and there are only 3 "old" teams. This actually shows how difficult it is. F1 is not an easy task and you only have 1 chance, a wrong shot and you´d never want to try again.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 01:37 (Ref:2741678)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just as well I keep abreast of what's going on in F1, otherwise I would have thought Epsilon Euskadi was the new Star Trek series, designed to resurrect the franchise.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2741825)   #15
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*cough* merge with/takeover HRT *cough*
Old 9 Aug 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2741887)   #16
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the EE/HRT team should then hire Alonso and Alguersuari to form an all-Spanish team. Non-stop complaining by Alonso over radio ensured.

Villeneuve complained about the wind tunnel tests already. Does Durango even have a wind tunnel yet?
Old 9 Aug 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2741935)   #17
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
No, because Durango don't make their own cars. They'd have to get someone else to make them for them.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2741936)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what exactly are the wind tunnel restrictions now?

EE must surely be benefiting from getting as much scale model testing in as possible before their entry becomes official since then they would have to adhere to the current testing restriction.
im also glad they are not relying only on CFD modeling.

although im still not convinced they can compete with anything that has some "added JVness" in the mix....im totally guessing here but does JVness = awesomeness?
Old 9 Aug 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2741941)   #19
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
what exactly are the wind tunnel restrictions now?
The sporting regs say unlimited up to 60%, but you can run 100% if you sacrifice straightline testing days. Speed is limited to 50 metres per second in any case. The RRA may be more restrictive.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2741944)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannenmann View Post
Does Durango even have a wind tunnel yet?
they've got a desk fan and an empty bog roll tube?
Old 9 Aug 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2742048)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they've got a desk fan and an empty bog roll tube?

Seriously, there is only one realistic option for this franchise round, unless there are bidders we don't know about, or Durango are already in a tieup with a very good chassis manufacturer (although we knew what happened when we were about to get the leading single seater constructor in the world with a pretty good GP2 team).